Twitter: Zeke on his way home

EST_1986

Reaction score
That’s what the ‘haters’ would be doing if they didn’t celebrate any success Zeke has this year, no?

Not sure if you and I are in violent agreement, but I definitely think we’re in agreement. Think Hennessy has this one backwards.
I agree with you. Althought if I were Zeke, I think I'd do the same thing he did.

Fan perspective its not a good look, and I was to the point of giving him the Melvin Gordon treatment but once he's back he's a Cowboy, Im cheering him on.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
How do we know he's not just doing a mileage run on American Airlines? Really gunning for that AAdvantage status to get dat upgrade.

davidariust24

Reaction score

We need him to sign pronto. One thing Zeke needs to consider is if he misses games and Pollard does well. He will be splitting alot more Carrie's from now on. Pollard just needs a good offseason on strength and weight training and he can be a bell cow back. I'm telling you he can be very similar to McCaffrey. A player who is potent as a RB and WR. If Pollard gets in that weight room and comes back 5 to 7 lbs bigger with all muscle. He will be able to get 1000 yards rushing and 700 yards plus receiving. Zeke and Jerry need to come to terms soon. Zeke is a better player but Pollard is getting better and better and I want Zeke here for the rest of his career.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His agent fears Zeke being in Dallas.

The agent is worried that once Zeke is around his teammates that he will cave in.

(Yes, teammates hang out together outside of work...)
Not as much as you may think.

Polkton31

Reaction score
I must have been reading a different board. I don't remember anyone saying that Zeke couldn't ball still. In fact, most people have said he is a great player. What I have taken away from the board this off-season is that most fans think Zeke is making dumb decisions and it is detrimental to the team. If Zeke comes back and balls out, I will be right there cheering for him. But make no mistake about it, I will still think that he has acted unprofessional and childish both off the field and how he handled this whole contract issue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if he were to get a deal done today I would be shocked if he got a big work load Sunday. My guess would be maybe 10-12 carries at most, and work up from that in the following weeks.

Just enough to screw up my fantasy football team!
:angry:

aria

Reaction score
BTW when he gets his deal done and plays on sunday. I don't wanna hear any of you bums kicking his back in, to cheer when he balls out. I will be here to remind you and call you out all season long.
Likewise, I’ll be sure to remind people what a stupid deal this was for the next 3-5 years

MCMetal69

Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Come Home , Zeke....................

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
C’mon, man. Why can’t people cheer him on if he’s helping the team even though they were hating on him when he was holding out and hurting the team?

Going further, why can’t I be open about the fact that I don’t want him extended (because I don’t think any RB is worth a big second contract) but still root for him to ball out if/when he does get extended?

That’s just silliness. But whatever. Feel free to call me out all season long if it makes you happy.
You dont draft a rb 4th overall, if you feel the position is not valuable

aria

Reaction score
Man you got alot of people responding to you who are trying to crawdad on how they talked about Zeke. Call them all out ...... They deserve it
Deserve what? Many of us, myself included, said we will cheer for him on Sundays because we want the team to win.

It doesn’t mean we won’t or can’t criticize him, as we do with all players, but especially ones who sit out and demand that they are paid the highest at their position. He wants to be the highest paid, he better play like it every game and if he doesn’t guess what? Hopefully I’ll be the first to call him out.

It also doesn’t mean we have to like him off the field. Unlike some people, I’m not gonna change my attitude and say “he’s a great guy” even if helps us win a Super Bowl. He’s a piece of animal excrement and most likely always will be, he hasn’t shown one sign of changing for the better. IMOF, he’s only gotten worse.

Call me out all you want. IMOF mark this post, copy and paste it, ask the MOD’s to tack it. I will cheer for Zeke only when he’s playing and wearing a Cowboys uniform and I’ll also call him out just like you and others say they will call us out, kinda funny how that works isn’t it. When Zeke isn’t on the field in a Cowboys uniform I couldn’t care less what happens to him.

ghst187

Reaction score
All I will say is Ewok better in tip top shape ready for 30 carries and 5 passes or Jerry should take back some $

Praxit

Reaction score
...if the guy makes the team better, so be it. If it will get the monkey of our back, so be it. Either way, will be looking back at this by game #8.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I am not one against him getting the money at all. I just don't like the holdout. But, I value him as much as probably anyone on this board so I will be cheering for him even though I think his hold out in year 3 is bad form. I also think he should take a bit of a discount since he is negotiating after year 3 .

Paying Zeke 16 mill / yr is much better idea than paying Dak 35 mill

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I am not one against him getting the money at all. I just don't like the holdout. But, I value him as much as probably anyone on this board so I will be cheering for him even though I think his hold out in year 3 is bad form. I also think he should take a bit of a discount since he is negotiating after year 3 .

Paying Zeke 16 mill / yr is much better idea than paying Dak 35 mill

I've heard a couple of times that the Cowboys knew back in February that Zeke would not show up to Training Camp without a new deal so he didn't spring this on them at the last minute.