Video: Zeke’s Not Selling Fear

blueblood70

Reaction score
Only difference..Zeke is the best at his position...and has been from day 1. And Zeke would be a great RB no matter where he played. Dak is an average QB..in spite of having a great OL..great running game and above average receiving weapons. Dak would be a below average QB without having yhe trappings Dallas has provided him with
its pretty much what I said..pay zeke..he earned it..will earn it ..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
That goes to my point. Kids will stop wanting to play a position that is devalued, no respect, and little coin. An hybrid can do it all, but be paid handsomely.

"Hybrids" are a rare commodity. Very few individuals have that exceptionally special trait.

There will always be many more of the RBs who can't qualify and will take lesser wages.

These types of situations tend to go in cycles. In time, RB wages should return to normal.

Last edited:

GMO415

Reaction score
It just doesn't make sense to ask for more money just three years into a five year contract......

Eanwen

Reaction score
I wonder what the correlation is between guys who thought Cooper wasn't worth the pick Dallas traded for him to the ones who think Dak is nothing without him.
Trying to square this circle with Cooper being so important to our pass offense but not even being a top 15 receiver in this league. If Cooper's not top 15 then where does everyone else on this Cowboy team rank?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It just doesn't make sense to ask for more money just three years into a five year contract......

We can see how NFL teams are going to react by what's happening with the Cowboys.

Many teams won't be inclined to put up with it. It tends to put them in difficult situations.

Last edited:

jsb357

Reaction score
If I were Dak there is no way I could go into an NFL season making 900K a year knowing I have 30 million right there if I just sign that contract.

This game is too big of a risk.

Forest.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh so QB's (Mahommes was mentioned) are now the same as RB's in regards to contracts?
Either you dont get it or you do and you are pretending not to get it so you can disparage Zeke. Which is it?

If Zeke played a position where you became more value as you age and being paid big into your 30's was common then he wouldnt need to do what he is doing.

It's amazing how many people are either dumb or willfully ignorant around here.
More of your typical righteous indignation? What a surprise! You aren't half as smart as you think you are, but you are every bit the know-it-all. :rolleyes:

aikemirv

Reaction score
If I were Dak there is no way I could go into an NFL season making 900K a year knowing I have 30 million right there if I just sign that contract.

This game is too big of a risk.

Absolutely. He can never get that 30 million back and could risk the 90 million to follow.

I am not that risk tolerant! Screw my pride - I'm signing!

superonyx

Reaction score
More of your typical righteous indignation? What a surprise! You aren't half as smart as you think you are, but you are every bit the know-it-all. :rolleyes:
Oh boy I guess you must agree with me since you didn't bother challenging or providing a counter point to anything I said.
You tried to go personal which just shows the shots I landed on your sorry butt in the past left scars. Poor you.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Either you dont get it or you do and you are pretending not to get it so you can disparage Zeke. Which is it?

If Zeke played a position where you became more value as you age and being paid big into your 30's was common then he wouldnt need to do what he is doing.

The first guy doesn't get it. Zeke has leverage. Zeke only needs 6 games to accrue a season. Let's say he plans for 8 to give himself some injury margin. Half a season without Zeke is leverage.

And it's a credible threat because RBs only have so many *full* seasons in them. Zeke has more seasons young enough to be elite than he has seasons left of playing elite. Sitting out half a season where he doesn't make elite money is arguably legitimately in his interests. That's what makes his threat *credible*.

But Dak could credibly hold out on similar grounds. He's due a huge contract soon. Every game
playing for peanuts risks that windfall. I think they have to do something with Dak to let him lock in some chunk of money. His agent shouldn't let him play this year without that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Absolutely. He can never get that 30 million back and could risk the 90 million to follow.

I am not that risk tolerant! Screw my pride - I'm signing!

He's lucky to get that much. IT's too much for him.

It will help the team out some.

He doesn't have to risk losing 29 million extra a season. I can't even believe he's practicing and going into pre-season games.

