Zeke on Twitter "Put some respect on my name"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A lot of it comes from the people that wanted us to draft Jalen Ramsey instead of Zeke.
Yeah....they need to let that go. Ramsey is even more of a head case than Zeke is. The answer wasn't to draft a corner or a running back at he 4th spot. Unfortunately for us....those were the two best players there and Bosa had just left the board. I'd have no issue with either pick and at the time I would've went with Ramsay but that's so long ago I don't even care anymore lol.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Most disrespected running back in the league....and second most disrespected player on this site. I don't get it personally.
Best blitz pick up back in the league and no one plays harder than he does. I don't get it either. Understand his off the field junk, put with pads on that man's all business. I'll take him everyday on my team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Best blitz pick up back in the league and no one plays harder than he does. I don't get it either. Understand his off the field junk, put with pads on that man's all business. I'll take him everyday on my team.

Not just blitz...which we've seen a lot of RB's flub (hence Romo injuries, imho...there's a reason Dak stays healthy). But zeke will chip an O-line too. Roy will be along any minute to show a few misses by zeke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is the best advice for the young man.

We have to face it...zeke just ain't like other guys. If you are expecting zeke to become some other person....a tom brady in rb form....it's no wonder you mad and hateful.

(Not YOU you, cern. "you" in general and they know who they are. )

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is like any other player to me, I respect what they do on the field and could care less what they do off it.

I do think the tapping out brought too much criticism as he is an all out RB, that's how he plays the game and why we seldom see him stopped for no gain, he always seems to momentum forward. If he's feeling anything less than 100% and needs a blow, him taking himself out is a good team move. A fully charged Elliott is one of the best in the game, a tired one is just another RB. His running style has the tendency to wear him down but that's his game.

aria

Reaction score
why do you contradict yourself. you stated yards were commensurate with carries. i agreed with you. your hatred of zeke has made your thought processes askewed. for someone who loves argumentum ad hominem, i'd think you'd be much better at it.:)
I’m not contradicting myself, I was pointing out your contradiction, or what I thought was your contradiction. so since you admit carries do matter with regards total yards then why do you place such a high premium on his rushing titles when it has more to do with the play calling then the skill of the running back?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
He started slow his rookie season too.
He came into camp overweight. He whined on Twitter about having to wake up on the 2nd day of camp. We know from text messages his girlfriend was wondering if he was worried about failing his drug test (released as part of the investigation). He thought it was smart to visit a weed shop before his first preseason action in Seattle.

I am not surprised he started off slow.

aria

Reaction score
The fact that you are the one who replied says it all. We get it. You do not like Zeke Elliot the player or Zeke Elliot the person off the field. The fact you have to say it repeatedly infers a level of hatred and anger towards the man that is irrational. Assuming that you do not know the man personally. Or maybe this is just your own cheery personality towards everyone.
The fact that you don’t know what I said infers you don’t know how to read or you cherry pick statements. I’ve always admitted to not liking him as a person but I’ve also said I keep that independent of what I think of him as a player. His first year I said he was a top 3 RB, possibly the best. Second and third year I dropped him to top 5, last year top 10. How is any of that different from what most people think outside of homers? Where exactly do you think he should rank any why?

I always use stats to back up my personal thoughts of him as a player which is more than what most of his supporters do. In fact, all they bring up is total yards and I’ve shown examples, with statistics, of why that is a horrible stat to use when comparing an overall running backs skills vs others. I’ve given several examples, and stats, to show he isn’t even top 10 in several categories such as broken tackles, yards from scrimmage, elusiveness, short yard plays, yards after catch, etc.

Lol, I have to know someone personally to not like them? Actions speak louder than words, please tell me you’re joking. I really hope you’re not that naive to believe you have to know someone on a personal level to form an opinion of them.

aria

Reaction score
No one plays harder than he does? Is that opinion or fact?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People are obviously taking my comment out of context. haha

I never said I don't respect him. Zeke has been a great player. I'm just saying, keep doing what you're doing and stop focusing on social media for respect. Too many people wrapped up in social media looking for validation on their lives. There have been great players in this league and they didn't have to get on Twitter telling people to "check the stats". Focus on yourself. Prove to the doubters on the field.
My motto has always been, "If you're that good, you don't have to tell people."

He's good, but only time will tell if he's great.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We’ve known all along how arrogant the kid is.

He’s not the same back he was when he entered the league, and that’s sad.

Not worth the money or the headache.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
The fact that you don’t know what I said infers you don’t know how to read or you cherry pick statements. I’ve always admitted to not liking him as a person but I’ve also said I keep that independent of what I think of him as a player. His first year I said he was a top 3 RB, possibly the best. Second and third year I dropped him to top 5, last year top 10. How is any of that different from what most people think outside of homers? Where exactly do you think he should rank any why?

