News: Zeke better watch out for Landon Collins

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
This quote from article by Kevin Patra (NFL beatwriter) this morning should scare Saquon Barkley even more.....
" Now the 25-year-old has the chance to prove that decision wrong, first by stuffing Barkley in the hole repeatedly."

When I first read it I was like "how did this get by the editor?!" LOL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lins-glad-to-finally-tackle-giants-rb-barkley

First off why anyone pays much attention to articles by sportswriters especially in the off season is beyond me. Sportswriters write things and title them just to get people to click on them increasing the sportswriter's pay. Second I fail to see why an editor would not allow this article. Third from this article I fail to see how Elliott even got brought up.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
This quote from article by Kevin Patra (NFL beatwriter) this morning should scare Saquon Barkley even more.....
" Now the 25-year-old has the chance to prove that decision wrong, first by stuffing Barkley in the hole repeatedly."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lins-glad-to-finally-tackle-giants-rb-barkley
Zeke has played against the Collins 6 times. I'm pretty sure he ain't too worried.

DJordan23

Reaction score
You mean the same Landon Collins that played for the Giants? HaHaHa...all he's done was change uniforms and team. I highly doubt that Zeke will be worried about this guy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Boisterous offseason talk is entertaining at best but means nada.

The on-field action trumps the BS every time.

Just a silly fluff article. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
With the way the offensive line is coming together health wise and depth wise, I'd suggest the league better watch out for Zeke.

Found this at 4 am this morning. Never saw it. It was posted in 2017. I offer it here as just a reminder of who the hell Zeke is and what he can perform. Notice when he stands next to Emmitt how much bigger he is.

This is a growed up man. Growed up and haired over.

john

Reaction score
First off why anyone pays much attention to articles by sportswriters especially in the off season is beyond me. Sportswriters write things and title them just to get people to click on them increasing the sportswriter's pay. Second I fail to see why an editor would not allow this article. Third from this article I fail to see how Elliott even got brought up.
Well first , the article was brought to my attention by another Cowboy fan reading NFL.com this morning. When I read it I knew exactly what he was referencing.
But I will be glad to spell it out to you in detail. The editor did not pay any attention and the beat writer could've phrased it better. And since Zeke is in the same division, I'm sure Landon can't wait to pound HIM in the hole too.

aria

Reaction score
You mean the same Landon Collins that played for the Giants? HaHaHa...all he's done was change uniforms and team. I highly doubt that Zeke will be worried about this guy.
Exactly, how is this any different from when he was with the Giants. What a joke.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

3353la.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Collins is a guy who has never bested zeke yet wants to talk like he has...just crap for bad writers to come up with an article that contains a cowboy so someone will actually read their junk.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The article in the original post had nothing to do with Zeke. Landon Collins isn't talking about targeting Zeke because he's never before been allowed to go at him. Landon Collins had two games against Zeke. The next meeting will be nothing special. Zeke will probably jump over him on his way to the end zone.

The truth is Zeke may not be as prevalent on the field this coming season because of another suspension. The Cowboys have been preparing to give other RBs the ball more, so this strategy takes away from Zeke's total carries.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

LOL! this reminds me of a SNF game with Madden and Summeral where Madden kept saying BOOM, right in the A hole instead of A gap...you could hear Pat's discomfort! LOL

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think Zeke has to watch out for anyone. I think it's just a great situation they can complement each other.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well first , the article was brought to my attention by another Cowboy fan reading NFL.com this morning. When I read it I knew exactly what he was referencing.
But I will be glad to spell it out to you in detail. The editor did not pay any attention and the beat writer could've phrased it better. And since Zeke is in the same division, I'm sure Landon can't wait to pound HIM in the hole too.

In case you missed it Landon has had cracks at Elliot twice a year for FOUR years now. I don't care who tip you off about this article, unless you are the editor's boss or even a professional journalist, to say that you're surprised that the editor allowed this article is foolish at best. Lastly, again Elliott wasn't mentioned in the article and having Landon faced Elliott twice a year for 4 years is just you trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

risco

Reaction score

dallas72

Reaction score
Collins is sooooo good Giants didn't try to sign or trade him lol....