Video: Zeke’s Not Selling Fear

cern

Reaction score
if it is true that zeke has been offered a contract that would make him among the top 5 highest paid at the position, he should take it, play well, stop being a fool off the field and his endorsement money would be thru the roof. advertisers beg for guys like zeke to be the spokesmen for their products. look at how much dak gets just from endorsments because he understands how to behave. the world is zeke's oyster if only he has the brains to take it. I agree with the assessment that he really doesn't have much leverage. he can hold out and lose a lot of money. but why cut off your nose to spite your face?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I forget who quoted SJ as saying they'll let Dak play out the year and then let him go test the free agent waters. He's gonna wish he signed that 30 million dollar offer.

I would love to see where Steven Jones said this. I don't believe he did. Even if he is thinking it, he wouldn't say it publicly where he could be quoted.

superonyx

Reaction score
This is the reality of the NFL and the position he plays. It's not about being dumb or ignorant, it's simply understanding that different positions get paid more and many teams have put a value on RBs that people like Zeke, and I guess you, don't like.

If he doesn't like it, he should have played a different position or picked a different sport. He's perfectly in his right to hold out. But the Cowboys are perfectly in their right to make him sit and stew for as long as they want too.
Seriously? You read the OP and my response and come up with a response that doesnt have much to do with what I said. Kind of weird but ok.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and restate my point.

You can't compare a RB holding out after year 3 to a QB because QB's get bigger contracts into their 30's and running backs get smaller contracts into their mid 20's. So by the guy in the video bringing up Mahommes not holding out and pretending Zeke is a monster and awful human being as the OP stated its a failed comparison since these 2 positions have the opposite age/contract conditions.

What were you going on about with not liking RB pay? Where did I say a word about RB pay? Do you see how you read what I wrote, came up with your own version of my position so you could try to create an argument. Its weird dude.

If you want to argue with me for whatever reason I don't mind arguing but can we at least find something we disagree on first so the argument at least feels real.

Sydla

Reaction score
Seriously? You read the OP and my response and come up with a response that doesnt have much to do with what I said. Kind of weird but ok.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and restate my point.

You can't compare a RB holding out after year 3 to a QB because QB's get bigger contracts into their 30's and running backs get smaller contracts into their mid 20's. So by the guy in the video bringing up Mahommes not holding out and pretending Zeke is a monster and awful human being as the OP stated its a failed comparison since these 2 positions have the opposite age/contract conditions.

What were you going on about with not liking RB pay? Where did I say a word about RB pay? Do you see how you read what I wrote, came up with your own version of my position so you could try to create an argument. Its weird dude.

If you want to argue with me for whatever reason I don't mind arguing but can we at least find something we disagree on first so the argument at least feels real.

Weird is calling people ignorant or dumb because they don't share your viewpoint.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke might not have the leverage Bell had but Bell started this and Now Gordon and others are following suit.. Zeke knows the worth he has to this team and where he falls at his position which is Elite top 1 or 2 right now and deserves the money..His stock is as high as it will ever be and thats why hes doing this.. SB will be next he will NOT play out his rookie deal either..RB are fighting back and the elite ones have point.. Gordons not one of them but still..

If all 3 were TEAM friendly Zeke still should get 15 Dak 30 Amari 17 and lest move on.. all 3 are technically being selfish just because the other 2 showed up and im saying that lightly what has Amari done this TC, hmm say next to nothing with his phantom foot , same as holdout hes just smarter, skip all practices until game one and the foot all of sudden is great again, Dak what 5 plays the first game and really what working half speed walk throughs,.. Zekes missing nothing with th mileage he has he and the cowboys no this isnt a big deal YET.. after 8-27 it gets serious

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The simple truth is that in order for long term cap stability— the FO has to stick to their budget. The same fans screaming for them to “SIGN ZEKE NOW!!!!” will be screaming bloody murder when the cap is screwed up in 2-3 years and we are having to rebuild again.

Zeke is the culprit here. He is under contract for 2 more years and needs to report, play, and negotiate in good faith. Worst case? He gets franchised and gets top 5 money at his position for 2 years.

Had he been squeaky clean off the field... maybe he would have a bit more leverage— but the fact that he is unreliable and a constant suspension risk (eligible for a lifetime ban!!) — and he is playing hardball like this with a GM who has had his back since day 1?!?! Screw him!

Bad optics for Zeke 100%

Zeke holding out can hold this entire season hostage. I can see him waiting to report until week 10... smh

With him at RB? This is a 10-6 or better team. Without him? We are looking at 8-8 or worse imo

cern

Reaction score
bell showed others how to lose an entire year's salary, and in the end take a smaller deal than that which was offered by pittsburg in the first place. shrewd negotiating. not exactly a paradigm of negotiating wizardry. jerry and stephen have made it clear. they are not going to be pulled into the "market" game.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
if it is true that zeke has been offered a contract that would make him among the top 5 highest paid at the position, he should take it, play well, stop being a fool off the field and his endorsement money would be thru the roof. advertisers beg for guys like zeke to be the spokesmen for their products. look at how much dak gets just from endorsments because he understands how to behave. the world is zeke's oyster if only he has the brains to take it. I agree with the assessment that he really doesn't have much leverage. he can hold out and lose a lot of money. but why cut off your nose to spite your face?

