Zeke 5th In Pro Bowl Voting!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Gurley, Barkley, Gordon and Elliott are all having good seasons. One of them is not going to make it. Hate to say it but it might be Zeke. The only thing he is really leading in is rushing yards but he also has more attempts. Oh yeah, he also has more fumbles.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Gurley, Barkley, Gordon and Elliott are all having good seasons. One of them is not going to make it. Hate to say it but it might be Zeke. The only thing he is really leading in is rushing yards but he also has more attempts. Oh yeah, he also has more fumbles.
Zeke - most yards from scrimmage as well

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zeke - most yards from scrimmage as well

But if you look at his receiving numbers, there are six other RBs with more yards, including Barkley and Gordon and they both have better Y/R numbers. I mean, I get it and there is still a lot of football left but right now, I don't think Elliott has a better case then the other three.

JMO

InTheZone

Reaction score
But if you look at his receiving numbers, there are six other RBs with more yards, including Barkley and Gordon and they both have better Y/R numbers. I mean, I get it and there is still a lot of football left but right now, I don't think Elliott has a better case then the other three.

JMO

I think its hard for anyone to have the most rushing and receiving yards, although I'm sure it has been done several times. Barkley is the only one with a clear advantage at YPC, but also has 59 less touches. If you're going to bring up 6 the with more receiving yards then kamara has less rushing yards than 13 RBs.

And compared to Gurley, Barkely, and Kamara he has faced a higher percentage of 8+ in the box. For reference Zeke is at 26.12% while Gurley is staring at open lanes presnap at 8.2%

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
How in the world is the NFL's leading rusher 5th in Pro Bowl votes for a running back? The RBs I saw with more votes than him are:

-Todd Gurley
-Saquon Barkley
-James Conner
-Alvin Kamara

Gurley and Barkley yes............Kamara maybe.........Conner in the AFC.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think its hard for anyone to have the most rushing and receiving yards, although I'm sure its been done several times. Barkley is the only one with a clear advantage at YPC, but also has 59 less touches. If you're going to bring up 6 the with more receiving yards then kamara has less rushing yards than 13 RBs.

And compared to Gurley, Barkely, and Kamara he has faced a higher percentage of 8+ in the box. For reference Zeke is at 26.12% while Gurley is staring at open lanes presnap at 8.2%

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

It's not a matter of "Bringing Up" stuff. I don't know who has faced more 8 man fronts and unless you have stats, I don't think you can say that. I mean, it's reasonable to me but you can't make this case unless there is supporting evidence to substantiate and even then, fans aren't going to care, for the most part. They are going to vote off of face value and I think Zeke is in a bad position there.

The good news is that the Dallas Fan base is vast. The bad news is that there are even more fans who hate us so yeah....

InTheZone

Reaction score
It's not a matter of "Bringing Up" stuff. I don't know who has faced more 8 man fronts and unless you have stats, I don't think you can say that. I mean, it's reasonable to me but you can't make this case unless there is supporting evidence to substantiate and even then, fans aren't going to care, for the most part. They are going to vote off of face value and I think Zeke is in a bad position there.

The good news is that the Dallas Fan base is vast. The bad news is that there are even more fans who hate us so yeah....
Not sure what the "bringing up stuff" was about, I simply posted a link for reference just to argue in Zekes favor. I'm 100% aware none of that matters for the fans voting.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Not sure what the "bringing up stuff" was about, I simply posted a link for reference just to argue in Zekes favor. I'm 100% aware none of that matters for the fans voting.

You said this:

If you're going to bring up 6 the with more receiving yards then kamara has less rushing yards than 13 RBs.

That's why I posted that verbiage.

InTheZone

Reaction score
You said this:

That's why I posted that verbiage.
Ok. I still posted a link that you quoted just so you could see why I'm siding with zeke over those others, it shows some good things. And since you brought up RBs with more receiving I brought up RBs with more rushing than those he's competing against. And I'm not debating for the people that voted, just adding this info to bring awareness.

