Zeke Overrated and Over Paid?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Were big fans of average players.

And big fans of no football GM and average coaching.
giphy.gif

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Zeke is the best running back in the NFL. Thqt hasn't changed. What's changed, is the game. Now, you got little squirters shooting off like misjudged sharts.

So, let me ask you this, running back to running back:

30 seconds left in the Superbowl and you have fourth and inches to get into field goal range, who are you taking over Zeke?
People gonna lie and say saquan just to troll

Hadenough

Reaction score
I would like to further discuss this, since I've joined I have seen so many post about "Zeke overrated", "Zeke overpaid", "Zeke is average". Can someone demonstrate to me a person who has two rushing titles(would of had three if it wasn't for bs), and is currently 7th in rushing(game behind some people in front of him), and that makes him AVERAGE? By being 7th in the league that means there are roughly 25 starting RB who have less yards than him. Thats above average by definition people. You know whose getting paid that isn't producing, Todd Gurley.

Long Runs- "We need the home run hitter", "Someone like Saquon that got that speed". Another person said that "Home run RB's win games". LOL, lets examine that shall we. Among the top runners with Zeke, Nick Chubb has the longest run so far, it it was ONLY about that home run hitter, than his team would be winning more games, people were saying that they would trade Aaron Jones for Zeke, his longest run is 15.

The fact of it is, Zeke is top 5 running back, and to me the best in the league but im bias, so my unbiased right now CMC is, and Zeke is next. But in no way shape or form will I say I would trade CMC for Zeke. And the people that say, "Zeke only has yards because the offense opens holes", yeah DUH thats the point of the game. Cook, McCaffrey, Fournette lines also block very well on the run, they NEED them too. Don't be hypocrites please. He may not be home run threat, but he plays physical football and runs hard every down; there will always be someone better at something, we just need to be happy we have a back who has been at the top for every season he's been in the league.
You have to understand. There are a lot of idiots who cry about Zeke being over paid but even the highest paid RB salary is cheap considering how many times he touches the ball. You almost cant overpay for a RB because the position is devalued salary wise. But you can definitely over pay for a QB and that will set the franchise back years.

ultron

Reaction score
He’s definitely not top 5 at catching or running.

He’s also the highest paid. Which is the biggest issue.
He's won the rushing title in every season that he's completed (and lead the league in yards per carry the season that Goodell robbed him). He's currently 4th in the league and I fully expect him to finish first or second this year & he absolutely is a top 5 back when it comes to catching the ball - I'm not really sure if you've actually seen the young man play but he's pretty good.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I find Zeke hard to like. Zeke's a teenager in a man's body and is on the edge of being in trouble at any time.
That said I wouldn't trade him for Barkley straight up. Zeke can take over a game, I don't know that Barkley has shown that yet.

JayFord

Reaction score
Were all cowboys fans

we have a running back that gets you 4 yards everytime he touches the ball

hes been successful in the NFL by running back standards

he’s proven that hes the best RB in the league

There are literally 25 other things we could complain aboot before we even think to discuss Zeke

and quite frankly hes the only reason i find cowboys games exciting and fun

slick325

Reaction score
Zeke is a bad dude! If he stays healthy, add another member of the ROH and RB in the HOF from the Cowboys.

Bad dude!

Xeven

Reaction score
Pollard stats are better than Zeke. We should use him more. He seems to have second gear. He will be a dangerous back if he avoids injuries. If Pollard can put up yards we should use him more if for no other reason than to preserve and extend Zeke’s career and health.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's Barkley done for his team?

He had 28 yards on what 11 carries his last game, and then had some long screen pass that he did not get a TD on.

To some on here that is great just that one play. Zeke only had what a measly 139 yards? So not good enough in comparison for the Barkley lovers. But Barkley's run was great.

ultron

Reaction score
I find Zeke hard to like. Zeke's a teenager in a man's body and is on the edge of being in trouble at any time.
That said I wouldn't trade him for Barkley straight up. Zeke can take over a game, I don't know that Barkley has shown that yet.

This is true, I've met him IRL and he's a d-ck but a potential HOF RB in a time that RBs really aren't 'that' important.

Flamma

Reaction score
He can kick canes out of blind people's hands. He can push through women, children, and the elderly to get out of a burning building first. I only care that he does this...….

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Zeke is the most complete back in the league. Additionally, he punishes defenses with his style of finishing his runs.

To the 'running backs aren't important' crowd. Which championship Cowboys team did not have a top tier running back?

Even the underachieving teams of more recent history got as far as they did with high level running back play. Barber in 07 and Murray in 14.

The Pats beat the Chiefs in the AFC Championship game running the ball. Michel - 29 carries for 113 yards and 2 TDs.

Michel had 18 for 94 and a TD in the SB. Burkhead added 7 for 43.

The death of the running game in the NFL is greatly exaggerated and having a 3 down back who excels at every aspect of the position is a very good thing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Pollard stats are better than Zeke. We should use him more. He seems to have second gear. He will be a dangerous back if he avoids injuries. If Pollard can put up yards we should use him more if for no other reason than to preserve and extend Zeke’s career and health.
You are joking, right?

There's no way you don't understand the difference between a bellcow back and a scatback, right? There's no way you don't know that you have to scheme the lightly built backs open, to get them out in space? And you do realize that the 2nd RB's stats often look better due to the way he was used, right?

Felix Jones averaged 8.9 YPC his rookie year. Think about that.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t better than Barkley.
You wrote this as if it were a fact.

Next time a need an opinion (fact) on a player I will know where to go. Being a mod must give you a super power or something really neat-o like that.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The point I was trying to make is don't say he as our running back is average because he's not. He's top 5 in every aspect of being a running back. But if you want to talk about the teams failures and the lack of coaching okay, just let him do his job because he does it very well.

The second person behind him is Todd Gurley, and look how he's performing?? CMC and Cook will get bigger contracts than Gurley 100% next year but I bet you they don't lead the league in rushing two times in three years. I'd bet on that.
:welcome: to the boards for starters. You'll find out more down the road that you will talk yourself blue in the face to all the haters. You'll also be able to identify them as well.

After awhile, you'll just get tired of seeing/reading the same posters, post the same hate. Makes one ask themselves if they're even Dallas Cowboys fans or just trolls baiting.

The Zone has a wonderful option. It's in my signature. Once you apply the "ignore" option, you'll never have to see the haters, typo police, know it all's, nor ignorant posters ever again and enjoy the Zone for what it's for. Enjoyment!:thumbup:

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
False. Pollard = Lance Dunbar

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Zeke is the best running back in the NFL. Thqt hasn't changed. What's changed, is the game. Now, you got little squirters shooting off like misjudged sharts.

So, let me ask you this, running back to running back:

30 seconds left in the Superbowl and you have fourth and inches to get into field goal range, who are you taking over Zeke?
In short yardage runs in the open field Zeke was successful on 67% of his runs. That was good for......11th.

So literally last year you should have taken 10 guys over him.

Next question.