Zeke or Barkley? Who was the better prospect

KDM256

Reaction score
Zeke had the better college career and played more respectable opponents IMO.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Coming out of college it is Barkley. He doesn't have the personality questions Zeke had plus he was the more explosive college player. For people that think Barkley can't get tough yards you must not have watched him in college. He has power. Not Zeke power but he is a power runner.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Last year I saw Barkley play against Ohio State and USC. I know he had over 300 total yards against USC in Rose Bowl. Did well in both games. Saw him play a patsy in 2016 but can’t remember who.

My point earlier was that it remains to be seen who’s better, but where Barkley had a higher rating than Zeke was character. He also compared well to Zeke in several areas.

My comparison of the two RBs strengths compared to each other:
Zeke
1. Has more power than Barkley.
2. Has excellent speed. Not as much as Barkley
3. Excellent receiver- so is Barkley.
4. Great blocker- better than Barkley.
5. Zeke is strong conditioned athlete- Barkey is better conditioned and stronger.

Barkley
1. Less power than Zeke.
2. More speed than Zeke.
3. As good as Zeke as receiver
4. Not as good a blocker as Zeke.
5. Much stronger and better conditioned than Zeke.

Again...pretty close in skill but remains to be seen who’s better in NFL.

Joe Looney was in better shape than Zeke last year.

DiResta

Reaction score
the easy way to answer the question of who was the better prospect is to ask yourself
on any given draft if both guys were to come out the same year who would be the higher pick? who would scouts and draftniks rate higher?
Zekes all around capability and production or Barkleys all purpose game?
i think Barkley would appeal more to a guy like Sean Payton, smashmouth teams i think Zeke would be the guy

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Explain how Gurley doesnt compare to Zeke
Gurley is a great RB too, but he blew his knee out before he made it to the NFL. Something tells me he won't have the longevity that Elliott will. JMO

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think Barkley is a better prospect. But it likely won't show because Zeke's o-line is far better.

It is close. Character issues moves Barkley ahead.

kskboys

Reaction score
I think Barkley is a better prospect. But it likely won't show because Zeke's o-line is far better.

It is close. Character issues moves Barkley ahead.
Why do you think he's a better prospect? It appears to me that EZ's skillset transfers better to the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
These are prospect rankings. That's what this entire thread is about.

But yes Gurley's 7.4 ypc is SO IMPRESSIVE. Compared to Zeke's 6.3 behind a better Oline. And Gurley played against better competition.
Better than Georgia's OL? Disagree. Georgia is known for their O trench players. Who was on EZ's that makes you think they were so much better?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree. You've got around 5 RB's currently in the NFL who are comparable, including Fournette and Bell and David Johnson. These 5 cats are all incredible talents.
Yep and they don’t all have our OL,

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Barkley is the real deal.

This will be Emmitt/Barry lite. Both will be successful in different ways.

cern

Reaction score
Elliott...………………..3 down backs are rare. especially at his level. he runs, blocks, and catches passes well. did all those things in college. continues in the pros.