Zeke better take a pay cut to extend his cowboys time

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then they better find another back to protect QB1 like he does. I know his yards per carry are down, but no back protects his QB as often or well as Zeke

Rarely ever heard about how important it is to block for a RB until Zeke had problems running the ball. Its a great thing for a back to have, but it doenst come close to trumping actually running and catching the football.

conner01

Reaction score
Agreed. Its because they are pumping them out now. KC and Tenn were brilliant. Have em for 4 years then trade for a first and draft another one.

Too bad Jerry wont catch on fast enough.
The key to being able to make it work requires you to not go into drafts with a bunch of needs
Then you can be open to taking one early and maybe another later

conner01

Reaction score
Then they better find another back to protect QB1 like he does. I know his yards per carry are down, but no back protects his QB as often or well as Zeke
He played well last year till he got banged up
But the way we used him early and his contract was all designed to move on next year
He is still effective when healthy but if you build a really good oline then lots of backs can be effective
Today it’s cheaper to build an oline that a group of WR’s lol

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Im sorry what did he do? The run game was abandoned because Zeke just sucked at his job and averaged like 3 ypc the 2nd half of the year.

If he had a bum knee he should have sat down.

He wouldn't have sat down BECAUSE HE"S A RUFF RYDER. Picking up blitzes, still running hard, nah real mofo's dont do that!

And the running game was not abandoned because Zeke could get it done we still had Tony Pollard. It was abandoned due to hubris.

We thought we could out pass everyone do to our #1 ranking, our run game had all of the imagination and originality of an old Laurel and Hardy rerun.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What does Zeke do when he leads the league in rushing yards and rushing TD's this season?
Let's make an account bet.

I'll delete my account if Zeke leads the league in TDs and yards and you delete yours if he don't.

Put up or shut up. Let's see how much you really believe the stuff you post.

Deal?

Last edited:

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Prescott has been assertive regarding situations away from practice/games, e.g. contacting prospect WR Jalen Tolbert before the draft.
Will Dak go to bat against Jones & Jones for his draft day colleague, backfield teammate, and friend for 6 years.... going on 7 now?
Perhaps No.4 gets with No. 21 when 2022 season ends and advises him to "redo" his contract to remain with the team.
Zeke can be cutis Martin as he ages. He can get a few more 1000 yard seasons at 29, 30, and 31.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Im sorry what did he do? The run game was abandoned because Zeke just sucked at his job and averaged like 3 ypc the 2nd half of the year.

If he had a bum knee he should have sat down.
He had an injured knee. And Conner Williams at guard.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
His pay should be cut to $0, with a guaranteed signing bonus twice that amount.

DanA

Reaction score
What does Zeke do when he leads the league in rushing yards and rushing TD's this season?

• He sells his time machine to become the richest person on earth.
  • Gets off Madden and goes to training
  • Thanks god that the entire week 1 opponents defensive line was out with COVID

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He wouldn't have sat down BECAUSE HE"S A RUFF RYDER. Picking up blitzes, still running hard, nah real mofo's dont do that!

And the running game was not abandoned because Zeke could get it done we still had Tony Pollard. It was abandoned due to hubris.

We thought we could out pass everyone do to our #1 ranking, our run game had all of the imagination and originality of an old Laurel and Hardy rerun.

I think its more then that. I think he didnt want Pollard to outshine him which he certainly would have done. And then we all saw how badly he had to reach 1000 yards at the detriment to the team.

The run was not abandoned, the run game just sucked and we were falling behind. When you average 3 ypc and your passing game is the best in the NFL, you want to keep running down 10?

The run game doesnt lack originality, Zeke is just limited. All he does or can do is dive up the middle. Its been like that for years with him now. Teams know this.

I do blame Moore for not benching Zeke and properly using Pollard.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He had an injured knee. And Conner Williams at guard.

The line definitely went in the toilet. No question. But Pollard still averaged a yard more during that time. Do you really want to pay a RB 15 million that has to have a top 5 line to do anything?