Zeke 20 carries for 47 yards

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The only thing that determined this game was the Rams rushing the ball down our throats....period.
  • Kept our offense off the field
  • Worked against any offensive rhythm
  • Kept their defense fresh and underexposed
  • Kept the ball out of Goff’s hands as he was often inaccurate and really did nothing special
  • Goff was playing 7-7, standing back there with no pressure at all, seldom hit, never sacked, all because our DL had to respect the run game too much
You can always say this guy or that guy could have played better, but there is no way you will win a game being destroyed the way our front seven was destroyed. That’s how we won games on occasion...eating clock, keeping offenses off the field. Rams OL and RBs totally kicked our butts, and their DL willingly gave up their desire to get sacks and all committed to stopping the run. I think Dak and his receivers would have won this game if our defense had done anything at all vs the run game. We didn’t have to shut it down like they did ours....just slow it down a little and make them pass more.

Last edited:

uvaballa

Reaction score
Ummm... going up against that dline with connor rookie Williams and looney. Yea. He is still arguably one of the best RBS in the game. Give Zeke the holes the rams oline provided and it's an entirely different story. Did you actually pay attention to anything other than the stat line? No offense
Blah blah blah if he’s needs huge holes why would that make him best? He’s behind Gurley like I’ve been saying and most of the players who vote agree. Nothing wrong with being top 2 or 3. Cowboy fans get butt hurt over everything

uvaballa

Reaction score
Zeke didn’ carry the offense last night like he normally does. We couldn’t sustain drives passing or running. The offense was shut down.
Well against the worst rush D in the league was pathetic. Gotta come up big especially once you start talking SB.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
We knew what was gonna happen and we had no game plan. The last 4th down, Elliot missed the hole. It was to the left. But easy for me to say.

Dak had plenty of chances to run with it and didn’t.
I thought Zeke played a piss poor game.

He looked like he was running in mud all day.

No cutbacks..

no changes in direction..

straight ahead only.

He helped nothing.

Just saying.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I thought Zeke played a piss poor game.

He looked like he was running in mud all day.

No cutbacks..

no changes in direction..

straight ahead only.

He helped nothing.

Just saying.
I kept saying that he was going down so easy. I saw one series that he ran hard. The whole team never showed up.

Was very disappointed in the effort.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Or change running backs.

Rod Smith had 44 carries for 127 yards- 2.9 average- this season. How would he have done better than Zeke?

People have to understand the reason the Cowboys lost this game was not Dak or Zeke. It was both the offensive and defensive lines getting taken to the woodshed and getting a full can of whup-a** from the Rams.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Rod Smith had 44 carries for 127 yards- 2.9 average- this season. How would he have done better than Zeke?

People have to understand the reason the Cowboys lost this game was not Dak or Zeke. It was both the offensive and defensive lines getting taken to the woodshed and getting a full can of whup-a** from the Rams.

I agree.

But sometimes it's simply about change of pace, or using a back the opposition didn't prepare for.

It also gives your running back time on the sidelines, so you can coach him up and scheme while giving him a rest.

I didn't say pull him for the entire game.

You see other teams doing this, plotting to move the ball, etc...The Cowboys just leave Zeke in and rarely take him off the field. So he's easier to scheme against, especially for the playoff-level teams, because those teams have the best coaches.

If Smith were to get the hot hand, it would make sense to go with him if you choose to.

Also, Smith's lack of stats is for one reason, really: he didn't get that many carries.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree.

But sometimes it's simply about change of pace, or using a back the opposition didn't prepare for.

It also gives your running back time on the sidelines, so you can coach him up and scheme while giving him a rest.

I didn't say pull him for the entire game.

You see other teams doing this, plotting to move the ball, etc...The Cowboys just leave Zeke in and rarely take him off the field. So he's easier to scheme against, especially for the playoff-level teams, because those teams have the best coaches.

If Smith were to get the hot hand, it would make sense to go with him if you choose to.

Also, Smith's lack of stats is for one reason, really: he didn't get that many carries.

I think it is literally a stubborn refusal to identify and attack the opponents weakness. The Rams have the best defensive player in the NFL smack in the middle of their defense and there is a guy named Suh right next to him whose not bad either when he wants to play. So, why run right at those guys in such predictable fashion when its clearly not working?

The 4th and 1 call with Zeke running into a 10 man front was just the epitome of stubborn, stupid play calling.