Zeke is 4th in rushing

khiladi

Reaction score
Derrick Henry = Earl Campbell....but not as good as Earl, but will be used up like Earl before his time. That is my comparison, used up like him, not as good as him. But is pretty dang good.

More like Bo Jackson. Henry’s breakaway speed and ability to lateral shift while still going forward is ridiculous. Earl Campbell basically thrived on contact and initiating it and he regrets it to this day. Zeke likes to initiate punishing contact.

Look at the cuts he makes, shaking the defenses out their cleats and then his breakaway speed at his size pulls away from the DB.

This guy already has 510 yards rushing and is in year 6 of his career. He’s past the 5 year RB deterioration mark like Zeke as well. This guys is on pace to be generational back.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
You are certainly free to think that, just like some fans thought Troy Hambrick could replace Emmitt Smith. It's hard to know 100 percent until the No. 2 back gets that chance. Pollard has done better running up the middle than expected and maybe that would be good enough to keep defenses from cheating to stop his off-tackle/outside runs, where he makes bank.

Of course, considering that defenses know Elliott is going to run almost exclusively between the tackles and still can't stop him, maybe they couldn't stop Pollard, either. The OL definitely has been doing a stellar job, but I don't think we can discount the many times that Elliott drives for multiple yards after contact.

It also help that Martin is blocking up the middle as well. It isn’t just a RB thing, the interior holes we are getting are there.

This offense is stacked period.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dude just stop. First you argued that the rule entails that one person can be in motion at the snap, now you are flip flopping.

You're the one that posted a rule that doesn't apply.. So go find a mirror and say "Just stop.." Loudly.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How’d it work out when we made Felix Jones our featured back?
Joseph Randle?

Obscene numbers as 2.....flaked out as 1.
I'm not say Pollard is a basket case like Randle.

But what we got going is plainly working very well. Why are we trying to change it just because "we" hate zeke?

phildadon86

Reaction score
People let these myths build around Zeke’s off-season because of his contract hold out and working out by himself. Also, the month he couldn’t train because of the bat virus. It’s nonsense..

He started off with fumbling issues his first season here. As the season gets going, he corrects it. That is nothing new to his career here.

He fumbled twice his first game played with the Cowboys that he got benched for Morris at one point. Ball security was his main issue to start his career as a pro.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016...s-twice-scores-in-27-23-win-vs-Football Team/
Zeke went thru college and high-school never fumbling the ball. Why do you continue making things up?

You constantly move the goal posts when it comes to Dak. Even as far as to say one of his best throws of the day shouldnt have happened because of a penalty against the team you supposedly cheer for. Go find a new team man. You are ridiculous.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Should have called Amari for illegal movement before the snap in reality, if you are going to call illegal movement on SD that got called back for against us.

Whoa, you're absolutely right. Didn't see that initially. I always appreciate people with an unbiased eye for the rules. Chalk that up as another 6 point gift from the refs. We scored 13 points based on ref missed calls. Can you imagine if this was the other way around and we lost? Whoa, Nelly!

Dude doesn't understand the rules.. One guy can be moving.. The Chargers had two.. case closed.

No, he's right. The only guy who can be moving at the snap is someone in the backfield. Cooper was not.

ARTICLE 8. ILLEGAL MOTION. When the ball is snapped, one player who is lined up in the backfield may be in motion, provided
that he is moving parallel to or away from the line of scrimmage. No player is permitted to be moving toward the line of scrimmage
when the ball is snapped. All other players must be stationary in their positions.

If an eligible receiver who is on the line moves to another position on the line (not forward), he must come to a complete stop prior
to the snap. If he does not come to a complete stop, it is Illegal Motion.

It is also Illegal Motion if a player under or behind center goes in motion and fails to come to a complete stop for at least one full
second prior to the snap.

Penalty: For a player illegally in motion at the snap: Loss of five yards.

So we got a 13-point bouquet from the refs yesterday. And you tried to inject conspiracy into Zeke's failed conversion on 3rd Down while up 33-14? Yeah, that don't fly.

conner01

Reaction score
Zeke went thru college and high-school never fumbling the ball. Why do you continue making things up?

You constantly move the goal posts when it comes to Dak. Even as far as to say one of his best throws of the day shouldnt have happened because of a penalty against the team you supposedly cheer for. Go find a new team man. You are ridiculous.
Zeke fumbled 5 times his rookie year on 354 touches
It’s not like that’s some outrageous number for that many touches

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Whoa, you're absolutely right. Didn't see that initially. I always appreciate people with an unbiased eye for the rules. Chalk that up as another 6 point gift from the refs. We scored 13 points based on ref missed calls. Can you imagine if this was the other way around and we lost? Whoa, Nelly!

No, he's right. The only guy who can be moving at the snap is someone in the backfield. Cooper was not.

ARTICLE 8. ILLEGAL MOTION. When the ball is snapped, one player who is lined up in the backfield may be in motion, provided
that he is moving parallel to or away from the line of scrimmage. No player is permitted to be moving toward the line of scrimmage
when the ball is snapped. All other players must be stationary in their positions.

If an eligible receiver who is on the line moves to another position on the line (not forward), he must come to a complete stop prior
to the snap. If he does not come to a complete stop, it is Illegal Motion.

It is also Illegal Motion if a player under or behind center goes in motion and fails to come to a complete stop for at least one full
second prior to the snap.

Penalty: For a player illegally in motion at the snap: Loss of five yards.

So we got a 13-point bouquet from the refs yesterday. And you tried to inject conspiracy into Zeke's failed conversion on 3rd Down while up 33-14? Yeah, that don't fly.

You are seeing what you want to see. Cooper is never on the line of scrimmage at any point in that play so the rule you are citing simply does not apply. He's a backfield player .. he never moves forward.. so he does not need to be set. You can proclaim all you want.. you will continue to be wrong..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You are seeing what you want to see. Cooper is never on the line of scrimmage at any point in that play so the rule you are citing simply does not apply. He's a backfield player .. he never moves forward.. so he does not need to be set. You can proclaim all you want.. you will continue to be wrong..

Okay, I went and looked at the play on full game video and it's true that Cooper starts behind where the other receivers are lined up (where a receiver might catch a bubble screen) and then motions near side so he wasn't on the line to start.

silvernblu

Reaction score
He is only 20 yds away from 2nd place
And Pollard is in 13 place and is only 10 yds away from being in the top 10

Buy Henry is running away with it . . . but His wheels are about to come off

Zeke + Pollard combined only have 7 more carries than Henry but have > 100 more yards.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I saw a question posed to Amari Cooper that was looking to start controversy. Credit to Coop, he wouldn’t take the bait and said he’s good with his touches as long as they’re winning. TEAM.

As I said before the season even started it is not about individual stats it is about winning. I need Cooper to keep his head in the game so when the opportunity comes his way he makes the play. At the end of the season 1,000 plus yards receiving I could careless what I want is did you make the plays when it came your and was the end result this team winning.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep, you read it. Our Stud running back is 4th in the league in rushing.

Also, he has the best ypc out of everyone in the top-5 and is tied for 2nd in touchdowns.

Lead my fantasy team to another victory yesterday. At this rate I see him getting 15 or more TD's in this offense. 15-20 isnt out of the question.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love Pollard but no he does not hammer the middle like Zeke does. I think having both guys make this a better team but if I was 3rd 1 or 4th and 1 to pick up the 1st I'm going with Zeke he picks up tough yards and yet still have the ability to pick big gainers.

Pollard hammers the middle no problem. Nothing wrong with Zeke being a bigger hammer.

That was Zeke's first 40 yard carry in how many years? Lets not act like Zeke is good at it.