Twitter: Zeke's response to tweet suggesting they wished a relative had been attacked by dog for payout

kskboys

Reaction score
You made a comment that Dak is greedy. Can you explain that comment? Cowboys want 5 years and he wants 4. The per year salary is not the issue.
Sure.

Dak has been offered money commensurate w/ the top 5 QB's in the game. The offers are more than fair. A 5 year deal puts him in the ultra rich category, and will earn him a couple hundred mill or so. His insistence on a 4 year deal to me is very strange, and to me is a clear sign that money is the most important thing to him over everything.

kskboys

Reaction score
Polar opposites? Zeke and Henry are both power backs. I thought Zeke was one of the best short yardage backs, but I was wrong.
Skillsets. Zeke is a burst back. Henry is a guy who needs space to get going and is a beast in the open field.

Zeke is one of the best short yardage backs, but only if he cuts his crapp and gets in top shape. Right now he's cruising and doing as little as possible. It may never change.

kskboys

Reaction score
KSK! the Barkley's fans are about to eat you alive. Lol
You almost need to separate RB's into different categories. Short yardage grinders and HR threats.

So far, what I've seen from Barkley he's the HR threat, but will all too often leave the O sputtering from no gains.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Sure.

Dak has been offered money commensurate w/ the top 5 QB's in the game. The offers are more than fair. A 5 year deal puts him in the ultra rich category, and will earn him a couple hundred mill or so. His insistence on a 4 year deal to me is very strange, and to me is a clear sign that money is the most important thing to him over everything.

Dak would have been signed 8 months ago had not the Cowboys insisted on 5 years. Asking for less money is not greedy, its just ballsy. He is betting on himself.

If Dak is greedy he would have held out a year or two ago. If he was greedy he wouldn't have signed the tender.

Zeke is greedy. Dak is being more than reasonable.

But whatever, you have your opinion.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
You almost need to separate RB's into different categories. Short yardage grinders and HR threats.

So far, what I've seen from Barkley he's the HR threat, but will all too often leave the O sputtering from no gains.

And hurt. As they say, "the best ability is availability".

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak would have been signed 8 months ago had not the Cowboys insisted on 5 years. Asking for less money is not greedy, its just ballsy. He is betting on himself.

If Dak is greedy he would have held out a year or two ago. If he was greedy he wouldn't have signed the tender.

Once again, more reiteration of the same old argument. Do you understand why I'm not interested in going over this yet again? Nothing personal, and I have no problem w/ you having your opinion. I knew what you were going to say before you said it. Why? Because we've already said it to each other. Several times. I'm bored w/ it. We're not going to agree. Understand?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Skillsets. Zeke is a burst back. Henry is a guy who needs space to get going and is a beast in the open field.

Zeke is one of the best short yardage backs, but only if he cuts his crapp and gets in top shape. Right now he's cruising and doing as little as possible. It may never change.

You don't get to say "if he was in shape". Its either he is or he isn't. And so far the last 3 years Zeke ISNT a good short yardage back.

And honestly, when I think of Zeke, BURST is not a trait that comes to mind. Zeke barely has the BURST to bounce it outside.

Zeke is a power back that needs huge holes to run through and lots of carries to do damage.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Only place I really have a problem in instances such as Dak's, where what's being offered is extremely fair for both, but he continues to hold the team hostage for a maxed out contract. I want him to make 30 mil or so, good for him. However, at this point it's becoming simple greed.

Don't know about extremely fair. They're offering him the same guaranteed amount as Goff on a 5-year offer as Goff got on a 4-year extension. Before folks try to jump in and say the extension is different because they were already under contract, they aren't. The extension really is a 4-year deal that they've spread out on top of money Goff and others were GOING TO MAKE already. Dak isn't under contract except the tag that goes away if he signs. There's nothing on top of anything. He just gets that deal. So if you want a 5th year, you have to up the guarantees, allow for a 5th year void, benchmark bonuses, etc.

I keep reposting the thread that had an article written by an agent that spoke about what Dak should look for if the Cowboys want to offer a 5-year deal. He took cash flows, the QB market, guaranteed at signing, etc. into consideration. He stated that a comparative deal for 5 years might come close to 5 years / $190M with close to $130M in guarantees. Don't think the $38M annual will happen but any fair-minded person would know that the same guarantee for Goff in 4 years is not equal on a 5-year deal, extension or not. This article even looked at those 3 deals I keep listing to show that Dak's offers aren't comparative.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...yvT7iVqeIjgNSJ4QnRrSeBaK1JRFOaFUwWZvKNfdLZZEI

Wilson: 4 years, $140M ($107M guaranteed)
Goff: 4 years, $134M ($110M guaranteed)
Wentz: 4 years, $128M ($108M guaranteed)

No way Dak should sign anything rumored at this point.

kskboys

Reaction score
You don't get to say "if he was in shape". Its either he is or he isn't. And so far the last 3 years Zeke ISNT a good short yardage back.

