Zeke or Barkley? Who was the better prospect

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Name a RB who's not getting O line help and is still elite.
Elliott is arguably the best RB in the NFL. There are a couple close, but he's got it all.

Missing 6 games with the weight of the world on his back, a complete garbage LG, missing the LT, a new RT and he STILL rushes for 1,000?
I’d argue none are in as good of situation behind the best rushing OL in NFL.

He should be doing 2,000 yards behind this OL.

I’d take Barkley and Gurley for sure over Elliott.

I’m tickled pink to have a talented RB like Elliott. I wish our QB had his talent level.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I wasn’t including last years OL. The other 1,000 yard rusher was MCFadden in 2015.
How convenient. Yet Elliott averaged 100 yards a game, 1,000 yards and missed 6 games all behind a struggling O line.
I’d argue none are in as good of situation behind the best rushing OL in NFL.

He should be doing 2,000 yards behind this OL.

I’d take Barkley and Gurley for sure over Elliott.

I’m tickled pink to have a talented RB like Elliott. I wish our QB had his talent level.
I wish you'd stop repeating yourself. Everyone is well aware you disapprove of Dak even if there are legitimate reasons he struggled.
Did you watch Barkley play in college?

More "World according to greg" as usual.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How convenient. Yet Elliott averaged 100 yards a game, 1,000 yards and missed 6 games all behind a struggling O line.

I wish you'd stop repeating yourself. Everyone is well aware you disapprove of Dak even if there are legitimate reasons he struggled.
Did you watch Barkley play in college?

More "World according to greg" as usual.
Yes I did watch him play at Penn St.

And how else should I report than the world according to me?

I love Dak. Great kid. 2016 was fun. Best backup QB we’ve had in 25 years. Thought he might be it initially.

I just think he has some major weaknesses in his passing ability . Does that mean he can’t drive the bus to a Super Bowl. Of course not but he’s going to need more help than Romo had. That’s a concern to me especially with our dysfunctional front office and coaching staff.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes I did watch him play at Penn St.

And how else should I report than the world according to me?

I love Dak. Great kid. 2016 was fun. Best backup QB we’ve had in 25 years. Thought he might be it initially.

I just think he has some major weaknesses in his passing ability . Does that mean he can’t drive the bus to a Super Bowl. Of course not but he’s going to need more help than Romo had. That’s a concern to me especially with out dysfunctional front office and coaching staff.
It's ok if you can't properly identify the reasons last season was different from 2016. Keep bashing Dak, can't wait for you to be proven wrong.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I would put zeke behind barkley from a pure talent and prospect standpoint. And there should be an empty row between gurley and the rest.
I wouldnt blame anyone for having Bark over Zeke. It really comes down to preference in playing style.

I preferred Zeke because he was such an easy prospect. I knew for a fact there wouldn't be any part of his game that didnt translate to the next level. I tend to go high floor when it comes to prospects-all things equal.

Now Barkley has a bit more projection to his game, making him riskier. But I also think his ceiling is higher than Zeke's which is scary.

It's reall splitting hairs and preferences.

For a team with solid to strong blocking and solid to strong roster I'd go towards Zeke.

With a roster that has **** blocking(Giants) and a ****** roster(Giants) I'd go Barkley.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Averages 11 wins in his first two seasons. One of the hightest in nfl history.

Yes, but they’ll tell you that Dak had an ideal
Supporting cast, that carried him to the success he had.

Then one post later they will complain about the same front office, how it sucks, and how it never gave Romo any help his entire career.

Quite odd isn’t it? :huh:

koolaid

Drink Me
Reaction score
Zeke was the better prospect because he has the ability to consistently run between the tackles and is a workhorse who won't wear down easily over a season. He also blocks better than saquan.
Barkley is the better overall athlete, but I think he is a more finesse style runner. Barkley is a nice weapon in the passing game though.
Both are great players though. I expect Zeke to break rushing 1400 yards and saquan to have 400+ receiving yards.

GenoT

Reaction score
Good question.

To me, coming out of college, there’s more similarity than differences. Both were clearly the best in their class at their position, both are workhorse backs; capable of running, receiving and blocking to various degrees. Each is a true 3-down back, able to turn a planned-for short gain into a big play, and both can dominate any given game.

Discounting that Zeke is a proven pro while Barkley is still an untested rookie, IMHO, and only based on what they showed in college, it’s pretty much a jump-ball.

While quite happy with Zeke so far as a pro, if they’re both coming out of college together, you can pick one and I’ll be happy to take the other.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
It was pretty obviously Barkley, wasn’t it? Zeke wasn’t seen as a truly elite talent but what made him special was that he was above average to great at every single skill that a running back could have. Had the Cowboys not drafted him a lot of mocks had him falling as far as the teens. Barkley on the other hand was widely considered the best player in the draft and it just came down to would he go first or second.
Not considered elite? Lol. What boob said that? Zeke was absolutely seen as a generational type RB. You now, the kind that comes around once every couple of decades.

kskboys

Reaction score
Not considered elite? Lol. What boob said that? Zeke was absolutely seen as a generational type RB. You now, the kind that comes around once every couple of decades.
Yup. Aside from the sheep repeating monotonously some spew about RB's having no value, it was clear that EZ was a major talent at RB.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This is true but defenses played them different also. Defenses sold out to stop Zeke. They didn’t do the same for Morris.

Darren McFadden ran for 1,000+ yards and saw his YPC jump from 3.4 (in 2014 w/Raiders) to 4.6 YPC in 2015 w/the Cowboys with Weeden, Cassel, and Kellen Moore behind center "threatening" defenses to stay honest.

This line makes a difference.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
In college it's a toss up, in the NFL Barkley hasn't done **** so Zeke all the way.