Zack Martin on his contract: We'll see where it goes

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This is where Stephen Jones P me off.......dragging his feet when comes to getting deals done. Martin is obviously getting frustrated.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...with-Cowboys-Well-see-where-it-goes-118295234
Zack Martin on contract talks: 'We'll see where it goes'
ByPATRIK WALKER 9 hours ago
6_7243670.jpg

(Photo: Joe Robbins, Scout.com)

The time has come to build a Bank of America on Zack Martin's front lawn.

Following a failed attempt in 2017 to settle terms on a new deal with the veteran guard, the Dallas Cowboys again face an offseason with him as their financial headliner. No one in their right mind wants to see such a talent walk out the door, and both owner Jerry Jones and EVP Stephen Jonesare confident a deal will get done in the near future. Martin himself is optimistic as well, but admits it's no longer in the forefront of his mind now that offseason conditioning is in full swing with players preparing to kick things up a notch in OTAs.

“I think it’s been better after we’ve gotten into the facility with all the guys,” he said from the Cowboys' charity home run derby, via 247Sports. “I really don’t think about it now, because I’m with those guys working out and kind of back to normal. We’ll see. Hopefully it gets done.

"We’ll see where it goes.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hope we get this done....

some of these contracts are high...
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/guard/
He gon' get 14/yr.
Things will get difficult for the OL in the next year and the year after the next. I'm intrigued to see how they handle this allocation of money combined with their focus to keeping the OL as elite as possible.
I think we'll be seeing more high round OL picks in the next several drafts.

Corso

Reaction score
The deal will get done and everyone knows it. That being said, just get it over with instead of dragging it out. It's a bad look for the Cowboys and sends the wrong message to the locker room and potential future FA's.
You don't enjoy the Art of Negotiation, apparently.
Everything comes down to the last second and both parties should feel like they got one over.

You did that - you won. Ask any sales person.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The deal will get done and everyone knows it. That being said, just get it over with instead of dragging it out. It's a bad look for the Cowboys and sends the wrong message to the locker room and potential future FA's.

^this

Corso

Reaction score
:hammer:You just won post of the month (lol)
Not Zach. Maybe Fleming...
Zach is adored here. Always has been and the fact that nobody has started a crusade against him wanting to get paid is evidence.
And this has been ruminating for a long time. Long enough for boundaries to be drawn and none have happened yet.

I've seen boundaries drawn within minutes. Peeps have had over a year to squawk over Zack.

Ain't happening.

Corso

Reaction score
Uh Oh... I just got word The @Fuzz is in the house.
I better be on my P's and Q's.

Nah... we fam.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I keep getting grilled for it, but I'll keep saying it. I really don't think the Cowboys will extend Martin. They'll let him walk because he's seeking too much money, or more preferably, they'll trade him in a sign-and-trade.

The Cowboys are still investing premium draft picks on the line. I think it's a sign.

Now go ahead, tell me how wrong I am.

Last edited: