Zeke on Twitter "Put some respect on my name"

jay94

Reaction score
Cowboys fans will always know volume equates talent, because every other measure shows otherwise. Zeke is the greatest.....

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
2b08a2a62997cd3f1f04c208b5097bb6.gif

aria

Reaction score
I just said he's the best rb in the game. Rushing titles don't detract from that fact. Hatred is irrational. Your posts prove that.
So the stats I quote and post are irrational because I don’t like zeke? That makes complete sense :rolleyes:

nobody

Reaction score
he's a big, fun loving kid at heart. and an outstanding running back. he's done nice things for various charities and helping high schoolers, but gets vilified by some claiming with his income it's meaningless. anyone thinking like that is a far bigger butt head than what they claim zeke to be. he's deserving of respect.

Shocking. He's a complex human being like everyone else? He paid for the funeral of a kid he didn't even know. Yeah, he's an idiot about some things. Do I trust him not to get into trouble with the league? No. But he's not the trash people claim either. He does a lot of good.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This take from Bucky Brooks from a recent NFL.com article really encapsulates the two-sides of the argument:

“Naysayers will point to Elliott's lack of big runs (posted a career-low four runs of 20-plus yards in 2019) as a sign of slippage, but the fifth-year pro has always been best described as a grinder. He has just 34 runs of 20 or more yards in his career, with 14 of those recorded during his rookie season. Moreover, Elliott has a grand total of four runs of 40-plus yards (in 1,169 rushing attempts) during his career. Considering his remarkable production without the assistance of big plays, Elliott's consistency as a chain mover should be celebrated by observers.

Think about it this way: Saquon Barkley and others have followed the James Harden model as three-point shooters with "boom or bust" stat lines, while Elliott has torched opponents with a flurry of mid-range jumpers like Kawhi Leonard. Although his game is not always flashy or full of pizzazz, it's effective and teams can win championships with a steady producer like No. 21 leading the way.”

This is really about what aspects of being a running back you put value in. Do you think a RB being able to flip the field is important, or do you think pass protection is more important? I like Brooks’ analogy with Barkley and James Harden. I also appreciate Zeke’s ability as a consistent chain mover but wish he was more of a home run threat.

Last edited:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I think if we had some guy that made the defenses play honest about the pass, the runs would be there. but that's me

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think this is just off season boredom.

Zeke has been our greatest back in history in his first 4 years,

That is a long list of great players, folks.

And Zeke is a little different but we have had a few players that were "different" but we embraced them because the bigger agendas of winning with them were more important.

Lance Rentzel
Charles Haley
Hollywood Henderson
Rapheal Septien
Duane Thomas
etc.

There was controversy with these and more could be added.

The team still succeeded and it will with Zeke.

Zeke harms nobody with his antics. I still do not believe his suspension was true as the facts has never been exposed and to just take Goodell's word as the final judge just is clearly prejudicial. The commishs own internal security people found no evidence and suggested exoneration. Goodell ignored them.No laws were broken, no charges were filed. Zeke's GF just wanted some cash.

That's Zeke's fault..? Hardly. If you have not pissed off a GF or wife in your life, you aren't trying folks.

Like threats like that from a former significant other are uncommon?

Nope. Just watch People's Court in the morning. Unfortunately I have way to much time to watch that stuff and laugh.

And I think Zeke knows he goes off at times then has to reel himself in. We all do that.

So it's just irrational to expect other people to live up to your standards. I bet that realistically you have somebody in your life that does not agree with you or is jealous of you but just hides it to get what they can from you.

Ain't no different from Zeke.

Its not your life. Its theirs.
*Mighty fine post,if, I might say so myself,,,er,,,just saying, ya know*
:thumbup:
:starspin::star::starspin:

Thomas82

Reaction score
Yeah....they need to let that go. Ramsey is even more of a head case than Zeke is. The answer wasn't to draft a corner or a running back at he 4th spot. Unfortunately for us....those were the two best players there and Bosa had just left the board. I'd have no issue with either pick and at the time I would've went with Ramsay but that's so long ago I don't even care anymore lol.

All facts!! But Zeke is exactly who I wanted us to draft. I started pushing for him as soon as it became clear that DeMarco Murray wasn't coming back......IJS

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
All facts!! But Zeke is exactly who I wanted us to draft. I started pushing for him as soon as it became clear that DeMarco Murray wasn't coming back......IJS
Demarco left in '05 though. I think at the time we had McFadden and Alfred Morris and Joseph Randle. So yeah Zeke was a no brainer. I wasn't upset a bout the pick I would've been ok with Ramsay or him. I just hated that the two best players there were running back and corner. But I understood the argument for Zeke. We had Romo and they wanted to prolong his career and there were rave reviews about Zeke as a blocker and running back. Made total sense.

Thomas82

Reaction score
Yeah, I remember DeMarco leaving in 2015, but I wasn't sold on the backs we had. I wanted Zeke, but didn't think we would be picking high enough to get him. Man, was I glad to be wrong about that one!!