Zeke is easily the best player on this team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Actually that was my bad. The site I looked at I looked at the first games from the top of the list without looking at the dates and just assumed that the top of the list was week 1 when it really was week 17. Again my bad.
Cool to see someone on here admit to a mistake. Kudos brother, most don't do that.

superonyx

Reaction score
Why does he have to have the best offensive line? RBs around the league create things on their own. too. He even admitted he isn’t looking for the home run, he is looking to punish. How about evade defenders like he did on the TD reception instead of looking to hit them as hard as he can? Teams aren’t even stacking the box anymore.
Who said he has to have the best OL?
You added those words so you could say what you wanted to say. Kind of weird.

But if you want to say he needs to have 2016 performance with 2020 OL then thats on you to figure out where you are going wrong.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Actually this team struggles when they abandon the run.
ACTUALLY you made that up, and if you have followed the team at all over the last couple years it would be embarrassing to post something like this.

What kills the offense is the 1st down runs for 2 yards and less than our QB has to continually dig us out of.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Who said he has to have the best OL?
You added those words so you could say what you wanted to say. Kind of weird.

But if you want to say he needs to have 2016 performance with 2020 OL then thats on you to figure out where you are going wrong.
So are you trying to claim the only reason he had big plays is because the offensive line in 2016 was so good and since it isn’t as good after 2016 that explains why he isn’t the same player?

Other running backs around the league have been able to have big plays without an offensive line as good as Zeke had in 2016. Are they just better than Zeke?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So are you trying to claim the only reason he has big plays is because the offensive line on 2016 was so good and since it isn’t as good after 2016 that explains why he isn’t the same player?

Other running backs around the league have been able to have big plays without an offensive line as good as Zeke had in 2016. Are they just better than Zeke?

Yikes
@superonyx he got you. Checkmate

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would say it's close between him and Prescott but they are both overcoming the worst OL they've played on since they came in together. They have to do more on their own and with Elliott's style of play, that could mean a wear down during the season.

With the way the East is going this season, if I were the OC, I would put him on a pitch count and help manage that part of his game. He only has one way of playing and he's been criticized for tapping out but I commend him for that. He's the only one that knows his body and how full his tank is and that is his real value to the offense. He's the type back D's get tired of tackling, especially in the secondary. I want him fresh for the playoffs, where he could be the real difference maker.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If 4.2 yards per carry are hard yards, then every single RB gets hard yards.
He has 113 yards after contact. That is tied for 5th with Henry. He is averaging 2.6 yards after contact that is 6th in the league.

Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt are both averaging a whopping 4.4 yards after contact. Aaron Jones is averaging 4.0 yards after contact.

Tussinman

Reaction score
If he can keep the fumbles down and play the full 16 he'll likely end up back on the all-pro team (especially with barkley and mccaffrey both injured).

Martin overall is the best player on the team, has made all-pro team all 6 years of his career (along with 1st team all-decade) and with both Brooks and Yanda not playing this year he'll make it 7 straight years of all-pro team even with a slow start

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He has 113 yards after contact. That is tied for 5th with Henry. He is averaging 2.6 yards after contact that is 6th in the league.

Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt are both averaging a whopping 4.4 yards after contact. Aaron Jones is averaging 4.0 yards after contact.

Yep. So he is probably 3 games away to dropping to his last three years average of being 20th-30th in that category. As I'm sure the difference between 6th in YACA and 20th is like .2 yards per attempt, right?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yep. So he is probably 3 games away to dropping to his last three years average of being 20th-30th in that category. As I'm sure the difference between 6th in YACA and 20th is like .2 yards per attempt, right?
I am using Rotowire and they are using the top 10 rushers, and just using them Jacobs is at 2.4 YAC, Robinson is at 2.1 YAC, and Henry is at 2.0.

You have to pay to get the entire stats, so I am sure some backs may have higher YAC. Like Adrian Peterson doesn’t have enough rushing yards to get on this list So I would be shocked if he didn’t have a lot of YAC considering he is averaging 6.4 ypc on 21 attempts.

But Zeke is running hard and taking a lot of punishment. This style will probably wear his tread down faster.

Swagger

Reaction score
Zeke is definitely not the best back in the NFL. Zeke is definitely NOT with the money. Im convinced that many of you don't even watch any other teams play.

There were two better backs in the Monday night game this week.
Who has been a better back than Zeke since he entered the league?

Factored into the answer is durability which is even more impressive than for a QB given how much punishment a running back actually takes.

How has Derrick Henry looked so far this season after taking a lot of hits last season?

superonyx

Reaction score
So are you trying to claim the only reason he has big plays is because the offensive line on 2016 was so good and since it isn’t as good after 2016 that explains why he isn’t the same player?

Are they just better than Zeke? Who are you asking about specifically?
It sounds like you want to cherry pick an area you feel Zeke is the weakest in statistically and use this single category to either keep an argument going with an internet guy or you actually believe the best RB in the league is measured just by the guy with the longest runs. If we were discussing WR's would you find the guy with the highest average yards per catch and argue he was the best due to this 1 stat category?

I feel a little strange actually arguing with someone about just big plays. Not trying to be rude but it seems like an argument my 11 year old son has on the school bus with this friend Jackson. Jackson is that you?

Status
Not open for further replies.