CFZ Your All Time Overrated Draft Pet Cats

Western

Reaction score
When Roger retired in 1979, during the early to mid 1980's, in the never ending quest of acquiring the most important player for the team -- a franchise QB:

1983 Draft -- Reggie Collier in the 6th round -- QB Southern Mississippi University

collierdropback-jpg_230406.jpg

1987 Draft -- Kevin Sweeney in the 7th round -- QB Fresno State University

02-Sweeney.jpg

fivetwos

Reaction score
Great example. Bill Thomas has to be one of the biggest draft duds in HOFer Gil Brandt’s long career. Let’s also remember two other duds a few years later, the vastly overrated corner we drafted first in ‘76- Aaron Kyle and DE Larry Bethea in 78. Both were out of the league in 5 seasons.
If we are gonna go there with Coach, gotta throw in dealing two ones for Dutton....Howard Richards, Robert Shaw, Rod Hill, Billy Cannon, Mike Sherrard.....

That all caught up to him and lead to his firing and probably the sale of the team.

plymkr

Reaction score
Macey Brooks, 1996 or 1997 5th round. I thought he was the 2nd coming of Michael Irvin. He didn't even make the practice squad.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Alexander Wright the highest paid decoy in the NFL.

He wasn’t making that much we moved on from him during his rookie contract. He had blazing speed but was a complete flop as a receiver. However he did have this KO return.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
michigan de taco charlton.
i LOVED that pick at the time.
i'm a sucker for de's 6'5 or taller.
i was pumped when we got him.
boy i couldn't have been wrong'r'er.

Most of us on the board hated the pick. He looked slow with no burst on his highlights. His highlights they showed during the draft were unimpressive. His lack of quickness and burst off the ball was alarming! I knew we were in trouble with him when Garrett was asked during the post draft press conference about his lack of quickness/burst and he said there’s more to rushing the passer than burst and quickness. As a fan that’s not what you want to hear.