Twitter: Zeke Working Hard

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5 years in the NFL is about the time these RB's start going downhill. Zeke already had big time mileage on him from him college career.

I also dont think Zeke was ever that fast to begin with. That Oline was sooo good in 2016 that Zeke looked a lot better than he really was. I also agree he has been beaten and battered.
We could ask 'bama if he was "ever fast".

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murray had 3 fantastic seasons in dallas and one good at Philie , behind an atrocious OL.
Zeke benefited from the top OL WR offense and a budding Dak in his first 2 years . Then got a monster deal and the downhill performance.
Plus zeke has had bad PR throughout his career .
Murray was very classy throughout .
I think you got that wrong. DAK...was the one that benefited from ZEKE. Do you think Dak would have had the same rookie season without Zeke? Or in say Cinnci?

Of course not.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I completely agree on the last sentence. Not sure where you get the agility thing. I think he lacks agility to run around guys and bounce it to the outside. Not sure how you work on long speed at this point.
Yep...that hurdling thing is definitely a "lack of agility". o_O

He was never a Barry Sanders. But unlike barry...he can BARELY can any benefit of the doubt for a crappy o-line and losing his stud QB.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Murray had 3 fantastic seasons in dallas and one good at Philie , behind an atrocious OL.
Zeke benefited from the top OL WR offense and a budding Dak in his first 2 years . Then got a monster deal and the downhill performance.
You talked about his contract and Zekes being the worse ever.

Zeke has been better on his big contract than Murray was on his. Murray played three years on his big deal and year one was enough to see him dumped in a trade and year three was so bad he was out of the league

Beint a nice guy doesn’t have anything. with it

And if you want to talk about what Murray did on his first contract I’m pretty sure Zeke had some pretty nice years on his rookie deal

birdwells1

Reaction score
rookie combine he ran a 4.46 and a 4.48 back to back avg was 4.47
He ain't running that now. He put on too much bulk and it took away what made him special, the ability to take it to the house. He nothing more than a power back now.

basel90

Reaction score
I think you got that wrong. DAK...was the one that benefited from ZEKE. Do you think Dak would have had the same rookie season without Zeke? Or in say Cinnci?

Of course not.
There is truth to what you are saying and dak benefiting from zeke’s first year or two which were his best . Next season a lot of facts will become clear . I always thought dak was overrated as well .

basel90

Reaction score
You talked about his contract and Zekes being the worse ever.

Zeke has been better on his big contract than Murray was on his. Murray played three years on his big deal and year one was enough to see him dumped in a trade and year three was so bad he was out of the league

Beint a nice guy doesn’t have anything. with it

And if you want to talk about what Murray did on his first contract I’m pretty sure Zeke had some pretty nice years on his rookie deal
You are forgetting zeke benefitting behind the best OL and wr combo and some argue QB . Murray had none of that and that Phil team was atrocious.

Dre11

Reaction score

Just stop, you must be Murray GF or something, the guy had 1 great season and the rest just above average, Zeke won 2 rushing titles and damn near a third.

basel90

Reaction score
Just stop, you must be Murray GF or something, the guy had 1 great season and the rest just above average, Zeke won 2 rushing titles and damn near a third.
You must be a zeke lover or GF or slobberer.
Zeke benefited from the best OL WR combo and a good QB . Murray never had any of that .

mmohican29

Reaction score
Zeke will have an excellent year, he is obsessed with proving everyone wrong and he has his teammates to back him up.

Last season, Zeke had less productivity but he didn't have less effort. We all know about the Covid and how teams keyed on him without Dak. Also, Cowboys lost every starting O-linemen except the Connor Wiliams, the only Dallas Offensive player to start all 16 games.

After that, they proceeded to lose just about every backup. They lost their starting center to retirement before the season began. They lost their starting TE in game#1. They lost their starting QB in game #4.

These guys are all back. Zeke didn't lose a step, he lost the majority of his teammates

Disagree. He relaxed every run after tackling level contact. He turfed the ball 4 or 5 times because he quit effort and concentration before his knees touched the turf.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
If you can't trust your starting RB to carry the ball 26 times a game, then he should not be put in the best of the best conversation. Zeke is the best RB in the NFL right now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke just needs to hold on to the ball. I don't see him working on that. :rolleyes:

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are forgetting zeke benefitting behind the best OL and wr combo and some argue QB . Murray had none of that and that Phil team was atrocious.

Best what???? Are you serious, or are you still wearing blinders?