Zeke is 4th in rushing

khiladi

Reaction score
In reality, if you look at Pollard’s numbers alongside Zeke in game scenarios, meaning full play by play, they are essentially doing the same thing in terms of yardage. If Zeke breaks a 15 yarder, Pollard will get a similar one.

I mean we literally have the best 1-2 punch rushing attack in football and it isn’t even close.

What’s unique is their styles are different, meaning they can attack from any angle. Pollard can go wide, while Zeke is clearly better in between tackles and putting this team in manageable situations.

lqmac1

Reaction score
And #1 in paychecks cashed. lol

I just think Pollard would be doing just as well if not better if they gave him the opportunity. Our OL has been opening up some large holes the past 2 weeks.
Yeah I remember when people said the same of Felix Jones when he was complementing Marion Barber. Didn’t work out too well when he became the focal point for defensive coordinators. Oh, Joseph Randle as well.

Reactions: BAT

lopey

Reaction score
Both backs are benefitting from the strong offensive line. We had 3rd stringers last year and it showed in the run game. We stay healthy on the line we will go far in the playoffs.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
In reality, if you look at Pollard’s numbers alongside Zeke in game scenarios, meaning full play by play, they are essentially doing the same thing in terms of yardage. If Zeke breaks a 15 yarder, Pollard will get a similar one.

I mean we literally have the best 1-2 punch rushing attack in football and it isn’t even close.

What’s unique is their styles are different, meaning they can attack from any angle. Pollard can go wide, while Zeke is clearly better in between tackles and putting this team in manageable situations.

I trust Zeke to earn some dirty yards a bit more and be an extra lineman in pass protection. I trust Pollard to hit a small hole a bit quicker and do something with a caught pass in space.

That isn't to say that neither can do the things the other can do, but I really appreciate them for what they both bring

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I also wonder if the either/or crowd understands how unlikely it is we get to game 17 without one of these guys missing some time.

Reactions: BAT

khiladi

Reaction score
I trust Zeke to earn some dirty yards a bit more and be an extra lineman in pass protection. I trust Pollard to hit a small hole a bit quicker and do something with a caught pass in space.

That isn't to say that neither can do the things the other can do, but I really appreciate them for what they both bring

No doubt…. I mean this isn’t a guy spelling the load for Zeke, so Zeke can get rest, he’s a legitimate threat in his own way and weapon in his own right. He’s proven it.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
We already have our own example of that in Troy Hambrick.

Very true, still my least favorite Cowboy of all-time. We have more examples Julius Jones and Felix Jones fans wanted more carries for because they had more splash plays than the other guy.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Very true, still my least favorite Cowboy of all-time. We have more examples Julius Jones and Felix Jones fans wanted more carries for because they had more splash plays than the other guy.

Right on......and it frustrated the hell out of me seeing Emmitt get disrespected like that. As for those other 2 you mentioned, let's not forget that we passed on better backs than them in the draft.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I didn't look at all seven pages yet, but Zeke's 47 yard run yesterday was his longest since a 55 yard touchdown against the Lions in week 16 of his rookie season.

He's had longer receptions since then, but still an interesting stat. Zeke just looks quicker and faster. I think part of that is motivation and the other part is he's no longer trying to play at a heavier weight. He's found the right mix of burst and power in his physical makeup and it's been awesome.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Right on......and it frustrated the hell out of me seeing Emmitt get disrespected like that. As for those other 2 you mentioned, let's not forget that we passed on better backs than them in the draft.

Very true. Felix Jones was drafted by Dallas ahead of Chris Johnson. Ouch.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Zeke is employing a nice hop step and totally changing direction and cutting against the grain.

He did this on his big runs yesterday. . . I am not used to seeing this

Two jump cuts on the 47 yarder... Absolutely a thing of beauty. Not sure the heavier version of Zeke makes that move. There is no question the nimbler Zeke is better ... I still don't like how much we run him out of shotgun but I don't think it's going to change so why whine about it..

NotForLong

Reaction score
Two jump cuts on the 47 yarder... Absolutely a thing of beauty. Not sure the heavier version of Zeke makes that move. There is no question the nimbler Zeke is better ... I still don't like how much we run him out of shotgun but I don't think it's going to change so why whine about it..
Thank you Josh Hicks . . .
:thumbup:

I dismissed this report too soon . . . who knew it was a sign of things to come.

Hands Down Josh Hicks is the unsung Hero this year

NotForLong

Reaction score

Yes sir
:hammer:
Pick your poison

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Thank you Josh Hicks . . .
:thumbup:

I dismissed this report too soon . . . who knew it was a sign of things to come.

Hands Down Josh Hicks is the unsung Hero this year

Remember people guffawing at these videos over the summer? Zeke changed his offseason regimen.. Good on him for realizing what he needed to do and doing it. A lot of people talk about getting better.. He went out and did it.