Zeke - I Haven't Worn Down Yet

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I can readily see why the FO prefers to afford Zeke relief whenever it's needed.

In time, he'll get a generous contract. They will want to protect their investment.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I watch all the games, every snap of every game. These supposed unnecessary shots Zeke is taking in my humble opinion is unwarranted and half-assed reporting by fans.

Sure, I’ve seen Zeke lower his helmet and shoulder to absorb impact, have even seen Zeke dish out punishment to would-be tacklers, but it’s not as bad as some in here claim it is. The dude is a transcendent RB and knows what works and doesn’t work. Lol

Just stop!
He isn't like Barber was, but he does take unnecessary shots, e.g., the one he was penalized for last season. He could have and should have gone O.B., but he chose to lower his head and plow the defender, even though there was almost no chance of gaining yardage.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
He isn't like Barber was, but he does take unnecessary shots, e.g., the one he was penalized for last season. He could have and should have gone O.B., but he chose to lower his head and plow the defender, even though there was almost no chance of gaining yardage.
It's his instant evaluation in the heat of the moment.
We've all watched him jump over guys.
We've all seen him hit the spin on a hit.

He judges the moment and, right, or wrong, he does what he does.

I, personally, think he's the tits.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's his instant evaluation in the heat of the moment.
We've all watched him jump over guys.
We've all seen him hit the spin on a hit.

He judges the moment and, right, or wrong, he does what he does.

I, personally, think he's the tits.
I love the guy, even when he takes or gives unnecessary hits. I'm just saying it'll shorten his career.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I love the guy, even when he takes or gives unnecessary hits. I'm just saying it'll shorten his career.
I get that, but that's what makes him Him.
I'm willing to bet, barring something weird, he is in this league for a hot minute and breaking records.

Reactions: BAT

mattjames2010

Reaction score
"Run into the ground" wasn't a literal statement. For someone who puffs their chest on the forum mocking intelligence, you would think you'd be able wrap your head around that.

I asked you for the amount of carries that you believe would mean "running into the ground" - is any amount acceptable to you?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Zeke is as durable as a steel wrecking ball.
He ain't wearing down anytime soon.

Let’s not forget he had a 6 game suspension, and he’s only 23. Zeke’s got at least one more full length contract in him before he slows down.

Reactions: BAT

lkelly

Reaction score
I thought this thread was about Zeke’s reluctance to wear a goose feather stuffed jacket in the Texas heat.

Maybe we can move on to that?

InTheZone

Reaction score
to be fair he had two guys on him and he could've easily been low-shotted by the 2nd defender had he not did what he did.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I asked you for the amount of carries that you believe would mean "running into the ground" - is any amount acceptable to you?
Lets review.
My original post: "If you draft a RB with the 4th overall pick and he's productive, run him until the wheels fall off."
Sarcastic exaggeration, but the point is pretty much the same. This shouldn't need to be explained, but here: I would run him full time as we have. If he needs a break, by all means. But I'm not limiting his snaps to reserve him. Get it? You good now?

I never mentioned a specific number of carries. YOU DID. More than once. That wasn't my point. Lets move on, shall we?

Next!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If you draft a RB with the 4th overall pick and he's productive, run him until the wheels fall off.
As long as you’re in the playoff hunt and games are meaningful, AMEN Brother!
Once you are out of the playoff race or in a game that’s out of control in the second half either way, that’s when you take him out or limit his touches in an extreme fashion. He may not like it in a rushing champion race, but it’s the correct TEAM move.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As long as you’re in the playoff hunt and games are meaningful, AMEN Brother!
Once you are out of the playoff race or in a game that’s out of control in the second half either way, that’s when you take him out or limit his touches in an extreme fashion. He may not like it in a rushing champion race, but it’s the correct TEAM move.
I agree, I think resting a guy when the game is meaningless is smart.