Zeke is easily the best player on this team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by goshan, Sep 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

6,193 Messages
    2,552 Likes Received

I'm not sure who you think you're fooling. We get alerts when someone replies to our comments and I made both of those admissions before I got the notice of your reply where I replied to try catching up. Now if you're saying that somehow when I get alerts a minute after making a comment that for your comment they waited before notifying me that would be hard to believe.

2. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

13,087 Messages
    19,353 Likes Received
    Zeke has gotten paid since he was drafted 5 years ago. Dak barely got paid this year and for only this year. Why are you complaining? Dak is much more important since he runs the show on the field. All other QBs are paid. Why not Dak?

3. Ekspozed

Ekspozed Well-Known Member

381 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    Idc how much dak makes, pay him.

Idc how much Zeke makes, pay him.

Y'all sorry too much they make and try to discredit their play/value with contract talk.

Cowboy Lover and blueblood70 like this.
  4. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

13,087 Messages
    19,353 Likes Received
    I don't. Dak has proven his worth. He deserves to get paid, unlike other players already getting paid.

5. QuincyCarterEra

QuincyCarterEra Well-Known Member

10,788 Messages
    10,211 Likes Received
    There's plenty RBs that can do that lol. Also Zeke hasn't taken anyone for a ride in years.

Yall need to start watching other teams.

6. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

12,077 Messages
    17,289 Likes Received
    4.2 ypc is in the territory of the RBs Romo had in which it was popular to say “we had no running game”. The only difference is we keep feeding Zeke. And it is not even like people can claim Zeke is drawing all the attention. He has ran against a stacked box twice in the first 2 games.

If Zeke sat these first 2 weeks and Pollard performed the exact same way, Zeke fans would be blasting him for the performance the same way they blasted Morris for his performance in the 6 games Zeke had to sit during the 2017 season.

7. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

13,901 Messages
    14,821 Likes Received
    Pollard, in my opinion, has been a disappointment with how he was supposed to be this return game savior.

blueblood70 likes this.
  8. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

12,077 Messages
    17,289 Likes Received
    Agreed. Bad decisions to bring that ball out of the end zone. It risks injury, turnover, and penalties jist to start out with worse field position than taking a knee.

9. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

14,266 Messages
    10,165 Likes Received
    was watching that link from seatle game 2014 and Dunbar before his injury was pollard, watch that game, before pollard ie Pollards not as special as some are trying to make him..solid layer maybe needs to be used more but Coaches know who he is and hes not getting ton of snaps, so its enough for me to know hes good player but not great. Complement backs are dime a dozen IMHO

Streetwise likes this.
  10. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

1,377 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received
    The bum shoulder game was against the Giants.. The 237 against the Eagles was earlier in the season.

11. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

23,235 Messages
    25,370 Likes Received
    Are you kidding? Because he wouldn't take a fair contract.

12. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

29,067 Messages
    10,884 Likes Received
    First totally respect your overall board value here and your take.

I was against drafting Zeke at 4. Wildly against it. Thought Jaylon Ramsey was 100% the Cowboys choice.

But that's a bit different than saying RB have no value or replacement value is low. It's really not.
    Sure you can get a couple good seasons out of the average mid 2nd rounder.
    But in a guy like Zeke you are getting consistent performance for much longer.
    No waiting game on him to develop in an area like say Derrick Henry or Christian McCaffrey and no quick drop off like say Todd Gurley.
    He's been a workhorse, a great blocker, dependable in every facet of the game.

RB specifically has become labeled as "low value" while NFL team after team has laughed at that and set new marks for pay in the last 16 months.
    And those teams are built around those guys in many ways.
    Even in Dallas as we shift from run first to pass we still build around Zeke's pass blocking.
    On every throw of 20 plus yards it seems Zeke has his hat in a dude's chest.
    And outside Aaron Donald he has handled every guy.

It's like the NBA saying C is of low value but then the final four teams include two surprises and both those teams excellent Centers in Joker and Bam.

BALT has bucked NFL trends and become a running team. So has TENN. Those teams are constant playoff threats until someone can stop their running games.

8 teams currently average less than 100 yards rushing per game.
    There are no 2-0 teams with that distinction.
    0-2 teams NYG, PHI, CIN, ATL. NYJ, HOU
    1-1 WFT, NO

If DAL gets 85 yards rushing per game over 16 weeks and top notch blocking from Zeke they will go to the playoffs imho.

Techsass, Ekspozed, kskboys and 2 others like this.
  13. Cowboy Lover

Cowboy Lover Well-Known Member

3,257 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    10-4. The eagles game is the photo I have and what I was thinking of. Giants game epic too.

14. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

13,901 Messages
    14,821 Likes Received
    He got blown up as a very good returner. He dances too much instead of gaining yards forward. I just wouldn't draft players for that reason in this day & age. Just start at the 25 on kick offs. And I think Lamb is better on punts. I do like Pollard as a RB, but he's just not an every down RB.

15. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

23,235 Messages
    25,370 Likes Received
    Well said.

I still find it shocking how many people not only fell for this hoopla, but won't let the though go. Meanwhile, Belly keeps drafting RB's.

The value in a RB is the guy who can get something out of nothing. It's when the chips are down and there's nowhere to go, but the guy still gets 2-3 yards. That's the guy you want on your super bowl teams. That's why a guy like Blount, who did nothing else at a high level, keeps winning super bowls. Meanwhile, the flashy types(Barkley, anyone?) keep filling the highlight reels and making fans slobber.

16. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

9,616 Messages
    12,541 Likes Received
    As a point of reference, after two games in his rookie season, Elliott ran for 50 yards less than he has in 2020, and in a similar twist to his rookie season, he fumbled twice in his second game (just as he did against Washington in 2016).

Techsass likes this.
  17. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

1,377 Messages
    1,894 Likes Received

18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

49,763 Messages
    37,238 Likes Received
    Only 4 years in but its fun watching the names he's already passing on the all-time rushing list.
    Last week it was Reggie Bush and Jim Morris.
    He and Gurley were neck and neck, but's pulling away, as expected.
    Stay healthy and he should be way up there some day....but there's a very loooong ways to go.

Thomas82 likes this.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

29,067 Messages
    10,884 Likes Received
    They got 84.x ypg from Zeke:)

So basically just a tiny bit improvement which we have seen thus far would tilt things from 8-8 to 9-7 and in IMHO.
    With an injured Dak over 2-3 key weeks late last year I sure would have liked a 100% Zeke.

20. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,094 Messages
    19,852 Likes Received
    dak will be paid almost triple what zeke will be paid this season. he's catching up in a hurry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.