Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If we go year to year with Zeke it will be manageable

2020- 5th year option 10m
2021- Franchise Tag 12m
2022- Franchise Tag 14.4m

That is 3/36.4m

If we offer 4/44m after 2019 with 22m gtd we might get a deal

Possibly but I feel like we will still need to add some Defensive players and we will also have to account for a few more OLs as well. I just don't see it but hey, seems like almost anything can happen with the cap these days.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes ....in 2019 .......his base salary is 10m and will be restructured since it is already guaranteed

That does not mean it will be restructured, they could decide to ask him to do that if they need the cap space but at this time that is not the case so as of right now his cap hit in 2019 is 14m not the 7m you stated in your original post

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
After a pattern of irresponsible contracts, it's a big relief that the Cowboys have finally come up with plan and are sticking with it. The structure of this deal is in line with the new Cowboy way of doing business. The salary cap space in future years is something I'm sure much of Cowboy Nation never ever thought possible.
Amen, Big Dog!

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
That does not mean it will be restructured, they could decide to ask him to do that if they need the cap space but at this time that is not the case so as of right now his cap hit in 2019 is 14m not the 7m you stated in your original post
lighten up Francis.......it is a prediction based on years of contracts and SOPs

they do it with all the long deals, especially the OL.......it is like a second Signing Bonus and the players love it

Maverick84

Reaction score
We have never been in this situation before

It is unprecedented that we have 100m in cap space and 30 player under rookie deals

I can almost see the Salary Cap being eliminated in the next CBA

Teams have left a combined 535m on the shelf this year and that will rollover or wasted to hide the surplus

oh please stop, I can only get so erect

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
oh please stop, I can only get so erect
Is a 250m Salary Cap even worth having if they don't expand the rosters?

Owners are still going to use rookies instead of expensive vets......the CBA expires after 2020 so we will soon see...... although the NFLPA rehired DSmith to handle the negotiations and he got killed last time

They may just use it as leverage to get marijuana allowed

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
ukkicl1ftcua2tgoixpv.jpg

etwkgharbrideufzs3pm.jpg

vzqu220up2of5gmuock2.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The Joneses are looking pretty old...... except for Jerry's 40 year old brain(which I can almost see thru his translucent skin)