Your Favorite Toy as a Kid?

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I had 2 to 3 big garbage bags full of toy soldiers.
https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/collection-traditional-toy-soldiers-649989394

I had

Green army men
Germans
Redcoats
American Revolutionary
Cowboys
Indians
Yankees
Confederates
Knights
Vikings

How about you?

Tough call, maybe just what you posted above.
I had a HUGE collection of military figurines, everything from Greek/Roman/Classical era all the way up to World War 2. Most were 1/72 scale and the rest were larger.
The electronic race track was also a favorite along with the Evil Knievel stunt cycle.

Anyways, back to the soldiers. My stepbrother and I would simulate huge battles with our Napoleonic 1/72 scale soldiers. Even painted them and everything. Great times....

timb2

Reaction score
Tough call, maybe just what you posted above.
I had a HUGE collection of military figurines, everything from Greek/Roman/Classical era all the way up to World War 2. Most were 1/72 scale and the rest were larger.
The electronic race track was also a favorite along with the Evil Knievel stunt cycle.

Anyways, back to the soldiers. My stepbrother and I would simulate huge battles with our Napoleonic 1/72 scale soldiers. Even painted them and everything. Great times....
I painted my soldiers also. I even made Hitler

Winonesoon

Reaction score
19308.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5 or 6-ish: Play-Doh
7-8: Electric Football (my brother and I were crazy over that nonsense)
9: Legos
10-11: Pong (it was the early/mid-70s, so sue me :laugh:)
12-ish: Atari (I couldn't believe my father bought me one/best Dad ever :p )

Still playing video games in my mid-50's, so the definition of 'kid' may be fluid in my case. :)

timb2

Reaction score
5 or 6-ish: Play-Doh
7-8: Electric Football (my brother and I were crazy over that nonsense)
9: Legos
10-11: Pong (it was the early/mid-70s, so sue me :laugh:)
12-ish: Atari (I couldn't believe my father bought me one/best Dad ever :p )

Still playing video games in my mid-50's, so the definition of 'kid' may be fluid in my case. :)
Loved electric football but put me almost to tears when the football players would break off at the ankles

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved electric football but put me almost to tears when the football players would break off at the ankles
I think my folks bought ours at an old TG&Y. Younger members read that and probably ask themselves, "What the heck is a TG&Y?" :laugh: I remember us getting several boards to play with, perhaps because replacement player pieces were not really sold separately (I think).

timb2

Reaction score
We would be playing Army with all these soldiers and all of sudden this giant monster tabby cat would lay in between them and knock them around. My cat wanted to play too. She had a wicked tail whip