Zeke or Barkley? Who was the better prospect

davey999

Reaction score
If you take into account attitude and commitment to the game, then Barkley is ahead of Elliott. Barkley won't be outworked by anyone in the weight room.

davey999

Reaction score
I think the biggest thing that sets them apart, and I havent seen anyone bring it up yet is Zeke has the ability to run between the tackle and get you dirty yards, Barkley doesnt. Didnt he lead college in getting hit behind the line of scrimmage or something?

Not saying the Giants have a good OL, but the one he had at PSU stunk.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Barkley won't have the luxury of bouncing to the outside to avoid inside contact in the NFL.
Elliott is a more complete RB.
I watch a lot of college ball and Barkley wouldn't get the 2-4 yards grinding inside, he'd use his speed to run outside.

kskboys

Reaction score
coming out of college?
Although he didn't have near the hoopla, I think it was EZ, and here's why: EZ is a complete RB. Blocks, catches, the works. Elliot is quicker to and through the hole, which means he is a better inside runner, which means he will keep an O moving better. Eat up clock, move the chains, score TD's.

Yes, there is more hoopla about Saquan, and he will be good, but IMO, EZ was a better prospect.

The ones who rate Saquan higher are the ones who don't understand that it takes more than just pure speed.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If you take into account attitude and commitment to the game, then Barkley is ahead of Elliott. Barkley won't be outworked by anyone in the weight room.
I disagree. He missed 6 games last season, dealt with major stress and distraction throughout the entire off season and until he got suspended, didn't even practice with the team and STILL rushed for 1,000.

kskboys

Reaction score
It was pretty obviously Barkley, wasn’t it? Zeke wasn’t seen as a truly elite talent but what made him special was that he was above average to great at every single skill that a running back could have. Had the Cowboys not drafted him a lot of mocks had him falling as far as the teens. Barkley on the other hand was widely considered the best player in the draft and it just came down to would he go first or second.

No, not at all. Saquon was more publicized w/ a lot more hysteria, that does not make him a better prospect, just a better known one.

This is like asking who was a better prospect, Mo Claiborne or Xavior Rhodes. Just because Mo was the more popular pick did not make him a better prospect.

kskboys

Reaction score
I disagree. He missed 6 games last season, dealt with major stress and distraction throughout the entire off season and until he got suspended, didn't even practice with the team and STILL rushed for 1,000.
EZ had a much, much better season last year than fans realize.

kskboys

Reaction score
And the O line was in shambles. That tells you how special this kid is. The only knock on him in my opinion is he's immature, but seriously - whatever.
I find it absolutely amazing that our own fans can't see what we have in this kid. Yes, he needs to get his personal crapp in order, no argument there. However, this kid is incredible. They stack up the LOS to stop him and still can't.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I find it absolutely amazing that our own fans can't see what we have in this kid. Yes, he needs to get his personal crapp in order, no argument there. However, this kid is incredible. They stack up the LOS to stop him and still can't.
Yep, he's a special RB. Due to there being RBS a dime a dozen I never lobby to draft a RB that early. I even leaned toward a DT, but he's ridiculously talented. To me, there's no debate.

Aven8

Reaction score
Barclay ran for a whopping 1,200 yards last year, although he did have 18 TD's. Meanwhile Zeke carried his team to the NC just like he will for us to the SB.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Why are you rating Gurley over EZ? Is it his 3.2 YPC from 2016 that is so impressive?

These are prospect rankings. That's what this entire thread is about.

But yes Gurley's 7.4 ypc is SO IMPRESSIVE. Compared to Zeke's 6.3 behind a better Oline. And Gurley played against better competition.

Last edited:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Hard to say. If they came out this year I'd say, Barkley. Now he'll have to go some to equal EE.
The fact this is a conversation should be the death of the "Zeke was a generational talent so we had to take him."