Zeke is 4th in rushing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These guys back and support each other and it is not just RB, if I did not know better I would say they are actually playing like a team.

I saw a question posed to Amari Cooper that was looking to start controversy. Credit to Coop, he wouldn’t take the bait and said he’s good with his touches as long as they’re winning. TEAM.

btcutter

Reaction score
And #1 in paychecks cashed. lol

I just think Pollard would be doing just as well if not better if they gave him the opportunity. Our OL has been opening up some large holes the past 2 weeks.

Pollard has more burst but he simply doesn't have the vision of an elite back when running between tackles nor the power to move the pile. Zeke often gets 2-4 more yards after you think he's been stopped. Zeke will grind a D into submission.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard has more burst but he simply doesn't have the vision of an elite back when running between tackles nor the power to move the pile. Zeke often gets 2-4 more yards after you think he's been stopped. Zeke will grind a D into submission.

The fact is that Zeke has only recently begun looking like the RB he was before the holdout. I think Pollard getting all those carries week 2 in the win over SD lit a fire under him. For the first time in his career, somebody on the roster was threatening his job and he has responded to the challenge.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The fact is that Zeke has only recently begun looking like the RB he was before the holdout. I think Pollard getting all those carries week 2 in the win over SD lit a fire under him. For the first time in his career, somebody on the roster was threatening his job and he has responded to the challenge.
Pollard was never taking Zeke's job. You need to stop with the nonsense. Zeke was told to gain weight in the Garrett era because he was needed for 300 plus carries a season. Once Mike took over, and Kellen implemented his offense, Zeke was asked to change. He did. The fact you think he thought Tony Pollard was gonna steal his job is laughable. Jerry would never let that happen. Its a similar situation to Tyrone Crawford. He was asked to change positions so many times he had to lose and gain weight like a prize fighter. Stop making up things you think are real and trying to pass them on as fact.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I just think Pollard would be doing just as well if not better if they gave him the opportunity. Our OL has been opening up some large holes the past 2 weeks.

You are certainly free to think that, just like some fans thought Troy Hambrick could replace Emmitt Smith. It's hard to know 100 percent until the No. 2 back gets that chance. Pollard has done better running up the middle than expected and maybe that would be good enough to keep defenses from cheating to stop his off-tackle/outside runs, where he makes bank.

Of course, considering that defenses know Elliott is going to run almost exclusively between the tackles and still can't stop him, maybe they couldn't stop Pollard, either. The OL definitely has been doing a stellar job, but I don't think we can discount the many times that Elliott drives for multiple yards after contact.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score

no, he is the 3rd highest paid back today, behind CMC/Kamara

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He would be. Pollard is incredible.

Zeke is just better at making the small play.

Although Pollard blew a dude up on Coopers TD.
Pollard is a 3 down back. He can do everything a back needs to play all downs. But he is a 3 down back in a pass heavy offense where he isnt gonna 270 times a year. Zeke is an every down back in any offense

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yep, you read it. Our Stud running back is 4th in the league in rushing.

Also, he has the best ypc out of everyone in the top-5 and is tied for 2nd in touchdowns.
People trash him because Pollard is doing so well. It's just weird. He had a bad year last year, but people find any reason to hate the man. He is night and day from 2020

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Should have called Amari for illegal movement before the snap in reality, if you are going to call illegal movement on SD that got called back for against us.

Everyone else was set I think he’s fine there.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People trash him because Pollard is doing so well. It's just weird. He had a bad year last year, but people find any reason to hate the man. He is night and day from 2020

Zeke earned his trashing. He’s just playing good again and in the best shape he’s been in.

Don’t act like he hasn’t earned the criticism. A 15 mill a year back can’t be as anti big play and pro fumble like he has been.

The fact he looks as good as he does has a lot to do with the OL but you gotta give him credit for obviously being in better shape than normal.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Should have called Amari for illegal movement before the snap in reality, if you are going to call illegal movement on SD that got called back for against us.

You do know that ONE person can be in motion at the snap.. The call against the Chargers was because they had TWO people moving at the snap of that play.. So shove that one back where you got it from.

khiladi

Reaction score
Everyone else was set I think he’s fine there.

Not really… Amari was in pre-snap motion. He needs to reset per the rules. It has zero to do with other players being set or not.

If an eligible receiver who is on the line moves to another position on the line (not forward), he must reset prior to the snap. If he does not reset, it is Illegal Motion.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not really… Amari was in pre-snap motion. He needs to reset per the rules. It has zero to do with other players being set or not.

Coop was never on the line.. Thus this does not apply to him. He moved from left slot to right slot..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Teams snap the ball with a guy in full sprint sometimes though.

You just need 7 guys on the LOS and you can move all you want I think.

khiladi

Reaction score
Coop was never on the line.. Thus this does not apply to him. He moved from left slot to right slot..

Dude just stop. First you argued that the rule entails that one person can be in motion at the snap, that was completely wrong, now you are flip flopping trying to argue that this doesn’t apply to him because he moved from left slot to right, as if that isn’t pre-snap motion AT THE LINE. There is no rule that has exception for the line at the slot.

Stop embarrassing yourself, especially if your going to come with garbage like “shove it” when you are clearly wrong.

khiladi

Reaction score
Teams snap the ball with a guy in full sprint sometimes though.

You just need 7 guys on the LOS and you can move all you want I think.

You can’t at the line, you need to reset. Unless you are on the backfield, but even then, you can only move parallel or backwards. If you move forwards it’s illegal. The premise is clear in that it gives the offense another significant advantage in getting off the line quickly, making the DBs even at a more significant disadvantage.

I mean it’s possible the NFL let’s it slide, like certain holding, but it’s illegal. I was just saying it’s basically like the SD call from what I remember. If you want to be consistent…

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/illegal-motion/

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, he is the 3rd highest paid back today, behind CMC/Kamara

Depends on how you do your accounting. I used average annual value of the contract since everything else is matter of a teams accounting practices. Zeke is technically tied with Kamara for #1 since McCaffrey is out.

khiladi

Reaction score
People let these myths build around Zeke’s off-season because of his contract hold out and working out by himself. Also, the month he couldn’t train because of the bat virus. It’s nonsense..

He started off with fumbling issues his first season here. As the season gets going, he corrects it. That is nothing new to his career here.

He fumbled twice his first game played with the Cowboys that he got benched for Morris at one point. Ball security was his main issue to start his career as a pro.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016...s-twice-scores-in-27-23-win-vs-Football Team/