My opinion on Zeke in voting this year is formed on him leading the nfl in rushing, leading the league in yards from scrimmage, and facing a higher % of 8+ man boxes (can argue it's because teams respect zeke and don't respect Dak like the others being compared) coupled with the fact he has more carries so his overall efficiency should be lower than those others, but it's not, so Zeke should be the #1 guy this year. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
just because someone votes doesn't mean they're right. often it's just a popularity contest. los angeles and new York are large markets. people in nola are always drunk. zeke's the best.

I think some of our fans want it both ways. They claim all other fanbases (and refs and Goodell) hate us because we're "America's Team" and then whine when popularity contests like this reflect that all other fanbases hate us. Why not tout this as evidence for why CONSPIRACY! happens to us? LOL.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I think some of our fans want it both ways. They claim all other fanbases (and refs and Goodell) hate us because we're "America's Team" and then whine when popularity contests like this reflect that all other fanbases hate us. Why not tout this as evidence for why CONSPIRACY! happens to us? LOL.
You're arguing a point that only validates others "hating us" as you call it.. If Zeke is the rushing and scrimmage leader and isn't #1 on the vote list...it's a conspiracy (using your favorite words and ideas)

Goodell has nothing to do with this, just what you like to use as an argument.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm sure Zeke would be happy with a Super Bowl MVP rather than a Pro Bowl MVP.

I know I would.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok. I still posted a link that you quoted just so you could see why I'm siding with zeke over those others, it shows some good things. And since you brought up RBs with more receiving I brought up RBs with more rushing than those he's competing against. And I'm not debating for the people that voted, just adding this info to bring awareness.

My opinion on Zeke in voting this year is formed on him leading the nfl in rushing, leading the league in yards from scrimmage, and facing a higher % of 8+ man boxes (can argue it's because teams respect zeke and don't respect Dak like the others being compared) coupled with the fact he has more carries so his overall efficiency should be lower than those others, but it's not, so Zeke should be the #1 guy this year. Hopefully this clears up any confusion.

No I get it. I mean, we have the luxury of being able to discuss at length but with the fan voting, they are just going to cast a vote online and be done with it. They are going to look at surface numbers and not dig too deep into it, per say. This is a discussion about who gets in and in that situation, I feel like we are on the outside looking in, to some extent.

I do not believe Zeke is having the best year this season. I think you can make a strong case for any of the three others. Just going to depend on how many Cowboy Fans vote.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You're arguing a point that only validates others "hating us" as you call it.. If Zeke is the rushing and scrimmage leader and isn't #1 on the vote list...it's a conspiracy (using your favorite words and ideas)

Goodell has nothing to do with this, just what you like to use as an argument.

I keed, I keed. The real question I'd ask is, is this really that important? To me, it just isn't. If I want to howl about an injustice, this sure ain't it. Fans have the right to vote who they want whether it be by the stats, sentimental, or just flat out anti-Cowboys. We liked it when we had 10+ players going but now don't like it when the tide turns. Just not that important, IMO.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
How in the world is the NFL's leading rusher 5th in Pro Bowl votes for a running back? The RBs I saw with more votes than him are:

-Todd Gurley
-Saquon Barkley
-James Conner
-Alvin Kamara
Good! Its called motivation.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

-Todd Gurley
-Saquon Barkley
-James Conner
-Alvin Kamara
Could not care less..

In 2016..

we had the rookie of the year in DAK...

about 6-8 Pro Bowlers..

a Coach of the Year in Garrett..

Jerrah was nominated for the HoF as our owner..

and $4.50 gets you an overpriced Latte at Starbucks.

This crap means zip.

They get chump change for being it.

WINNING IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

You guys get too distracted by the peripheral stuff.

Take a tip from Garrett.

Focus on today.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
I just can wait for Zeke to run the ball, just so impressive. Game on right now on NFLN can't get enough of this Win! :star: