Zeke is 4th in rushing

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Thats what i've been saying in other threads. Pollard's emergence has renergized Zeke. He saw what Pollard did in SD getting 100+ yards and more carries than him....... and he woke up. He's running like he did his first 2 seasons now. But, they can't forget about Pollard. He needs reps and to share the pounding of a long NFL season.
I’d like to see both of them given enough opportunities that they could plausibly get 1000+ yards each.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Remember people guffawing at these videos over the summer? Zeke changed his offseason regimen.. Good on him for realizing what he needed to do and doing it. A lot of people talk about getting better.. He went out and did it.
True story

tico

Reaction score
I love Pollard but no he does not hammer the middle like Zeke does. I think having both guys make this a better team but if I was 3rd 1 or 4th and 1 to pick up the 1st I'm going with Zeke he picks up tough yards and yet still have the ability to pick big gainers.
Yup and the fact with 17 game season I see alot of RBs being banged up come playoff time. Zeke looks fresh and so does Pollard on those long bursts.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
"Zeke got paid and is just milking it" (4th in the NFL In rushing)

"Daks overrated and won't be that great coming off surgery + getting paid" (playing at a pro bowl level, in the MVP mix)

"Tyron won't ever start a full season, we should of traded him but Jerry keeps his friends too long, and backs never fully heal" (90.1 PFF grade, only 1 penalty in 4 games, on pace right now to make the all-pro team)
Sounds like the team was in the gutter

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I remember when people said the same of Felix Jones when he was complementing Marion Barber. Didn’t work out too well when he became the focal point for defensive coordinators. Oh, Joseph Randle as well.

Different players, different coaches, different team............. Based on what we saw against SD, there is no intelligent argument that can be made that he doesn't deserve more than he's getting. Congrats to Zeke for waking up.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Here's what Carolina's coach had to say about Elliott after the game:

On how big the inability to get to Dak Prescott was.

Honestly, I think the tale of the day is more just Zeke running the football. I think he had 10 carries for 49 yards at the half, so he was averaging 4.9 yards per carry, and then, in the second half, just some of these runs. I think they had a really well-put-together scheme. We certainly loaded the box. We hung the corners out a lot today. A lot of it was yards after contact. I don’t know that we tackled great today. I don’t know that we got off block screen today. I think this was a good learning experience for us. I think we got a little bit out of character at times. As I said, as bad as it was, there’s going to be some bad stretches. We still had a chance to win at the end, so we’ll try to learn from it.

On if there were common threads with their run defense. Were there specific things he was disappointed with?

Obviously disappointed with the results. I thought it was an excellent job by them. They ran duo, one block makes a guy miss. They ran a nice little counter play that they hurt us a couple of times. We had some wide zones away from it. We cut one guy down. Zeke’s one of the best, right? We have to get off blocks, make tackles. We weren’t able to get a lot of tackles for loss and then obviously hit with the big play. We played man, we played zone, we put on pressure. [It was] a day where we struggled to get off the field.

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
Sorry to be thinking ahead on this. Everything continuing to work the way it’s currently working for Zeke/Pollard is not just perfect for on field success but perfect for eventual money reasons.

Pollard continuing to show well but not being the featured back where he could possibly blow up means his contract coming up after 2022 season will not cost anywhere close to top RB rate. That also coincides with Zeke’s dead money dropping from 30 million to 11 million. Dallas can cut Zeke after 2022 season, sign Pollard to a contract similar to that of an Austin Ekeler, and draft a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round to take Zeke’s role of being the power back. Dallas in the end can get a relief on cap if they play it right and keep a young RB who won’t have a whole lot of mileage already.