Zeke is easily the best player on this team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by goshan, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

23,235 Messages
    25,370 Likes Received
    DET doesn't think so.

2. Thomas82

Thomas82 Well-Known Member

2,898 Messages
    1,658 Likes Received
    Yeah, we certainly had some bad ones between the time Troy retired and Tony Romo took over.

Gangsta Spanksta likes this.
  3. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

5,173 Messages
    4,331 Likes Received
    I wish that i could say that, but there is an obvious one.

He's no longer a breakaway home run hitter. He's not quite 2016 version but he is still a fine all purpose back..
    But he no longer provides that Adrian Peterson like instant scary threat he shoots through a gap and takes it to the house.
    I don't see that 2016 instant acceleration.

- With the 2016 zeke, teams were terrified of him breaking the long one, ..they simply cannot let up for an instant. i don't even see the guy that
    easily high- hurdled over whiff tackling defenders. Its a different body frame and a different style.

- But many of us are bias and want to see and believe the best for Zeke, so we grant him the image of his best, most impressive season
    where we saw his full game display ... a home run game breaker that could crack the game open with a 60 yard TD run..
    or a quick screen on hsi way to pay dirt...

- This 2020 Zeke, we are seeing the " angry " runs, the powering, punishing leg-driver that can be difficult to corral when he gets a head steam,
    he can be seen flat trampling over a helpless safety in the end zone,..or dragging three ATL defenders on a power run.

- Frankly once we get to at least the five yard line, i tend to automatically count it as a TD, when he gets those touches that close to end zone.
    Zeke is just pure hell on a defense nea. the goal line, He has a terrific knack for finding soft spot in such tight quarters and he can be just overpowering.

- Maybe continuously overlooked and underappreciated is his critical pass-blocking and his amazing durability.

4. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

20,957 Messages
    19,012 Likes Received
    You can’t find a RB like Zeke outside the top 10. He’s a game changer. He dominates the defense. He demoralizes the defense. He’s worth every penny.

5. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

13,089 Messages
    19,355 Likes Received
    Have you seen Martin lately? Far from being anything close to best. Dak, on the other hand, has been lights out.

Clove, quickccc and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  6. America's Cowboy

13,089 Messages
    19,355 Likes Received
    Oh, stop that baloney. Today's version of Martin is not anywhere close to being near the top at his position, whereas Dak has been lights out.

7. Cebrin

Cebrin Well-Known Member

2,649 Messages
    2,557 Likes Received
    I stopped reading after you said he's not 2016 Zeke. Check that offensive line, and come back to me. (Not to mention rookies with pure talent are always a handful, because no one knows how to game plan against it.) This isn't 2016. It hasn't been since then. Smith 26, Leary 27, Fredrick 25, Martin 26, Free 32. 2 of those guys are still here.. Those 2 are around 30. 1 has been in the league almost 10 years, and can't stay on the field consistently anymore. 1 everyone complained about, and left. The rest (Minus Martin) got old, had health issues, and parted. Most replacements aside of that are injured, and or lacking.

He's been the most consistent player on this team since he's been drafted. Aside from the "I'm a young man with more money than I'm used to having, so now I'm going to party, and be stupid." he's been a pretty phenomenal player.

Thomas82 and quickccc like this.
  8. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

17,336 Messages
    17,712 Likes Received
    4.2 ypc need more than that for his so called pay.

Gameover and Aviano90 like this.
  9. quickccc

quickccc Well-Known Member

5,173 Messages
    4,331 Likes Received
    While you're bouncin' on the 2016 OL, ..i'm bouncing on the RB himself,. and if he himself is resembling the exact traits he himself was displaying
    in 2016. If he's a true explosive home run RB, his talent will make use of even an serviceable at best OL,

i still see McCaffrey, Nick Chubb, even Niners Raheem Mostert who recently ran off a 80 yd TD run ( and where did he emerge from?) making the big breakaway runs, ...McCaffrey has had a pedstrian OL in carolina but you see him constantly making breakaway runs over the past two years, .
    Barkley has always had a mediocre OL but we know what he can do if healthy and given the slightest crack Chubb was breaking runs before they recently added vet Conklin and 1st rounder Willis ...

10. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

20,957 Messages
    19,012 Likes Received
    I guess you don’t watch the games. That’s the only explanation for this ridiculous post.

11. Playmaker247

Playmaker247 Well-Known Member

986 Messages
    1,927 Likes Received
    Dak or Zack Martin are the best players on the team and it really isn’t close

Gameover and PJTHEDOORS like this.
  12. PJTHEDOORS

17,336 Messages
    17,712 Likes Received
    lol. 4.2 ypc thru 2 games. 2 td's, 2 fumbles. How is that ridiculous to mention that? No need to hate on me just because I posted facts. Chill. And I haven't missed watching a game since prob the 80's btw.

13. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

383 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    If zeke end up a top 10, top 5 back all time, in a running back by committee/ passing league, would you all still not like him because of his paycheck?

14. Ekspozed

383 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    You do know smith averaged 4.2 for his career

15. Ekspozed

383 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Martin hasnt been the best in 2 years and the line in general is overrated

16. Ekspozed

383 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Dak making double that

17. PJTHEDOORS

17,336 Messages
    17,712 Likes Received
    Zeke has brute strength/speed which Emmitt lacked too.

18. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,552 Messages
    60,073 Likes Received
    We’re not talking about future-Zeke though. But it’s an interesting question where I’d place an all time great RB in a league that’s devalued the position.

19. America's Cowboy

13,089 Messages
    19,355 Likes Received
    450 yards passing with 4 TDs compared to 80 yards rushing with 1 TD. That's why Dak is getting paid double.

20. Ekspozed

383 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Easy to say after that game, but he also has duds.

He'll be making triple Zeke per year starting next year.
    We'd blow the money on another lawrence or jaylon, so that 15 a year for consistenly the best back in the league isn't so bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.