If it were me this deal would be done.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I wonder what the correlation is between guys who thought Cooper wasn't worth the pick Dallas traded for him to the ones who think Dak is nothing without him.
Trying to square this circle with Cooper being so important to our pass offense but not even being a top 15 receiver in this league. If Cooper's not top 15 then where does everyone else on this Cowboy team rank?
Cooper - not worth the pick - I was in that camp - I was wrong
Cooper - make Dak look better than he is - I was right - gonna cost us a ton of money on Dak and could cost us the future.
Cooper - top 15 - absolutely - only one of the 3 I would sign to a deal at this point

Is that what you are asking?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oh boy I guess you must agree with me since you didn't bother challenging or providing a counter point to anything I said.
You tried to go personal which just shows the shots I landed on your sorry butt in the past left scars. Poor you.
Another bloviating imbecile in love with his own opinion. You've landed no shots on me in the past, internet tough guy. I don't even know why you would think that. Have we sparred before? :muttley: Do you want a piece of the champ? Get in line, chump.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
its pretty much what I said..pay zeke..he earned it..will earn it ..
And I actually have come around on Dak.....I "like" him. But I am very aware of his limitations. IF....IF the Cowboys decide to pay him the kind of money that pretty much cements he will be here the next 5 years.....I hope THEY are well aware of his limitations.

At the end of the day....Jason Garrett is the Dak Prescott of coaches....and Dak Prescott is the Jason Garrett of quarterbacks....they BOTH need a lot of talent to be successful. The irony is Jerry Jones seems to love them both....but he better figure out how he is going to keep this roster stocked with top tier talent (which is impossible to do in the salary cap era) for them to be successful.

I know people love to commend Jerry and how committed he is to winning....but he really is committed to his EGO. And I think he would love nothing more than to win with a 4th rd QB and a head coach that had no head coaching experience at any level prior to Jerry hiring him. It makes them both forever grateful to the chance Jerry gave them...and it makes Jerry look like some mad football scientist.

superonyx

Reaction score
Another bloviating imbecile in love with his own opinion. You've landed no shots on me in the past, internet tough guy. I don't even know why you would think that. Have we sparred before? :muttley: Do you want a piece of the champ? Get in line, chump.
I don’t know who you are but based on how sensitive you got and responded to me without addressing any points it’s obvious you took a beating at some point that left you sore and probably embarrassed.

Slow day at the nursing home you wrinkle.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Cooper - not worth the pick - I was in that camp - I was wrong
Cooper - make Dak look better than he is - I was right - gonna cost us a ton of money on Dak and could cost us the future.
Cooper - top 15 - absolutely - only one of the 3 I would sign to a deal at this point

Is that what you are asking?

I don't mean posters, I mean the sports media (journalists, analysts, etc.). I haven't seen any one in the media claim Cooper is a top 15 guy. Some people even say Zeke isn't a top 5 back. But Dak needs guys who they say aren't elite to be good. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

As far as posters are concerned: I have to admit I also didn't believe Cooper was worth the pick. Mainly because I was hoping we could use that pick to get a qb (I should also mention that I no longer follow college football that closely so I don't know anything about potential draft classes). I think Cooper has been amazing for us, but I don't follow enough teams to know if he's top 15 or not.

Why would you conclude Cooper is top 15? Did you think that before or after the trade? Because if it's after, isn't that a case for believing Dak made Cooper look good?

aikemirv

Reaction score
Why would you conclude Cooper is top 15? Did you think that before or after the trade? Because if it's after, isn't that a case for believing Dak made Cooper look good?

I have watched him play is why I conclude that. His route running is impeccable I had not before and his stats were way down and he was known for drops. Those things must have been more Raider team related than Cooper related.

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke is fine..

When the losses start piling up, Dak blows chunks, and Cowboys games are no longer prime time and moved to less valued slots, and less people start spending money Jerry will start losing more profits than having to extend Zeke on a contract they were already planning on extending a year down the road.