Zeke is an average RB

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Data and statistics only work if used correctly, and that is rarely done. I bet your study and data only look at the offensive line, yards after contact and so on.

Explain how your study and data account for the defense playing to stop the run, and how that compares to the data on other teams where the defense doesn't play to stop the run.

Show the correlation of teams who play to run, who play to pass, who have a mix, to how the defenses play to stop the run, pass, and both, and how that relates to the production of the rb's.

Show how the skill of the qb and receivers relate to the production of the RB's, and how zeke correlates with other teams.

I am sure you have looked at all facets to determine your conclusion.

Or you can watch him run, and notice he always falls forward, breaks contact, turns nothing into something, doesn't get hurt, can run, catch, and block.

I didn't want to give zeke another contract. I would have put it elsewhere, but he is really good.

You can start here.

Goood luck on your journey.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/how-special-is-ezekiel.437481/

Einstein

Reaction score
WOW... Zeke sets the bar REALLY high for average then, as in led the league in rushing 2 of his 4 years bar setting type average... :facepalm:

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Do not forget the occasional "I am pining for Romo" threads.

This is truly the most intellectually painful time of the season around here.

Nothing is clear in free agency or the draft.

So simple minds wander to things like "Hey! Let's Sign Tom Brady!" or "Well, I think Case Keenum is a delightful option as a bridge QB".

Just stop it.

:hammer: We're in a rough stretch right now agreed. We're now reduced to just throwing ANYTHING against the wall. ...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
if you can run, catch, block, and play 4 downs, you are not average.
If you trip over your own ego. Take yourself out of the game. Score 11 touchdowns. Put the ball on the ground 11 times. Your average

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If you trip over your own ego. Take yourself out of the game. Score 11 touchdowns. Put the ball on the ground 11 times. Your average

Being able to pass, catch, and block makes you not average. That is why there is a separate term from all other backs, " Complete Back"

Zeke can do all 3 of those well.

Londonboy

Reaction score
so far on this board.

Dak is Average and he has the best RB
Zeke is average and he has a great QB
Smith is done, we need a new LT
Williams sucked, the OL was a mess should we consider drafting OL men
our TE sucked
DT is bad
Smith (LB) is awful
LVE is a bust
Jones was bad and gets no turnover
Lawrence was average and bad
our Safties suck.

did I miss anything?
I'm thinking of starting a "Zach Martin, gosh He's great" thread.
You in?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Pollard: "knock knock"

Elliott: "whose there"

Pollard: "Pollard"

Elliott: "Pollard Who?"

Pollard: "Tony. As in Pollard who beat fat Zeke & ranked No. 1 this past season in yards after contact per attempt (4.51) and elusive rating (116.1) among rushers with at least 20% of team's attempts. That Pollard". :lmao2:

I'm thinking of starting a "Zach Martin, gosh He's great fat" thread.
You in?
FIFY luv. :lmao:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Why are we paying an average RB to be the highest paid RB in the NFL? 8-8 proves that Zeke is average. Stats dont count, only wins.

How many teams have won SB's paying a QB to be the highest paid RB in the NFL? NONE

Oh boy, someone don't know what average means.

Even by your silly metric, we are 36-20 with Zeke in the lineup.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Zeke's problem is he has a little diva in him. A little entitled but, he about as average as a blue moon...

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRGx6oNYbGjXjDOLPnAx8knUnBAYaGiVkpPlftkGWdoHrRg84T8

garyo1954

Reaction score
Between the Dak sucks and Zeke is average threads, I really don't know what the hell we can do to ever win a game.

I guess we need to blow it all up.

Let's trade Zeke for Derrick Henry, ship Dak to whoever wants to pay, bring in Brady, let Amari walk and sign Dez! We're talking a Super Bowl for Jerry right now!

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Zeke's problem is he has a little diva in him. A little entitled but, he about as average as a blue moon...

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Being able to pass, catch, and block makes you not average. That is why there is a separate term from all other backs, " Complete Back"

Zeke can do all 3 of those well.
He also does a lot of other knucklehead things. So he’s complete on all accounts

Brax

Reaction score
Not sure what the big mystery is here. Garrett got fired because he sucked. He was the #1 reason this team went 8-8 and he got what he deserved. This roster was as stacked as its ever been. Although clearly not SB caliber as the defense was seriously lacking.
I think the #1 reason was not being able to beat winning teams, sorry that's on Dak and players. Don't win many games in the NFL with the big 9 point offensive production that Dak produced with it all on the line, most would call it choking.
tenor.gif