That's what, sadly, happens with so many young, foolish players that can't see the forest for the trees. They get so wound up with themselves and their glory that they start thinking they're indispensable. Zeke's a perfect example of that type!

The Dallas FO is digging in for the long term at this stage of the game. They know what's at stake if they weaken and allow the players to run their business! I'm really hoping they'll dig a trench, jump in it and prepare themselves for a hard-fought battle.

The stakes are extremely high. If they're able to gain an image of sticking to their financial plan, there's a great deal to be gained in the long run!

Last edited:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What would the intelligent beings say if no one wanted to play the position of running back? Every kid avoided this position on the field. How would the value change?

lkelly

Reaction score
I forget who quoted SJ as saying they'll let Dak play out the year and then let him go test the free agent waters. He's gonna wish he signed that 30 million dollar offer.

I've said this several times with my Cowboys friends here. Let Dak play out the season. Put the Transition tag on him and let the market set his contract (plan to match unless some team is foolish enough to offer him $40 million). You have Fromm, Herbert, and Tua on the draft board (and likely a few other decent names that show up in 2019 that are worth considering). Teams with a premium pick are going to be salivating over a cheap rookie and not clamoring to drop $35+ million a year on a guy who throws for 3500 and 20 TDs. If a team knows that Dallas has the cap space and will likely match any reasonable offer, they aren't going to be hot to do Dallas' negotiating for them. And if Dak regresses this year, Dallas has plenty of leverage for an affordable contract. Heck, if he wins the Super Bowl, Jerry will be so delirious that he'll write whatever check is required.

cern

Reaction score
What would the intelligent beings say if no one wanted to play the position of running back? Every kid avoided this position on the field. How would the value change?
probably that it's not likely a young man would forsake being bmoc in high school and college with a chance to make millions in the nfl.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said this several times with my Cowboys friends here. Let Dak play out the season. Put the Transition tag on him and let the market set his contract (plan to match unless some team is foolish enough to offer him $40 million). You have Fromm, Herbert, and Tua on the draft board (and likely a few other decent names that show up in 2019 that are worth considering). Teams with a premium pick are going to be salivating over a cheap rookie and not clamoring to drop $35+ million a year on a guy who throws for 3500 and 20 TDs. If a team knows that Dallas has the cap space and will likely match any reasonable offer, they aren't going to be hot to do Dallas' negotiating for them. And if Dak regresses this year, Dallas has plenty of leverage for an affordable contract. Heck, if he wins the Super Bowl, Jerry will be so delirious that he'll write whatever check is required.

exactly right. I don't see the hurry paying Dak. He still has a lot to prove, but he's good enough to keep us from drafting in the top 12 which is what it is probably going to cost to get any of those 3.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I've said this several times with my Cowboys friends here. Let Dak play out the season. Put the Transition tag on him and let the market set his contract (plan to match unless some team is foolish enough to offer him $40 million).

Best idea I've read on the subject. There's no risk of losing him unless the price is higher than you're willing to pay.

Let the market set his rate, not his rate set the market.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
probably that it's not likely a young man would forsake being bmoc in high school and college with a chance to make millions in the nfl.

Time will tell. To some, it is about respect. Money, is not the only factor that drives an individual.

cern

Reaction score
Time will tell. To some, it is about respect. Money, is not the only factor that drives an individual.
in some circumstances that is true. but in the nfl, it's always about the money. zeke is respected by his teammates, his coaches and the front office. so what else is there but money.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
in some circumstances that is true. but in the nfl, it's always about the money. zeke is respected by his teammates, his coaches and the front office. so what else is there but money.

Respect

CWR

Reaction score
I like Dak, but I dont like Dak @32+. He is a top 10-12 qb and I realize inflation factors in. I feel like our FO has made an adequate offer and I think he'd be a fool not to take it.

Dak has essentially a season and a half of great production and a season and a half of duds. So hes been 50/50 imo. Then he's looking at the prospect of not having Zeke to load the box.

Daks about to roll the dice and odds are he will crap out. Which is why it wouldn't suprise me if they locked up his deal just prior to opening day. Dak isn't stupid, at least I dont think he is.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score

I couldn't agree more and I've been saying it to anyone who will listen. The QB's coming out next year look fantastic. Could be 1983 all over again.... pay zeke... pay cooper.....Don't pay Dak. There is no way on earth the man is worth $30 million per year. Give up 3 number 1 draft picks if you need to and go get one of the rookie studs. Pay him beans for 4 years and you can retain everyone else you want to retain... Jaylon, Zeke, Cooper, B. Jones, etc etc.....

You pay Dak that kind of money, and your team is DONE. Look at the packers since they paid Rodgers. Look at Seattle since they've paid Wilson.... its just a fact of life. You pay a qb that kind of money, and the rest of the team has to go. And Dak is not Rodgers or Wilson.

Let Dak play out his contract.... if he has a great year, franchise him. If not... let him go get his 20 million dollars a year from the Bengals and lose his Yogurt and Pepsi deals since nobody will remember who he is, outside of Cincinnati.