Twitter: Zeke vs Emmitt

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Emmitt made no secret of his desire for longevity in the league. He was slithering around trying to preserve his body from early in his career. I like watching Zeke deliver punishment, but dude needs to watch some Smith film. Emmitt had no problem getting OOB.

This hurdle attempt against Indy was a bad business decision, especially coming off the stinger. Exciting when it works, but unsustainable long term. Just get the first down and stay healthy. If he'd had nobody to beat like his hurdle earlier in the season, maybe it's a different story.

For one game at the same point in their careers? That's a really close call. Our run blocking game has been adequate this year, but Smith had Tueni, Stepnoski, Williams, and Newton in year 3. IMO, Zeke would get 2000+ behind those studs.

Zeke for a game, I think, but there's no wrong answer with these two guys.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
We did. Cue up 1989 and 1990. Those beatings took years off the end of his career, as it turned out.

Nobody can ever say that Troy Aikman isn't one tough SOB. He was pounded like a $2 steak early in his career. The standards for violence done to the QB were much different than they are now.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
Zeke has all the ability, but Emmitt's heart stood the test of time. Let's see if Zeke's will.

Right now, for one game, for all the marbles, give me Emmitt in his prime, over Zeke.

E. Smith was a helluva football player and a great leader. Who can ever forget that game vs. the NYG with the separated shoulder? So, yeah, if the chips are down for a single game I'll take a guy like that on my side every time.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Amen. I think Emmitt is the best RB in NFL history (yeah I am bias) but I am all for Zeke surpassing him. I wish him luck in the long road ahead. Before anyone mentions Barry Sanders, the only reason I think Emmitt is better is because he was more of an all purpose back. As good as Sanders was, he was a liability as well.

Plus, my argument for Emmitt too, is that he holds the rushing record. "but Barry retired early". So? Emmitt didn't and he set the bar. Makes him the best IMO (even though I am bias too :muttley:)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another good comparison is Tony Dorsett and Lance Dunbar.

Flip a coin.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Had no idea Zeke is/was outpacing Emmitt stats by this much........

I did.

and for those arguing about "Eras"

The "eras" played into Emmitt's favor, not Zeke's. It's the opposite of the passing game.

Zeke has GOAT potential. This fan-base really needs to start appreciating it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Another good comparison is Tony Dorsett and Lance Dunbar.

Flip a coin.
No, that is absolutely absurd.

Zeke is 3 seasons of full health in. He is 25% of the way there. It isn't like calling Barkley the next Sanders (as many Giants fans love to do). Zeke only needs to continue on the path he is on.

conner01

Reaction score
Amen. I think Emmitt is the best RB in NFL history (yeah I am bias) but I am all for Zeke surpassing him. I wish him luck in the long road ahead. Before anyone mentions Barry Sanders, the only reason I think Emmitt is better is because he was more of an all purpose back. As good as Sanders was, he was a liability as well.
Most fans would love Zeke to surpass smith
But the odds are very slim
Few player can play at that level for that long
Many have had big starts, few come close

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

This, never saw him blocking ever.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
For all the worry about Zeke risking injury, he's been shockingly durable thus far in his career. He's spent 2 years in Columbus feature-backing plus 2 1/2 years here and has still yet to miss a game with injury.

No guarantee that he'll have Emmitt type longetivity down the stretch of his career, cause that's partially genetics and partially work ethic, but so far Zeke has been about as robust as RBs come.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
“Not worth a first round pick”

- @Toruk_Makto
Let me know where I posted Zeke wasn't a great running back prospect. You'll be sucking your thumb a long time searching.

I'd rather have Jalen Ramsey and Patrick Lindsay (insert your favorite undrafted late round or undrafted running back putting up big numbers) than Zeke and Anthony Brown (insert your unfavorite late round round DB likely failing out of football).

I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have Jalen on his monstrously big 2nd contract than Zeke on his monstrously big 2nd contract.

If you're too simple to understand these self evident truths don't bother @'ing me.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Let me know where I posted Zeke wasn't a great running back prospect. You'll be sucking your thumb a long time searching.

I'd rather have Jalen Ramsey and Patrick Lindsay (insert your favorite undrafted late round or undrafted running back putting up big numbers) than Zeke and Anthony Brown (insert your unfavorite late round round DB likely failing out of football).

I'd MUCH MUCH MUCH rather have Jalen on his monstrously big 2nd contract than Zeke on his monstrously big 2nd contract.

If you're too simple to understand these self evident truths don't bother @'ing me.
I dont care who you would rather have

You are wrong and sound foolish and ignorant with your stance.

Picture this offense having a back like Lindsay instead of Zeke. Better yet picture this QB.

Now tell me how many games we win with that combination?

You will ignore this because you dont want to embarass yourself