And honestly, when I think of Zeke, BURST is not a trait that comes to mind. Zeke barely has the BURST to bounce it outside.

Zeke is a power back that needs huge holes to run through and lots of carries to do damage.
Zeke has excellent burst when in shape. He doesn't when not.

Zeke might not make my top 3 if he comes in out of shape again. He is on the hot seat.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't know about extremely fair. They're offering him the same guaranteed amount as Goff on a 5-year offer as Goff got on a 4-year extension. Before folks try to jump in and say the extension is different because they were already under contract, they aren't. The extension really is a 4-year deal that they've spread out on top of money Goff and others were GOING TO MAKE already. Dak isn't under contract except the tag that goes away if he signs. There's nothing on top of anything. He just gets that deal. So if you want a 5th year, you have to up the guarantees, allow for a 5th year void, benchmark bonuses, etc.

I keep reposting the thread that had an article written by an agent that spoke about what Dak should look for if the Cowboys want to offer a 5-year deal. He took cash flows, the QB market, guaranteed at signing, etc. into consideration. He stated that a comparative deal for 5 years might come close to 5 years / $190M with close to $130M in guarantees. Don't think the $38M annual will happen but any fair-minded person would know that the same guarantee for Goff in 4 years is not equal on a 5-year deal, extension or not. This article even looked at those 3 deals I keep listing to show that Dak's offers aren't comparative.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...yvT7iVqeIjgNSJ4QnRrSeBaK1JRFOaFUwWZvKNfdLZZEI

Wilson: 4 years, $140M ($107M guaranteed)
Goff: 4 years, $134M ($110M guaranteed)
Wentz: 4 years, $128M ($108M guaranteed)

No way Dak should sign anything rumored at this point.
Yeah I know all this, has been posted before. I simply gave the example, didn't mean to start another tired old Dak tirade. Apologies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Zeke wasn't greedy. He and his agent were "effective." Dak just goes about it differently in a way sure to leave fans more "comfortable." But look at how Dak is being branded a greedy SOB anyway. He should have held out with Zeke in Cabo last year and this would be done and cheaper too. Hate you if you do, hate you if you don't so to Hades with fans' "comfort." Buy a Snuggie.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yeah I know all this, has been posted before. I simply gave the example, didn't mean to start another tired old Dak tirade. Apologies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Understood but $130M in guarantees is a heck of a different fairness neighborhood than $110M in guarantees.

kskboys

Reaction score
Understood but $130M in guarantees is a heck of a different fairness neighborhood than $110M in guarantees.
Yup. Already knew that also!!!!!!!!!

Two guys in a boat, Pete and Repeat, Pete falls out, who's still in the boat?

OK, two guys in a boat, Pete and Repeat, Pete falls out, who's still in the boat?

Sure, two guys in a boat, Pete and Repeat, Pete falls out, who's still in the boat?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

OK, two guys in a boat, Pete and Repeat, Pete falls out, who's still in the boat?

Sure, two guys in a boat, Pete and Repeat, Pete falls out, who's still in the boat?
Did they ditch Threepeat?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke has excellent burst when in shape. He doesn't when not.

Zeke might not make my top 3 if he comes in out of shape again. He is on the hot seat.

Personally I just think Zeke looked a lot better than he really was in 2016 because the Oline was so dominant. They were opening up monster holes all year for him.

I have been overly disappointed since his rookie year, not just the off the field stuff. Rarely do we see Zeke dominate games and be the unstoppable force that wins us games.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke wasn't greedy. He and his agent were "effective." Dak just goes about it differently in a way sure to leave fans more "comfortable." But look at how Dak is being branded a greedy SOB anyway. He should have held out with Zeke in Cabo last year and this would be done and cheaper too. Hate you if you do, hate you if you don't so to Hades with fans' "comfort." Buy a Snuggie.

Zeke bet that Jones would cave and he did. I would have loved to see him stay in Cabo all year long.

Zeke held out two years before his rookie deal was up. Smart, but greedy. Dak has fulfilled his rookie deal and not complained about it one time. In fact, all the guy is asking is that its a 4 year deal and not 5. And its clear he never intends to hold out.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Lol. Never heard that before. I'm gonna use that. Didn't quite catch the mechanics though. Can you repeat?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Zeke bet that Jones would cave and he did. I would have loved to see him stay in Cabo all year long.

Zeke held out two years before his rookie deal was up. Smart, but greedy. Dak has fulfilled his rookie deal and not complained about it one time. In fact, all the guy is asking is that its a 4 year deal and not 5. And its clear he never intends to hold out.

Doesn't matter. Fans think he's greedy just the same. Different means of going about it but there's fans that still hate both. The only common denominator is money a player wants. THAT'S why I feel fans have motives other than just the salary cap at play.