Zeke Playing with torn PCL says it all

pasando

Reaction score
Zeke playing with a torn PCL says it all to me with regard to this organization and "Leasership"...
Why would you allow Zeke to play against the Eagles (meaningless game) knowing he has a torn PCL and not allow him some extra rest? To me this sums up the competence/frame of mind,etc... whatever you want to call it of our "Leadership". This is a great example of how this bumbling organization looks at things and game plan.. The only thing I can come up with in my head is this team thinks Zeke is the only RB who can pick up rushers and protect their 40Mil QB... If this is the case, shame on the coaching staff for not having other RB's with adequate blocking skills.. Oh and by the way aren't coaches supposed to "coach" RB's to be able to block?? This is just one example of our flawed staff/organization...

NotForLong

Reaction score
Zeke playing with a torn PCL says it all to me with regard to this organization and "Leasership"...
Why would you allow Zeke to play against the Eagles (meaningless game) knowing he has a torn PCL and not allow him some extra rest? To me this sums up the competence/frame of mind,etc... whatever you want to call it of our "Leadership". This is a great example of how this bumbling organization looks at things and game plan.. The only thing I can come up with in my head is this team thinks Zeke is the only RB who can pick up rushers and protect their 40Mil QB... If this is the case, shame on the coaching staff for not having other RB's with adequate blocking skills.. Oh and by the way aren't coaches supposed to "coach" RB's to be able to block?? This is just one example of our flawed staff/organization...
Well he has plenty of time to heal now

Aven8

Reaction score
He had to get his 1k yards last week. He did play decent actually yesterday IMO. He got a couple of first that should have been losses, and he blocked two players on one play that was awesome.

terra

Reaction score
Clear the organization does not have the regard for Pollard some fans do. If they really did, they would have put Zeke on IR and started Pollard.
Should have done that anyway. Its just an example of how dysfunctional the boys are as long as the Jones run it.

jsb357

Reaction score
he should have been IR'd and the game plan adjusted accordingly

oh wait...

this is Dallas

tenor.gif

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oline was atrocious at run blocking this year.Was it the players, the scheme, the play calls, the predictability or a combo of everything.Say what you want about Zeke. He’s a warrior who didn’t have much room to run the 2nd half of the season.Anyone who actually really watched the games closely can see that.Not to mention he was on 1 leg.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Even limited, Zeke is the best pass protecting blocking RB in the league. Dude took out two guys coming clean on Dak in one play.

And he's out there in pain. Give him some respect.
Not until he puts some respeck on my name, playboi!!!

pasando

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I give Zeke all respect for toughing it out and trying to help his team.... This is about the decisions this organization continues to make whether it be game to game or season to season... I'm not even going to mention the love this organization has for individual goals (aka 1000yds/season) :facepalm::facepalm:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I think Zeke was told he couldn’t hurt it any more. It was a matter of pain tolerance.
This could be true. But if I am the coaches...I need PRODUCTION...not pain tolerance. I personally think the coaches were not ALLOWED to bench Zeke. Understand what is really going on in Dallas. And it is the same thing that has been going on since Jimmy Johnson left the building...other than the Parcells years!!!!

75boyz

Reaction score
I think there was some report on Brady's knee after last year's post season too. Like he had played with a knee issue through some or most of the season to include the playoffs.

Heck, I think I remember Ken Norton still playing with what I believe was a torn biceps muscle during one of those 90's trophy years( not 100% but I'm pretty sure).

Can't forget old one legged Rodgers from just a few years back beating the Cowboys either.

Probably more common than what is publicly reported for sure.

jmo

MyFairLady

Reaction score
When your head coach is the guy who had a good time at a drunk sleep over party at Jerrys place this is what you get. Drunk Jerry calls the shots and sleep over buddy does as he is told.

Creeper

Reaction score
At this point I don't see why any of the starters were allowed to play against the Eagles. It certainly didn't help them prepare for the 49ers. Instead of looking ready and sharp they were sloppy, stupid, and undisciplined. But Dak got his 5 TDs passes, broke Romo's record and Zeke got his 1000 yards. Team comes first, not personal goals. The Eagles game is an embarrassment to this franchise.