Video: Zeke holding out? "Trade him" says Cowherd

superonyx

Reaction score
Truth is, I am not opposed to giving Zeke a big deal but not a long deal. I only really changed my mind on this after I saw him make a series of questionable mistakes recently.

Be that as it may, think what you want but the truth is the truth. Zeke aint getting a Gurley deal this year and I doubt he ever gets one. Stephen did say more then you posted though.
Please post the rest of what he said that indicates he isnt given Zeke that type of deal.
I can post where he said what I posted.
I am interested in reading other quotes contradicting what I posted.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Please post the rest of what he said that indicates he isnt given Zeke that type of deal.
I can post where he said what I posted.
I am interested in reading other quotes contradicting what I posted.

I am looking for it. I can only find articles with parts of the interview and not the entire interview, as it was released back during the time around the draft. I mean, I'm not lying to you. There was more to it then that originally. If I can find it, I will post it.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Too bad the NFL hasn’t hit the new NBA wave of superstar contracts -> the 2 year deal.

I put Zeke on Adrian Peterson’s level. He’s just an elite GameChanger. But as others have said, he’s probably an act away from a Roger Goodell delivered 1 year suspension. Not sure what I’d do here.....

superonyx

Reaction score
I am looking for it. I can only find articles with parts of the interview and not the entire interview, as it was released back during the time around the draft. I mean, I'm not lying to you. There was more to it then that originally. If I can find it, I will post it.
Here is what I can find. Every article I find reuses the same quotes.

"We've got it budgeted that we're going to pay Zeke a significant contract at some point," Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said at the NFL scouting combine. "He's right there at the top [at RB], if not the best. We certainly saw what [Todd] Gurley got paid, and we know that's probably where it starts and we'll go from there."

If you can find anything contradicting this please post.

When your owner says Gurleys contract is "where it starts" that clearly tells you he is getting Gurley money plus some.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Here is what I can find. Every article I find reuses the same quotes.

"We've got it budgeted that we're going to pay Zeke a significant contract at some point," Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said at the NFL scouting combine. "He's right there at the top [at RB], if not the best. We certainly saw what [Todd] Gurley got paid, and we know that's probably where it starts and we'll go from there."

If you can find anything contradicting this please post.

When your owner says Gurleys contract is "where it starts" that clearly tells you he is getting Gurley money plus some.

Later in that interview, he says that it probably won't be like Gurley's but in the ball park, if I recall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you trade him for a 1st then you may as well trade Dak and Amari because the playoffs won't be in the Cowboys near future. May as well start the offensive rebuild.

It’s a running back.. lol... It’s really not that serious and if the coach and QB can’t coach and play at a high level without Zeke then they don’t belong on the team either.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
so if you are Zeke, and you read this rumor or see it on a sports show(which there is no doubt, he has) and it is 100% false. You would have immediately made a statement saying that this is not true, he will be at camp and he is not holding out.

Have you seen such a statement? People arent out just making this stuff up. In the last few years we hear this person is gettign fired over and over in teh media... a certain person comes out and says that is fales. Mr. Pre...... is very hapy with said person. Three months later, the person is fired or resigns. Wake up... Zeeke absolutely is saying this.

I disagree......let's put this way, we'll know for sure within the next 10 days.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Pay him AFTER his contract is up. Teach these young men to honor their word and commitments. Allowing these delusional kids to break agreements further stunts their maturity.
Or it's a smart business decision set up by his agent.

Gaede

Reaction score
Without Zeke, we don't have an offense. Or a chance. He is without a doubt one of the elite players in the game. You do not trade those players if you're lucky enough to have found one

Altestic

Reaction score
If you trade him for a 1st then you may as well trade Dak and Amari because the playoffs won't be in the Cowboys near future. May as well start the offensive rebuild.
Keep Cooper, Gallup, and the OL is still plenty young enough. Yes we need a new QB that is obvious.

Altestic

Reaction score
Maybe but elite RBs are not needed for championship teams.
Notice how the team that run their elite RB into the ground last year lost in the super bowl to the team that does RBBC year after year after year

And much of that was because their elite RB got injured

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It’s a running back.. lol... It’s really not that serious and if the coach and QB can’t coach and play at a high level without Zeke then they don’t belong on the team either.

Argue all you want, but there are a number of games you lose last year if you replace him with another "running back". I don't even think that's debatable. I just don't get how you think the Cowboys are a legit playoff team with Zeke not on the roster.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL....…..Did you just make that up in you head? It was Dak and Amari along with the defense that went on that second half run last year.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Maybe but elite RBs are not needed for championship teams.

Yeah but championship teams have QB's that elevate the play of all those around them. We don't have that. Like I said you either need Zeke or a complete rebuild.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Argue all you want, but there are a number of games you lose last year if you replace him with another "running back". I don't even think that's debatable. I just don't get how you think the Cowboys are a legit playoff team with Zeke not on the roster.

Pretty simple really. This years team has better talent offensively, better scheme and OC going forward, and we would have to assume that Zeke would have been replaced with a back of quality. Either in the draft or FA.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
LOL....…..Did you just make that up in you head? It was Dak and Amari along with the defense that went on that second half run last year.

How many unbiased knowledgeable football people out there think the Cowboys are a playoff team, much less a SB caliber team, without Zeke.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah but championship teams have QB's that elevate the play of all those around them. We don't have that. Like I said you either need Zeke or a complete rebuild.

Ah, so your agenda shows up. This is another Dak sucks agenda. Yawn...………...

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Pretty simple really. This years team has better talent offensively, better scheme and OC going forward, and we would have to assume that Zeke would have been replaced with a back of quality. Either in the draft or FA.

So you form your opinion on whether or not Kellen Moore is going to transform the offense? I'm not sure there is much discussion to be had between us because that's just wishful thinking.