Your Most Inspirational Cowboy

blueblood70

Reaction score
I think a lot of people assign too much meaning to the word "inspiration". As an artist, I can be inspired by a thunderstorm, a great speech, the sight of a beautiful woman, or just a simple shape I see in the pattern of wallpaper.

In this sense, my signature makes it clear that Emmitt is the Cowboy by whom I've been the most inspired.

Inspiration isn't necessarily life changing.
thats you definition I choose to make person(s) who actually live up to the definition of inspiring to my list like Nelson Mandela and like I said keeping it in sports realm Pat Tillman GAVE UP millions to go basically give his life for FREE for his country..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excellent choice and reasoning.

Yeah, how does anyone top that?

But it does remind me that Staubach has helped a lot of his former teammates too. Obviously not giving body parts, but it's worthwhile viewing for anyone to watch the episode of "A Football Life" on Staubach. Hollywood Henderson, for one, credits Staubach with helping him out of addiction and poverty, and others said Staubach helped them in their lives after football as well, some of whom were down on their luck.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Tom Rafferty.
opened holes for Tony D...and later...Herschel.
played OG then moved to Center.
arguably our greatest.
a true Cowboy.
a pro's pro...a man's man.
gave Coach Landry the game ball in '88 after beating the skins at RFK...it would be Coach's last win.
an all-time good'n.
I always liked the D line during the doomsday days but Harvey Martin was a beast.

I did meet Randy White once. Him and the wife came into the restaurant one afternoon about 2pm. They were the only ones there. He is a big fella.

GMO415

Reaction score
Roger Staubach without question. Nobody’s perfect, but he’s about as close as you can get imo.
Toger_Staubuach.png

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I love Romo and Dak's stories a lot. Neither one of those guys were ever supposed to be an NFL starter.

Emmitt inspired me a lot as a kid though. There's something admirable about a guy as goal oriented as emmitt.

Last edited:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I love Romo and Dak's stories a lot. Neither one of those guys were ever supposed to be an NFL starter.

Emmitt inspired me a lot as a kid though. There's something admirable about a guy as goal oriented as emmitt.
Honestly, the fact that Dak and Romo were never supposed to be starters makes them all that more inspirational, to me. JMHO.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's Darren Woodson for me.

By the way, Woody belongs in the Hall Of Fame. He was surrounded by so many other big names in the 1990's people tend to forget about him, and that's a shame.