News: Zeke admits other RBs are playing better

CWR

Reaction score
Having a guy who consistently moves hte chains is important.

But I truly believe that any RB behind our line would be able to do this.

If you must pay a RB he should be able to keep you ahead of the chains at a minimum but what you're paying for is splash plays. And well i'm not sure Zeke can do that anymore.

There have been series and even games this season where are oline looked dominant and Zeke simply took what was given. In these games Id like to see a lot more Pollard. I think hes a bigger threat to take it to the house at this point. In those cases I agree with your take.

BUT there have also been a plethora of times this season Ive been greatful to have Zeke because hes taken 1 yard and no gain and turned it into 3 or 4 yards.

Even with our oline being as good as it is, I still see Zeke pulling really hard, physical yards I cant imagine many other backs getting. DMC and Alf showed me what average backs could do behind this oline. While they played well, it was about 70% of what Zeke could do imo.

That said I think your take has a lot of merit. I admit I could be wrong as well, but I still think Zeke earns his money.

simplycowboys210

Reaction score
There have been series and even games this season where are oline looked dominant and Zeke simply took what was given. In these games Id like to see a lot more Pollard. I think hes a bigger threat to take it to the house at this point. In those cases I agree with your take.

BUT there have also been a plethora of times this season Ive been greatful to have Zeke because hes taken 1 yard and no gain and turned it into 3 or 4 yards.

Even with our oline being as good as it is, I still see Zeke pulling really hard, physical yards I cant imagine many other backs getting. DMC and Alf showed me what average backs could do behind this oline. While they played well, it was about 70% of what Zeke could do imo.

That said I think your take has a lot of merit. I admit I could be wrong as well, but I still think Zeke earns his money.
I definitely respect your honesty, and even though we disagree on preference, I’m glad you didn’t troll that he wasn’t a good back. Definitely think pollard should get more snaps, not entire series without Zeke but more snaps indeed. And I agree, Zeke earns his money.

Reactions: CWR

kumizi

Reaction score
Well, you fell for it didn't you........
Well...this is embarrassing for you. Clueless as usual. Would love to see you explain to Dalvin Cook how being explosive is bad.

Last edited:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I betcha Dalvin Cook can't stay healthy running between the O-tackles. His "explosiveness" wouldn't help him there. The guy is a scatback who is meant to be run around the edge and in space. Even Tony Pollard is more durable running between the O-tackles. I'll take the duo of Zeke and Pollard over Dalvin Cook any day.

Sorry, what was that?

kumizi

Reaction score
but but but Zeke lead the league in running in the past. no way someone else can be better than him.

kumizi

Reaction score
Zeke’s a good back, but he’s certainly not the league’s best back.

He’s morphed into a durable power back. For that, I’m not paying a guy a premium contract.
Yeah, he's still good.

But you cannot have two functioning eyes and watch Kamara, Cook, McCafferey play and say Zeke isn't lacking explosiveness compared to those guys. You either come across as a homer or just stupid.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I said it when it happened, this was the worst signing in Cowboys history. He doesnt care about football and the physical gifts of speed are gone. He is never in shape, always partying, He has been the 2nd or 3rd best RB on the field in all but maybe 2 games.

This was worse than Joey Galloway or R WIlliams WR. Zeke's decline and lack of explosiveness is known in house.

Worthless to pay $15MM for a FB who can block a blitz

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Zeke’s longest regular season run in 724 carries dating back to 2017 is 41 yards; second longest is 30, and third longest is 27.

That’s the “league’s best RB” as some around here proclaim.

SMH.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Zeke should cough up some of those 100 millions and give it to Dak and Cooper.