News: Zeke admits other RBs are playing better

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
At least he knows he can still improve to be with the other RB's that are playing better...

HungryLion

Reaction score
At least he is being honest about it.

I believe this is Cook’s third year in the league. It will be interesting to see if he is willing to play next year without a new deal. Especially given how he is playing this season.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Zeke may not have the most yards (yet?) and by his standards is having a down year. Having said that, he is avg 4.7 per rush and 5 of 8 games has exceed 100+ rushing yards. Cook has played 9 games so it is possible for Zeke to catch him. The downside of Zeke this year is he has had 3 really subpar games.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
thats what we pay him for. The players and owners should both get that contract and have language that states if you dont earn your new contract it can be revoked. this is embarrasing.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Those Next Gen stats are cool.

Is he slower before the line cause he's trying to wait and see for the hole, or does he lack the "elite" burst/acceleration or whatever you want to call it?
The first one.

Cook might actually have better burst, but in practice it's b/c Zeke is purposely slower to set up blocks and wait for a cut to open up.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I saw this article and kind of laughed.

Some of these new stats are so silly......

Speed at the line of scrimmage. I mean Leveon Bell would have been at like 2 mph when he was playing at Pittsburgh in his heyday! What does this have to do with playing RB in the NFL

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Another thread to discuss zekes money. Cook is finally healthy. Mcaffrey is the only guy who has been consistent throughout his career somewhat on Zekes level. Fournette is another guy finally healthy.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Can't think of anything more ridiculous than speed at LOS. I guess it'd be similar to measuring each quarterback's MPH on their throws and assuming the hardest thrower is the best. There's so much more to being a great running back than slamming through the hole at full speed that the stat essentially tells you nothing at all.

quickccc

Reaction score
Next Gen can have those miles per hour fantasy numbers ...even a scat back can have those MPH numbers

what i'm interested and anxious to see if Zeke gets back to the big chunk 20 yrd and occasional 40 to 60 yd TD bursts he was putting on display in his first two-three years in the NFL.
When teams were frighten on their toes about him popping the big one for a homerun TD.

it's only my guesswork (and paranoia) but I really do wonder if the coaching staff trying to change zeke's style and frame into more of a grind-pounder to sacrifice the breakaway burst he
used to have and displayed.
And I've heard a Garrett press conferences where reporters are starting to bring that up (zeke's splash plays) to Garrett for responding answers.