Twitter: Zeke fined for violating helmet rule

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
just go back to leather helmets like Jerry wore in his championship run. That should fix the rule, except for the rockheads.

Pants

Reaction score
I guess the NFL needs a little extra cash for Christmas shopping? What a joke they are

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I know Zeke lowered his helmet, but so did the defender. Also, Zeke’s lowering of his head is not uncommon as to how Zeke approaches the line on short yardage runs. It just so happens that this one isolated run looks suspect. I think the league is just following up on a questionable call. I don’t think this was blatant.

This line is what grates me the most. Officiating has become more subjective than objective. That is why we are getting so many inconsistent calls in almost every game. The most irritating ones are the ones that happen at impromptu times like "make up calls" or missed calls.

I love football like many of you but this over-officiating ref ball has to stop.

Zeke will be fine (no pun intended). I would not surprised though if there was somehow a rule made against yet another Cowboy (Irvin, Roy Williams, Witten, Emmitt rules). I guess, Zeke should have fallen up instead of down. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Let's start a online Fund page.. I'll donate ..

Zeke will find a package in this locker with exactly this much cash, or one of the team vendors will give his agent a new endorsement contract that increases by this amount. Whatever you think of Jerry, he takes care of his players and will cover this somehow. At Jerry's level the amount of this fine is something he can find under a sofa cushion.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Its a natural reaction to lower you head in that situation, stupid rule..get rid of it nfl

They have to have a rule like this because of their legal liability in the concussion lawsuits. But on that play, both players lead with their helmets and the other Eagles defender was pushing Zeke into the play. IMO it should have been offsetting penalties if you have the rule on the books.

Cydios

Reaction score
One thing with a RB and or receiver. They can't really defend themselves. IMHO as long as it's not grasping the facemask, I'm ok with then doing what they need to. Think about this way, what if he lifted his head, takes a whiplash backwards? Now we're talking neck injuries. Same goes for the qb, I mean we're 2 years away from putting flags on the QB.

eastsideboy

Reaction score
Maybe they can suspend him another 6 games :facepalm: thats what they want. First time called in 13 weeks yeah right

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
appealing it LOL
By appealing, the NFL will have to spend $100,000 grand on attorneys fees. Zeke should hire a $50 an hour traffic ticket lawyer to file and represent the appeal.

On the other hand, Goodell might make Zeke pay the NFL's attorney's fees. I ***** hate Goodell.