Zeke or Barkley? Who was the better prospect

kskboys

Reaction score
Gotta love the brainiac fans that don’t think the o-line has had a beneficial effect on Zeke’s production. This team must then be the biggest group of idiots in football then because they’ve invested three 1st round picks, and a 2nd rounder for a group that apparently don’t have anything to do with Zeke’s success.
Right. And it's just as stoopid to think EZ's talent has nothing to do w/ it!!!

It's OK for it to be some of both.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Gotta love the brainiac fans that don’t think the o-line has had a beneficial effect on Zeke’s production. This team must then be the biggest group of idiots in football then because they’ve invested three 1st round picks, and a 2nd rounder for a group that apparently don’t have anything to do with Zeke’s success.

Last year, Zeke was terrible (4.1 ypc), some of it due to TSmith being out and our LG spot, and alot because of Zeke not being in shape as he was in 2016.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Last year, Zeke was terrible (4.1 ypc), some of it due to TSmith being out and our LG spot, and alot because of Zeke not being in shape as he was in 2016.
Remember, Morris was the RB when Smith missed his games. Smith being out should have hurt Alfred’s YPC.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Remember, Morris was the RB when Smith missed his games. Smith being out should have hurt Alfred’s YPC.

Morris was something like 3.5 ypc in 2016, when the OL was better and had Leary in the lineup at LG. Zeke's bad play last year alot was on him, being out of shape and not as fast as he was in 2016.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Morris was something like 3.5 ypc in 2016, when the OL was better and had Leary in the lineup at LG. Zeke's bad play last year alot was on him, being out of shape and not as fast as he was in 2016.
I know, and even he had a better YPC than Zeke in 2017, even while playing in the games Tyron missed. Zeke needs to get his butt back in gear.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Zeke is a better NFL prospect,He can get the dirty yards and most of the yards in the NFL is dirty yards.Barkley is a better pass catcher though.
This.

Barkley is not all that different, as a prospect, than Reggie Bush. He has to show an element to his game - running between the tackles against difficult boxes - that he never did in college to be the same type of prospect as Zeke.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Zeke can catch but (because of coaching) will not use him like the stealers use Bell. The one catch against the stealers he took to the house for over 80 yards. Just another reason red needs to go. As the Bills coach said when the juice was there, " I have Secretariat and I am riding him" ( just the GREATEST race horse ever). He should never come off the field except for a brief rest.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Many had Barkley as the #1 overall prospect and some thought he’d go #1. I think he’s definitely the higher rated prospect. If he can produce behind that line that would say a lot.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
You can make all the hoopla you want out of this RB and that. Bottom line is, Zeke has shown he has what it takes to play in the NFL. Barkley has yet to take a snap in a real game. We shall see if he has the juice to run in the league against some of the most elite defense's. Hell, he could be a wash.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Many had Barkley as the #1 overall prospect and some thought he’d go #1. I think he’s definitely the higher rated prospect. If he can produce behind that line that would say a lot.

Only because the qb's at the top weren't so called can't miss prospects. Zeke's class had Wentz, Goff, etc.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You can make all the hoopla you want out of this RB and that. Bottom line is, Zeke has shown he has what it takes to play in the NFL. Barkley has yet to take a snap in a real game. We shall see if he has the juice to run in the league against some of the most elite defense's. Hell, he could be a wash.

Exactly. Barkley could turn out to be one of these guys for all we know...
https://www.thesportster.com/colleg...lege-running-backs-who-were-busts-in-the-nfl/

beware_d-ware

Reaction score

I wouldn't call him terrible at all, but he was lacking a step from 2016.

Also, everyone knows how awful Chaz Green was versus Atlanta, but he was also Zeke's starting LG for 4 freaking games. PFF had him as the second worst guard in the league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Also, everyone knows how awful Chaz Green was versus Atlanta, but he was also Zeke's starting LG for 4 freaking games. PFF had him as the second worst guard in the league.
Agree and since I saw how he played in 2016,, I am going to call 2017 the anomaly and his head just wasn't right. He's a bit of a weird kid to begin with and I think being the center of news for most of the season wore him down. We're talking about a 22 year old kid here and an immature one at that.

And I don't know if he hit the girl or not but if he really didn't, it had to be a lot worse on him with this hanging over him. Now he can put as much of that behind him as he can and just focus on being the best RB he can be.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Well if Dak is getting called out for his ints and lack of accuracy last year, even though his accuracy was better than Wentz, then Zeke dropping from 5.2 ypc to 4.1 ypc last year, I'd say he was terrible considering his game is about power and speed. Not to mention Zeke did have a fullback at his disposal last year to take on blocks along with the OL.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

He should have been the worst talking about Green.