I always use stats to back up my personal thoughts of him as a player which is more than what most of his supporters do. In fact, all they bring up is total yards and I’ve shown examples, with statistics, of why that is a horrible stat to use when comparing an overall running backs skills vs others. I’ve given several examples, and stats, to show he isn’t even top 10 in several categories such as broken tackles, yards from scrimmage, elusiveness, short yard plays, yards after catch, etc.

Lol, I have to know someone personally to not like them? Actions speak louder than words, please tell me you’re joking. I really hope you’re not that naive to believe you have to know someone on a personal level to form an opinion of them.

I did not say you had to know him to form an opinion. I said the strength of your opinion appeared unusual for someone who didn't know him personally. Your inability to let it go would seem to back that up. I also didn't mention anything about his stats or where he ranks amongst other running backs past or present. It is a futile exercise since each player is in his own unique situation.

My original point was simply regarding the depth of hate or anger some posters have towards certain players. It had nothing to do with how effective I think Elliot is. The amount of posts and the tone of those posts suggests you are way too worked up about him.

cern

Reaction score
I’m not contradicting myself, I was pointing out your contradiction, or what I thought was your contradiction. so since you admit carries do matter with regards total yards then why do you place such a high premium on his rushing titles when it has more to do with the play calling then the skill of the running back?
i made no mention of rushing titles. you going back to strawmanisms again. try thinking before you post.

NotForLong

Reaction score
:thumbdown:
Seems like your issues are with Dak?

You do realize that the rushing title is almost always dependent on total carries which is directly reliant on play calling, right? Henry has been in the league the same amount of time as zeke and has tied his ypc average twice and beat it the other two times. He hasn’t been as noticed because he didn’t get the ball as much which has nothing to do with how good he is, that’s coaching, scheme, etc.

Since zeke’s rookie year he doesn’t even place in the top 10 in several categories that are much more independent of play calling and are better indicators of how good a running back is compared to his peers. Broken tackles, short yardage downs, elusiveness, yards after contact, yards after catch, yards from scrimmage, etc) and he’s had one of the best run blocking lines in the league since his rookie year.

Barkley was injured once IIRC with a high ankle sprain that would keep most backs out half the season, if not more, yet he only missed 3 games and still put up 1,000 yards, had a better ypc avg than zeke and did it behind a much, much, mych worse O line than zeke had.

McCaffrey is just better than zeke all around, he’s the best back in the league, he’s the complete package.

You’re out of your league dude, come back to the table with something a little more measurable next time than total yards. Oh yeah, your boy had 4 games last year with 50 yards or less, three of those against playoff teams. Yeah, he’s worth it, best back in the league rising to the occasion :rolleyes: :thumbdown:

Edit: One last thing, you don’t even know what the hell your talking about with Henry vs Murray, they weren’t even in the league at the same time. BTW, Murray crushed zeke’s best season of rushing by almost 200 yards so I guess he’s better than zeke, lol.

All I did was type in "DeMarco Murray Henry" this was the 1st article. Don't need to search deep into it, just read the 1st sentence.

https://www.al.com/sports/2018/07/demarco_murray_predicts_bright.html

You are over here talking out the side of your mouth. When someone like you is opinionated and combined with ignorabt its a dangerous thing (a sad sign if the times)

Besides the fact that he couldn't beat out DeMarco Murray (who the Eagles had released the year before) is a testament to the skill &t alent Henry possesses. He has 1 big season and you wanna crown him over a member of your team.

Because you got an agenda. You wanna diminish the worth of Zeke, because the main claim around here of those who are critical of Dak is this:

Zeke carries the team. Any success Dak has had is a direct result of being in the backfield with Zeke. And Dak may be in fact hampering Zeke's production.

After 4 years of pointing this out to Dak Fan Boys, this delusional click have gone on the offensive and are now attacking the reputation and legacy of our greatest player.

Believe me I have been highly critical of Zeke's off field problems. Highly vocal.

But never would I reinvent history and diminish what he has meant. . . especially not to prop up Dak.

Those who understand football have been right so far. . . its only a matter of time before Dak is replaced and the Shackles placed on Zeke will be unleashed.

PS you mention DeMarco Murray's greatest STATISTICAL YEAR was better then ZEKE's and that proves he is better. But that's your game that you play . . . STATS.

How could I fault Zeke for never getting a chance to play with Romo don't worry once this CLOWN SHOW known as Dak Precott leaves town everything will open up and ZEKE will smash records.

I've been saying this for 4 years and I haven't been wrong yet.

Oh yeah I do have a problem with Dak the QB of the Cowboys.

But after he is gone I could care less about.

That's how you know I don't HATE HIM.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You tell people that and they will say "I don't pay him to be a blocker"........ugh....I hate it here lol.