Zeke Dispels RB Myth Again

Kevinicus

Reaction score
99% of QB’s would have been ducking for cover on that play. Dak barely made it between 2 tacklers coming from both sides, then dove over a guy like Marcus Allen. That was a huge play in the game and Dak new it. There is no weakening in Dak. If you can’t admit that you are blind!!!
That's BS. Plenty of the running QBs (likely all) get the first down if the defense plays it the same. The non-runners aren't going to have QB draws called.

No weakening? What does that even mean?

blumayne38

Reaction score
And also it's pretty damning that Zeke only got 3.00 yards after contact per rush last night, which would have been 29th in the NFL. So your 2--6 extra yards comment is misinformed.

He has to play better for us to go deep in the playoffs. Consistently getting taken down on first contact by DBs and tripping over his own feet in the redzone just can't happen.

And evidence has shown runningbacks are replaceable, it's been proven over and over and over and over and iver and over and over thats why its such a big topic of conversation. I guess you are the one who evidence isnt important to
:laugh::lmao2:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
1)Zeke's ability to break an inside run outside and make the edge. That was an incredible run.

2)Zeke's ability to come up to the LOS w/ nothing there, and still get 2-6 yards. He did this all game and it was a monster reason why we won.

It's consistent dirty yards that make a ball control offense go. Makes short yardage first downs. Turns third and nines into manageable third and sixes.

If I were coaching a high school running back, I'd tell him to focus on winning the tackle instead of running away from defenders. Finish.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He has to play better for us to go deep in the playoffs. Consistently getting taken down on first contact by DBs and tripping over his own feet in the redzone just can't happen.

**** happens when you touch the ball a lot. "Just can't happen" is one of those absolute statements that tries to pretend anything but consistent flawless execution is an unacceptable systematic problem.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
**** happens when you touch the ball a lot. "Just can't happen" is one of those absolute statements that tries to pretend anything but consistent flawless execution is an unacceptable systematic problem.
With that many touches you'd think he makes more plays.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
The best thing for Zeke last night was that he withstood multiple attempts by the Seahawks to deliberately injure him. They were purposefully twisting and rolling his ankles in the first half.

Seattle = dirty as ****

kskboys

Reaction score
I'd argue that Gurley and Hunt are great running backs, as would anyone else. And they were replaced with guys off the streets.

Might not be as good if you replace Zeke with a good running back, but the drop off would surprise you with how minimal it would be. Less than downgrading from Dak. Less than downgrading from Cooper. Less than the dropoff from losing any of our all-pro Olinemen. Without Cooper and with Zeke our offense was awful. Without Zeke in week 17 our offense was much better than we had been on average.

Using 20 year old examples when discussing running backs, knowing just how much the game has changed, doesn't add any weight at all.
KC has had a major dropoff w/ Hunt gone.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
KC has had a major dropoff w/ Hunt gone.

Kansas City improved in rushing yards per game, rushing yards per carry, and rushing TDs per game after Hunt was released. But other than that, yeah they had a major drop off.

What in the hell?

kskboys

Reaction score
Kansas City improved in rushing yards per game, rushing yards per carry, and rushing TDs per game after Hunt was released. But other than that, yeah they had a major drop off.

What in the hell?
WATCH THE GAMES.

Seriously, dude, I like stats too, but they simply cannot be counted on to prove everything.

I mean, you're not even able to distinguish the difference EZ makes, it's hard to take anything you say seriously. Step back and examine.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
WATCH THE GAMES.

Seriously, dude, I like stats too, but they simply cannot be counted on to prove everything.

I mean, you're not even able to distinguish the difference EZ makes, it's hard to take anything you say seriously. Step back and examine.

YOU WERE WRONG WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SAY THAT? THEIR RUSHING GAME IMPROVED AFTER HUNT WAS RELEASED. YOU DIDNT WATCH ALL THE CHIEFS GAMES AFTER HUNT WAS RELEASED SO SPARE ME.

You know I hate inaccurate information. You trying to cherry picking something and claiming a "major dropoff" when their rushin attack and effeciency actually improved is just ridiculous. That's something I dont expect from you Ksk. What makes someone impossible o take seriously is when they make such inaccurate claims. So for now no one is taking you seriously.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Hopefully he'll flirt with Tony Dorsett's single-game playoff record of 160 yards, which also was against the Rams.

HungryLion

Reaction score
YOU WERE WRONG WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SAY THAT? THEIR RUSHING GAME IMPROVED AFTER HUNT WAS RELEASED. YOU DIDNT WATCH ALL THE CHIEFS GAMES AFTER HUNT WAS RELEASED SO SPARE ME.

You know I hate inaccurate information. You trying to cherry picking something and claiming a "major dropoff" when their rushin attack and effeciency actually improved is just ridiculous. That's something I dont expect from you Ksk. What makes someone impossible o take seriously is when they make such inaccurate claims. So for now no one is taking you seriously.

So if their rushing game improved, then obviously Hunt isnt that great.

What does that have to do with Zeke?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Two huge factors helped us win this game:

1)Zeke's ability to break an inside run outside and make the edge. That was an incredible run.

2)Zeke's ability to come up to the LOS w/ nothing there, and still get 2-6 yards. He did this all game and it was a monster reason why we won.

And no, absolutely no, not just any RB could have done this.
Doubt there’s anyone left that would say any RB could do what Zeke does.
Hes by far the best back we’ve had in 20 years

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So if their rushing game improved, then obviously Hunt isnt that great.

What does that have to do with Zeke?

The discussion was about replacement of RBs. Hunt was one that had to be replaced midseason.
Hunt is thought of as a very good running back and many metrics point to that. They end up having to plug in two different back ups, after the initial backup got injured too. Then their rushing numbers go up across the board, despite Ksk claiming a "major dropoff".

It just goes to show that situation is so much more important to RB success than actual talent. Much more so than any other position.

Proof

Reaction score
Two huge factors helped us win this game:

And no, absolutely no, not just any RB could have done this.

It's gotten to the point where I am completely shocked if he gets stuffed and blown away if he gets tackled for loss. It's incredible. Everyonce in a while I won't notice that Rod Smith has been subbed in, and when I see him bumbling and stumbling around I panic like WHATS WRONG WITH ZEKE??? NOOOOOOO... oh it's Rod Smith. Get him out of here!