Zeke paying funeral costs for slain teen Jaylon McKenzie

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know what Ranch. You told me the story about that decision and asked me which team you went to. I answered the no body team. I just knew without knowing
One of the gre
My little girl just turned 10, she's an only child, and I'm scared poopless of what the future holds. As a father of a daughter, yourself, you can definitely understand where I'm coming from. So, I appreciate 'most' of the advice that I've read on here. :p
I only have one too. You want to shelter them, but you also want to prepare then for the real world. Its tough. I talk to her about boys and them saying anything to get in her pants. It's not easy, but she has to know. She has a boyfriend that is a good kid. Hes in college 300 miles away. Win, win! Lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This, back in my days in the early 80's in high school, the worst that would happen would be a fist fight but nowadays no one wants to lose in front of people, so now you have guns every where you turn these days.

Not in normal high schools you don't. It starts with the parents.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Not in normal high schools you don't. It starts with the parents.

Agree, but what I was pointing too was the difference in the generation gap. My days it was at worse a fight now it guns. Yes it starts at home and like I told my wife, in my day you were afraid of your teachers (paddling) and parents of getting whipped with a belt or switch. Now the kids are not because they know they can call Social Services, then the kids start running the house hold and telling the parents what they are going to do. Then bam Colunbine happens and it's been down hill in the school systems since 99. Now you see on TV at cookouts drive byes all the time. Kids have gotten out of hand. Not mine though, I am still in the 70's. No d-- time outs here. I will spank my kids if get out of hand.

nobody

Reaction score
I just keep telling my son everyday that girls are the devil and they just wanna take your money.

I wouldn't do that to my son as there are girls out there not like that, but something fortunate happened. His first girlfriend was super clingy, crazy, jealous, and forced him to spend his money all of the time and completely put him off of dating for now. It's been around 7 months since he broke up with her and he still has zero interest in asking a girl out. There is nothing like experience in learning a lesson.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agree, but what I was pointing too was the difference in the generation gap. My days it was at worse a fight now it guns. Yes it starts at home and like I told my wife, in my day you were afraid of your teachers (paddling) and parents of getting whipped with a belt or switch. Now the kids are not because they know they can call Social Services, then the kids start running the house hold and telling the parents what they are going to do. Then bam Colunbine happens and it's been down hill in the school systems since 99. Now you see on TV at cookouts drive byes all the time. Kids have gotten out of hand. Not mine though, I am still in the 70's. No d-- time outs here. I will spank my kids if get out of hand.

Yah, well there are no drive by shootings in my neighborhoods. And I have moved to areas specifically for its good schools for the kids. I know that's not always possible for everyone, but those were the goals.

I have two girls so no spankings. But I will pull an ear once in a while. :flagwave:

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Yah, well there are no drive by shootings in my neighborhoods. And I have moved to areas specifically for its good schools for the kids. I know that's not always possible for everyone, but those were the goals.

I have two girls so no spankings. But I will pull an ear once in a while. :flagwave:

Lol, I have 2 girls and I will spank them if need be but most of the time, I just give them the look ( like James on Good Time gives to JJ) they know I mean business.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol, I have 2 girls and I will spank them if need be but most of the time, I just give them the look ( like James on Good Time gives to JJ) they know I mean business.

so your laughing that I don't spank my kids? Whatever buddy. Spank your kids all you want.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
so your laughing that I don't spank my kids? Whatever buddy. Spank your kids all you want.

Get it straight BUDDY! I dont give a rats a-- what you do with your kids. The laugh was not even about that. Listen I said if my girls need a spank I will give it to them, didnt say I would go Joe Jackson on them big difference there hommy! But you do it your way and I do it my way. Now one love! I don't tell people how to raise there kids but in my house, I am the HNIC as Joe Clarke said in Lean on Me!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Get it straight BUDDY! I dont give a rats a-- what you do with your kids. The laugh was not even about that. Listen I said if my girls need a spank I will give it to them, didnt say I would go Joe Jackson on them big difference there hommy! But you do it your way and I do it my way. Now one love! I don't tell people how to raise there kids but in my house, I am the HNIC as Joe Clarke said in Lean on Me!

That’s comforting to know. I’m sure your girls know who’s in charge. And if they don’t then watch out! Lol