Twitter: Zeke Working Hard

Kwyn

Reaction score
Zeke is a lost cause and the downhill started early when he went to Cabo . He never was that special if you ask me . Did not have the speed of demarco Murray or the shiftiness of emmitt .
Zeke is the most expensive RB mistake in nfl history so far .
This is such a bad take, particularly considering the reference to Murray

Did you forget that the Eagles signed Murray to the third richest RB contract in the league and he was so bad that they traded him after one year to the Titans for a fourth round pick?

Do you recall that the Titans cut him after two years and he was out of the league at age 30?

How is Leveon Bell doing in NY?
How did Todd Gurley’s big contract work out?

There are more, but the Murray comparison is one that a bigger mistake than Zeke and right on point here

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Zeke’s head is the problem. If you believe Newton The gravitational pull from Zeke’s head attracts defensive players. Or if you believe Einstein Zeke’s head warps time and space cause everyone to fall towards Zeke’s head.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Will the coaches tweak the run game? I would like to see more runs with Dak under center instead of handing to running back while standing still beside QB in shotgun

chicago JK

Reaction score
Zeke's best days are behind him. He is still a power runner and if he fixes his fumbling problem from last year, he could still be very effective with a good offensive line. I just don't think you will ever see the big plays any longer. Once you lose that, you very rarely get it back.

The contract was clearly a mistake, but it is what it is. I think he can still be pretty productive over the next 2-3 years. 1200-1300 yards rushing. I just don't consider him a top 5 back any longer.

Aven8

Reaction score
Funny Zeke was the HS 110 hurdle champ in Missouri and he’s now lost his speed. He’s still young.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Zeke better start the season off strong. If he doesn't, I would not hesitate to go to Pollard immediately.

Tired of the 4 or 5 games of terrible play and fumbles before he holds his pressers saying he needs to play better.

No **** Sherlock.

Flamma

Reaction score
You guys might want to slow down on the Zeke funnies. If he kills it next year a lot of people are going to look like fools.

I am critical of him too. But I pump the breaks. He's still a young dude, and if our O-Line manages to play well, I won't count him out just yet.

plasticman

Reaction score
Zeke will have an excellent year, he is obsessed with proving everyone wrong and he has his teammates to back him up.

Last season, Zeke had less productivity but he didn't have less effort. We all know about the Covid and how teams keyed on him without Dak. Also, Cowboys lost every starting O-linemen except the Connor Wiliams, the only Dallas Offensive player to start all 16 games.

After that, they proceeded to lose just about every backup. They lost their starting center to retirement before the season began. They lost their starting TE in game#1. They lost their starting QB in game #4.

These guys are all back. Zeke didn't lose a step, he lost the majority of his teammates

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Zeke was a one year wonder, like a one-hit wonder. Got famous, then got FAT and sucked. I am not sure how anyone cannot see it. It was over as soon as he jumped in the Salvation Army kettle....

3 seasons over 1350 yards on the ground. 3 seasons over 50 catches.

How many other RBs have done that recently?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Did you forget that the Eagles signed Murray to the third richest RB contract in the league and he was so bad that they traded him after one year to the Titans for a fourth round pick?

Do you recall that the Titans cut him after two years and he was out of the league at age 30?

There are more, but the Murray comparison is one that a bigger mistake than Zeke and right on point here
I was just looking the other Day at Gurley and was a bit shocked that he was only 26 years old still, and no longer even employed.
Its also very confirming that you rarely see a RB improve especially 2nd contract RBs,, they typically decline, its the position more than the player.

basel90

Reaction score

Murray had 3 fantastic seasons in dallas and one good at Philie , behind an atrocious OL.
Zeke benefited from the top OL WR offense and a budding Dak in his first 2 years . Then got a monster deal and the downhill performance.
Plus zeke has had bad PR throughout his career .
Murray was very classy throughout .

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Zeke's best days are behind him. He is still a power runner and if he fixes his fumbling problem from last year, he could still be very effective with a good offensive line. I just don't think you will ever see the big plays any longer. Once you lose that, you very rarely get it back.

The contract was clearly a mistake, but it is what it is. I think he can still be pretty productive over the next 2-3 years. 1200-1300 yards rushing. I just don't consider him a top 5 back any longer.

1200-1300 yards would be top 5 every year. Some of you take what Zeke does for granted big time.