Zach Wilson

bb721

Reaction score
Right team, wrong QB. Mike White could be expendable once Wilson returns, and he would give the Cowboys a somewhat experienced QB who knows their system.

He doesn’t know the system. Played under Garrett, not McCarthy.

cowboyec

Reaction score
if we're gonna trade for a qb...i'd rather trade for jimmy g.

Flamma

Reaction score
How often do highly drafted QBs become good on their second team after flaming out with their first team? Drew Brees might count but he was a second rounder. It’s easy to say it was the Jets but I am having trouble thinking of an example.

Trubiski is trying to do this right now.

I can't think of one either. But Zach Wilson hasn't had ample chance yet. Like with Darnold, they'll give him enough rope before they trade him.

exciter

Reaction score
Injured and not available right now at a reasonable price. However, should be back soon and playing in what looks like a poor Jets team that is likely to struggle. Assuming his stock continues to fall, by trade deadline if the Jets were looking to move on would you be prepared to trade for him as he was taken #2 in the 21 draft?

Price may drop even further in close season.

Off the table for me would be giving up a first-round pick, I think I would do my due diligence though on Wilson as it is essential Dak has someone to compete with going forward.
Bust, might as well put a board of the Canadian league QBs and throw a dart!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Injured and not available right now at a reasonable price. However, should be back soon and playing in what looks like a poor Jets team that is likely to struggle. Assuming his stock continues to fall, by trade deadline if the Jets were looking to move on would you be prepared to trade for him as he was taken #2 in the 21 draft?

Off the table for me would be giving up a first-round pick, I think I would do my due diligence though on Wilson as it is essential Dak has someone to compete with going forward.

Theres maybe 5-8 QB's in the NFL better than Dak. Wilson isnt one of them. Although its hard to tell how good the kid is this early and surrounded by a bad line.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Answer me this how many Jets QBs that went bust panned out somewhere else? Nuff said!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Jets won’t be giving up on Zach Wilson for at least another year or two.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

When was the last time we drafted a strong armed 6'4" QB? Troy Aikman?

You want to replace a 6'2" QB with another 6'2"QB, right? When was the last time Dallas won a Super Bowl with a 6'2" QB?

I'd rather we draft another strong armed 6'4" QB. So I'd take Phil Jurkovec from Boston College in next years draft.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
How often do highly drafted QBs become good on their second team after flaming out with their first team? Drew Brees might count but he was a second rounder. It’s easy to say it was the Jets but I am having trouble thinking of an example.

Drew Brees isn't really a good example. I think he had injury problems to start with, and then he wanted to leave by the end. So it wasn't really like the team gave up on him, but Drew just said im out. Plus he was never bad, he just couldn't stay healthy long enough, and have enough talent around him to play well.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Trubiski is trying to do this right now.

I can't think of one either. But Zach Wilson hasn't had ample chance yet. Like with Darnold, they'll give him enough rope before they trade him.

Baker Mayfield is as well. I agree with Zach Wilson. He is not done yet.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Drew Brees isn't really a good example. I think he had injury problems to start with, and then he wanted to leave by the end. So it wasn't really like the team gave up on him, but Drew just said im out. Plus he was never bad, he just couldn't stay healthy long enough, and have enough talent around him to play well.

I agree that Brees is a poor example. The next best I can do is Tannehill who didn’t exactly flame out in Miami but he did have success at his next stop in Tennessee.

Flamma

Reaction score
Baker Mayfield is as well. I agree with Zach Wilson. He is not done yet.

I originally had Mayfield written down and removed it. Mainly because he didn't really flame out like Trubisky did. Baker had some success. Cleveland kind of found a better option. But he is borderline. But if Trubiski actually did a 180, that would truly be a shocker.