Zach Martin? Are you serious?

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Why is everyone's fix for the team to revamp every year to copy the SB winner. That team wasn't built in one draft. They obviously have a plan to become a dominating offense and have invested in the trenches. We do have like 10 more picks right?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Why is everyone's fix for the team to revamp every year to copy the SB winner. That team wasn't built in one draft. They obviously have a plan to become a dominating offense and have invested in the trenches. We do have like 10 more picks right?

oh well, in case you missed last year, defense was the big problem, you might have heard. One team we didnt bother stopping, one team we had the lead on and threw that away and another team decided since we were going to give the game away in teh last minute, heck why not take it and they did. All of those problems were on the offensive side of the ball, oh wait, yes according to our draft it was.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
49ers are one of the best teams in the NFL bc they have a great defense. Y do u think they keep bringing aldon smith back no matter what he does? Martin got destroyed by bama.

Here is the game. At the 1:30 mark he blocks two DL and frees up a huge run. I saw him give up no pressure despite being down 3 scores for the majority of the game.

Please stop trolling.

JsnSA

Reaction score
Some people forget how bad our O-line was up until this last season. Do you really want to go back to that?

Waters will most likely not be back and we have no depth on the O-line. There is no way we are making it through the season without losing at least one of our lineman to injury at some point. Now we will have an instant starter who makes the line even better and adds flexibility in case of injury.

I am sorry but this is a good pick. Its not flashy but it definitely makes the team better and sets them up for the future.

Titleist

Reaction score
I like the pick but I'm not anointing our O-line as the best in the league just yet. For one, we have the talent to be able to rest our defense but running the ball. However, we have a coach who was getting blasted on a national stage for not running the ball when it was obvious we should have. Sure, we have the personnel to have a great offense, but I'll have to see it to believe it. We didn't really play smart offense last year. We really need some discipline on offense. So, this can be a great pick if our coaches make the most of it. For the moment, it could be a mistake.

Secondly, I do agree with you about defense. The Broncos had the best offense in NFL history and almost were held scoreless in the Super Bowl. Defense still wins championships. Even the years great QBs like Peyton, Brady, Brees, Aaron, Warner, won Super Bowls, their defenses were pretty good. Even the Cowboys of the 90's and 49ers of the 80's and 90's had good defenses. So, even if our offense is great this year, it won't cover up an awful defense.

It sucks looking at defenses that are already good get even better. Rams already had the best D-line in football, in my opinion, with DEs Quinn and Long and DT Brockers, and now they go and add possibly the best 3-tech DT in a decade. The Cardinals already had the best secondary outside of Seattle, and now they added a 1st-round safety. Same goes for the 49ers. Well, the NFC West seems to know what they're doing. They've been owning the NFL the last two years. And I think St. Louis will be a contender this year. And Arizona is a QB away from being a contender.

So, I don't mind drafting O-line, but our coaching better run the ball or it's pointless. And it does suck seeing great defenses get greater when we're trotting out guys like Wilcox, Heath, Carter, Holloman, Selvie, Crawford, Mincey, McClain.

Yep and the defenses don't necessarily have to be that great...as long as your defense is scrappy and wins the turnover margin consistently, your team is usually doing pretty well.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
I know good football players in a hurricanes fan, all we do is produce great nfl talent. ND does not, if he makes a pro-bowl I'm gone forever.

GiveDezdaBall88

Reaction score
I know good nfl talent, this guy is not a game changer. Will do nothing to change our medicority.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
lol what round was Nate newton and Larry Allen? This guy can't hold their jock straps.

come on, how rare are those guys. hes not a bad player, but i feel safety could have been locked up and be an instant upgrade at a need.