Your 2021 S addition: Malik Hooker

dwreck27

Reaction score
Has he been productive? Haven’t heard a peep about his career and only remember him being highly thought of coming of Ohio state

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A lot of 5th year options not being picked up this year, more so than any other year I can recall.

The only player I remember who did not have their 5th year option picked up and then turned around and balled was Chicago Bear CB Kyle Fuller. They ended up having to tag him after his 4th year and he went to 2 Pro Bowls and 1 first team All-Pro honor.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like a lot of teams are declining the 5th year options. I think it has more to do with how the money is guaranteed from the new CBA then it is on the players abilities.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

File it away. I want.

(No jokes about me wanting a Hooker, please)

This might be the smartest thing you've ever posted, although I could be a tad biased when it comes to Ohio State alums from western PA.

Sign me up.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A lot of 5th year options not being picked up this year, more so than any other year I can recall.

The only player I remember who did not have their 5th year option picked up and then turned around and balled was Chicago Bear CB Kyle Fuller. They ended up having to tag him after his 4th year and he went to 2 Pro Bowls and 1 first team All-Pro honor.
Kareem Jackson didnt have his picked up. He was terrible his first 3 years, then broke out and got an extension his 4th year

Honestly I dont see much of a reason not to pick it up for lower firsts. I remember when we picked Byrons up, it was only 6 million

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of teams are declining the 5th year options. I think it has more to do with how the money is guaranteed from the new CBA then it is on the players abilities.
Ehh. If you look at the players who've had their 5th year options declined, there has been some kind of issue. Plus, the 5th year jumps up significantly (before and after the new CBA).

Hooker has had a hard time staying healthy.

John Ross, Garret Bolles, Leonard Fournette, Solomon Thomas, Corey Davis, Jarrad Davis, Mitchell Trubisky, etc., have not played up to expectations.

Jamal Adams, TJ Watt, Mike Williams, and Adoree Jackson,who've all had their 5th year option picked up, have played well.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Honestly, hasn't really done much of anything so far in the league. Always worth it to kick the tires, but he's been mediocre.