Your Most Inspirational Cowboy

cowboyec

Reaction score
Tom Rafferty.
opened holes for Tony D...and later...Herschel.
played OG then moved to Center.
arguably our greatest.
a true Cowboy.
a pro's pro...a man's man.
gave Coach Landry the game ball in '88 after beating the skins at RFK...it would be Coach's last win.
an all-time good'n.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
1151a53b31675d66734bd9f1944a08b2.gif

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Staubach. Never even saw him play live, not old enough. But the guy fought in war and is an time great football Player. Doesn't get any more inspirational than that.
Staubach is really the best choice, even though I said Bates based on the heart and determination he played with. But aside from the points you made, if you ever watch interviews with guys Staubach played with, you will hear virtually all of them say they would run through a wall for him, and no matter how poorly a game was going they never thought they were out of it with Staubach. They all thought Staubach would find a way to pull them out of it. And speaking for those of us that are old enough to have watched Staubach, that feeling was the same with the fans. We always thought Staubach would pull it out. The way I describe is that some QB's are able to push teammates to be the best they can be, but Staubach inspired teammates to be better than they or others even realized they could be. I doubt any QB at any point in time had the confidence of his teammates more than Staubach did.

blueblood70

Reaction score
none im not inspired by entertainers, real life people who do extraordinary things , have true conviction, and make real sacrifices inspire me..

maybe there are some sports and other entrainment people that have this but cant remember a DC off the top of my head..

Now Pat Tillman gave up football and then his life to do something inspired., thats inspirational..

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
none im not inspired by entertainers, real life people who do extraordinary things , have true conviction, and make real sacrifices inspire me..

maybe there are some sports and other entrainment people that have this but cant remember a DC off the top of my head..

Now Pat Tillman gave up football and then his life to do something inspired., thats inspirational..
You can be inspired by someone without believing he's one of the greatest people on the planet. If a player's goodwill or charitable gift has ever made you decide to give, then he's inspired you. If Emmitt's effort against the Giants, despite a separated shoulder ever made you try just a little harder or tolerate just a bit more pain. If Charles Haley.......hmm, never mind.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
To me .. Tom Landry ... but he is not qualified for this poll

URKG

Imagine watching a Cowboys game and when they put the camera on the sideline Tom Landry is standing there with the headset, fedora, and nice suit

Tell me that doesn't inspire you

:cool:

mrmojo

Reaction score
Roger Staubach.....he was tough as nails and the ultimate competitor, he hated to lose...he had a nasty side too on the field, he didn't take crap from anyone.....never boasted and almost always delivered.

His play on the field is inspiration enough but what he has achieved off the field is just as inspirational. Great man....

batman36

Reaction score
Honestly, I didn't know that any of those guys were African American. I'm kinda proud of that!

Ranching, when I watch the Cowboys, and the OU Sooners, that's how I like to think of it, as well. A collection of people playing for my favorite teams. Well stated!