Video: Zeke’s Not Selling Fear

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don’t know who you are but based on how sensitive you got and responded to me without addressing any points it’s obvious you took a beating at some point that left you sore and probably embarrassed.

Slow day at the nursing home you wrinkle.
So I can't just make an observation and comment on it? You have to psychoanalyze my motives and assume there is some previous grudge involved? Nope. I just see a guy that thinks too highly of his own opinion. Get over yourself.

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke definitely has more leverage than Bell, as far as PERFORMANCE and impact on a team goes. Ben is still a HOF QB that can pick apart defenses and isn’t reliant on Bell for his own greatness.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That's what, sadly, happens with so many young, foolish players that can't see the forest for the trees. They get so wound up with themselves and their glory that they start thinking they're indispensable. Zeke's a perfect example of that type!

The Dallas FO is digging in for the long term at this stage of the game. They know what's at stake if they weaken and allow the players to run their business! I'm really hoping they'll dig a trench, jump in it and prepare themselves for a hard-fought battle.

The stakes are extremely high. If they're able to gain an image of sticking to their financial plan, there's a great deal to be gained in the long run!

Totally agree. Don't set a precedent that you're gonna cave to a whining player.

Zeke wants to hold out until he gets an extension? Alright, go right on ahead. See you next fall

superonyx

Reaction score
So I can't just make an observation and comment on it? You have to psychoanalyze my motives and assume there is some previous grudge involved? Nope. I just see a guy that thinks too highly of his own opinion. Get over yourself.
Your stalking me only increased my self esteem.
Thank you.

Praxit

Reaction score
...interesting vid. Valid subjective points. Entertaining too...

Eanwen

Reaction score
I have watched him play is why I conclude that. His route running is impeccable I had not before and his stats were way down and he was known for drops. Those things must have been more Raider team related than Cooper related.

Don't take this the wrong way but you admitted you didn't watch Cooper before; do you think you've watched the other receivers enough to conclude he is a top 15 receiver?

How can drop passes be a Raider thing? Does Dak throw a more catchable ball than Carr or is it the climate?
Did Carr not see Cooper when he was open?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Marcellus: "Behind the scenes Jerry and Stephen are laughing."

Publicly, they're trying to convince themselves that Tony Pollard can fill the void.

Let's see how this story ends. :popcorn:

Flamma

Reaction score
So if Zeke doesn’t play this year then his $3 million salary rolls over to next year like Marcellus says in the video? If so then Zeke is being very foolish with his holdout.

It's a risk he's willing to take. He's holding out hope that the Cowboys are in a win now mode and need him to do it. He's a pretty big piece on the chess board for this team. It would be like losing your queen and getting a knight in return. That's his leverage.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Hybrids" are a rare commodity. Very few individuals have that exceptionally special trait.

There will always be many more of the RBs who can't qualify and will take lesser wages.

These types of situations tend to go in cycles. In time, RB wages should return to normal.

If the media, and the lemmings ease up, yes.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
If I were Dak there is no way I could go into an NFL season making 900K a year knowing I have 30 million right there if I just sign that contract.

This game is too big of a risk.
how do you know what jerry offered him?? that has not been made public. has it??

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
how do you know what jerry offered him?? that has not been made public. has it??

It's been reported that Jerry and son offered $30 mil and it was turned down or at least, not accepted. They responded at $34 mil, so it's been said.

Usually, what happens before all is said and done, is that a compromise will be struck. At least, that's what I've observed so many times in the past.

Last edited:

aikemirv

Reaction score
Don't take this the wrong way but you admitted you didn't watch Cooper before; do you think you've watched the other receivers enough to conclude he is a top 15 receiver?

How can drop passes be a Raider thing? Does Dak throw a more catchable ball than Carr or is it the climate?
Did Carr not see Cooper when he was open?

I definitely see more of the other top receivers than I would the Raiders because their games are never on the East Coast. A lot of the top WR's are on the East Coast and I do see them a lot more. Drops are a mental thing for the most part I don't know his mental state when he was with the Raiders.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's been reported that Jerry and son offered $30 mil and it was turned down or at least, not accepted. They responded at $34 mil, so it's been said.

Usually, what happens before all is said and done, is that a compromise will be struck. At least, that's what I've observed so many times in the past.
Well that info is vague, and many times it is the guaranteed money that the player wants most.
120 mil contract with only 20 G is not very good, whereas 120 mil 80 G is much better.
Thats why It is really hard to judge these contract offers, demands, we just dont have any info.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He's been offered top 5 money and it's been made public.

I saw it said they offered "top 5 money" but I haven't seen any figures. It may or may not be true, just like the "Dak asks for $40 million" story.

The truth is, we don't really know what's happening. We only know what we've been told.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Good video...…………..look here fellas, the cold hard truth is that we need all three of our triplets to win.

This is especially true given who our head coach is, there is not going to be any scheme advantage here so we are talent dependent for our wins.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I were Dak there is no way I could go into an NFL season making 900K a year knowing I have 30 million right there if I just sign that contract.

This game is too big of a risk.
Teddy Bridgewater agrees with this post