2. Elliott--2001 (leading rusher)
  3. McCaffery--1965
  4. Gurley--1831
  5. Kamara--1592

All of the top 5 are in the NFC

Last edited:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I care about runs being taken to the house - there is a reason PFF had Zeke ranked so low. 6 TDs on 300+ carries is bad, only having a high of 40 yard run isn't great either.

This is why a speed back is needed - Zeke doesn't have that burst to break the outside or take it the distance much. Hopefully one of the RBs we brought in can do that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But I thought Zeke was done, people seem to want to look at a replacement after this year.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I care about runs being taken to the house - there is a reason PFF had Zeke ranked so low. 6 TDs on 300+ carries is bad, only having a high of 40 yard run isn't great either.

This is why a speed back is needed - Zeke doesn't have that burst to break the outside or take it the distance much. Hopefully one of the RBs we brought in can do that.
But you love, Zeke, right?

InTheZone

Reaction score

No

gmoney112

Reaction score
The NFC is so loaded w/ top end RBs

Total yards from scrimmage for NFL RBs:

1. Barkley--2028
  2. Elliott--2001 (leading rusher)
  3. McCaffery--1965
  4. Gurley--1831
  5. Kamara--1592

All of the top 5 are in the NFC

We now have Guice coming back in the East for Washington, and Sanders in Philly. Bryce Love going to WA too. He'll be a year though.

Also that's a pretty crazy Zeke stat. Even with Fred out and a pretty mediocre showing from LG.

Not bad for a fat ol fatty

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
No. No offense to Zeke, but he's just an RB. It is what it is. Blame the league for watering down defenses to the point the passing game became everything.
I get it, I guess. He’s just a RB that would have led the league in rushing his first 3 years in the NFL had Goodell and his idiot cronies not suspended him 6 games his sophomore season for erroneous charges.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I get it, I guess. He’s just a RB that would have led the league in rushing his first 3 years in the NFL had Goodell and his idiot cronies not suspended him 6 games his sophomore season for erroneous charges.

He leads due to volume. If Gurley and Barkley had the same amount of carries last year, they both would have topped him - Barkley did top Zeke in total yards.

The rushing titles are something he can bring up in contract talks, but within the bigger picture - it's really meaningless.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
He leads due to volume. If Gurley and Barkley had the same amount of carries last year, they both would have topped him - Barkley did top Zeke in total yards.

The rushing titles are something he can bring up in contract talks, but within the bigger picture - it's really meaningless.
Ehhh, not really. Not when Zeke was facing 8 and 9 men boxes faithfully and led the league in 15 yard runs consistently. Our O-line was never as good as the mediots stated. Hence Conner McGovern.

To dismiss Zeke and what he adds to our win totals and offense as a whole the last 3 years is fool hearted to say the least.

We are not the Saints or Chiefs offense. Our bread and butter starts with the run. Now that may change some with our new OC, but do not dismiss Zeke as run of the mill in this offense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Ehhh, not really. Not when Zeke was facing 8 and 9 men boxes faithfully and led the league in 15 yard runs consistently. Our O-line was never as good as the mediots stated. Hence Conner McGovern.

To dismiss Zeke and what he adds to our win totals and offense as a whole the last 3 years is fool hearted to say the least.

We are not the Saints or Chiefs offense. Our bread and butter starts with the run. Now that may change some with our new OC, but do not dismiss Zeke as run of the mill in this offense.
We would be a much different offense without Elliott. Plain and simple.