Zim has to go

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
With all the talent we have on Defense, and having scored the second most td's in the NFL, I am ready to blame Zim. When is he going to maximize some talent, get a pass rush and confuse someone with a blitz. I can tell you where every blitz is coming from. And the way we make some OLines we look, so do they. We dont loop and spin enough on the D line and we don't bring Roy enough.

We are bigger than most Olines on the D side and we get no push?????

We need to move Ware and Canty around some also. They can rush from many angles I believe. I am excited about Carp if he gets the nod. This guy could really get after the QB in college, but Zim will ruin him also.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Canty and Ware do not play the same postion. The DEs in the 3-4 do what DT in the 4-3 do, keep the OL off the LB's. Anything beyond outside contain and eating up blockers is gravy.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
I agree with you, but man oh man. It wouldn't be a game week without a GROZ thread.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
So you are telling me players of their caliber can't flop sides? can't overload one side? can't play down?

Not every play, but oh that's right Zim doesn't understand that would be unpredicatble and mix the blockers up a bit, right?

jrumann59

Reaction score
sadams;1162294 said:
So you are telling me players of their caliber can't flop sides? can't overload one side? can't play down?

Not every play, but oh that's right Zim doesn't understand that would be unpredicatble and mix the blockers up a bit, right?

Actually how is that confusing. Most lines block a guy based on where he is lined up. Swapping sides may be a good gimmick but swapping sides and running the same play just on the different side isn't going to garner much more in results. The defense just doesn't attack the ball carrier it sit back and waits for the ball to get to the it last stop before attacking.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
Our defense has been put in horrible situations by our offense...when Bledsoe started. Time after time I would watch bledsoe throw an INT/fumble/get sacked and lose field position and give the other offense a short field.

Sit back and watch, because if the offense keeps playing like it is, the defense will get better too.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1162338 said:
Our defense has been put in horrible situations by our offense...when Bledsoe started. Time after time I would watch bledsoe throw an INT/fumble/get sacked and lose field position and give the other offense a short field.

Sit back and watch, because if the offense keeps playing like it is, the defense will get better too.

Uh did you watch the washington game? The only time I saw bledsoe was when he was on the sideline.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
jrumann59;1162347 said:
Uh did you watch the washington game? The only time I saw bledsoe was when he was on the sideline.

did YOU watch the game? Yes, we gave up a couple of big plays. Every defense does that! Look at the box score man, we held Portis under 100 yards, and brunell under 200 yards passing. The defense did enough to win the game, and the defense wasn't even close to being the reason we lost that game.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1162357 said:
did YOU watch the game? Yes, we gave up a couple of big plays. Every defense does that! Look at the box score man, we held Portis under 100 yards, and brunell under 200 yards passing. The defense did enough to win the game, and the defense wasn't even close to being the reason we lost that game.

Yep I did to but PI are just as good as big plays. Add all the defensive penalties to their totals and I would expect it to be around almost 400 total yards.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
and Zimmer is responsible for pass interference penalties? Come on man. You are blaming the wrong person.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Only on this board could we have the number 3 defense ..... and people be calling for the DC's head.

:bang2:

We have bigger probs than not having the number 1 or 2 defense

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
sadams;1162283 said:
With all the talent we have on Defense, and having scored the second most td's in the NFL, I am ready to blame Zim. When is he going to maximize some talent, get a pass rush and confuse someone with a blitz. I can tell you where every blitz is coming from. And the way we make some OLines we look, so do they. We dont loop and spin enough on the D line and we don't bring Roy enough.

We are bigger than most Olines on the D side and we get no push?????

We need to move Ware and Canty around some also. They can rush from many angles I believe. I am excited about Carp if he gets the nod. This guy could really get after the QB in college, but Zim will ruin him also.

Plain truth from the gridiron, men.

Where do I begin?
Why blame Zim for blown assignments? As Parcells has found out, you can train your team but you cant prevent the on-field blunders by the entire team.

Not enough blitz? Have you ever asked yourself why? Maybe because that under Parcells' scheme, the front 3 or even more defend against the run primarily and the linebackers do a prevent and lateral coverage on most defensive plays.
That means less of an effort to blitz, or, in plain parlance, to get to the QB.
The scheme is actually doing well, No. 4 in the NFL against the run, last I heard.
The achilles heel has been a secondary that has an infusion of new faces and an out of sync Woodson who in some plays has covered the WR when he should be -- yes -- blitzing or just lying in wait and then hitting. Hard.
And as pointed out in this Forum, our linebackers job is not to blitz under the parcells scheme.
Zim is trying to fit the pieces of a very talented young corps of players into the 4-3 (or is it 3-4?), players who are still maturing. Now with Ellis out, that minimizes further our weapons. So replacing him will not be a blitzing linebacker or roaming back.
heck. Zim MUST STAY.
Zim has consistently cobbled together credible defenses, good ones.
He's not the one dropping passes, causing penalties and missing assignments.
With one of those close games back, everyone would be praising Zim for the good job. Now they want to pile on.
Too bad.
:starspin :starspin :starspin

jrumann59

Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1162366 said:
and Zimmer is responsible for pass interference penalties? Come on man. You are blaming the wrong person.

Yes because it comes down to preparation. I played HS football and I had to do film work the coaches told us what to look for and how to react. If we bit on a certain route too much coaches would call up double moves.

Fan Since 77

Reaction score
jrumann59;1162385 said:
Yes because it comes down to preparation. I played HS football and I had to do film work the coaches told us what to look for and how to react. If we bit on a certain route too much coaches would call up double moves.

LOL. This isn't HS FOOTBALL!!!! These guys are professionals. Sigh.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Fan Since 77;1162391 said:
LOL. This isn't HS FOOTBALL!!!! These guys are professionals. Sigh.

fundamentals are still the same...if guys bite on a move throw a double...simple

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill;1162374 said:
Only on this board could we have the number 3 defense ..... and people be calling for the DC's head.

GROZ has been calling for his head way before then. Don't let our current ranking fool you either. We can't rush the QB, create turnovers or defend the deep pass worth a crap.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
zrinkill;1162374 said:

Isn't it funny?

Im not sure what they want either. I guess if the defense doesn't SCORE 14 points a week, or cause 8 turn overs, we failed.

hmcorp

Reaction score
CANT CREATE TURNOVERS!!!!

HOLY CRAP!

10 int 11 FF 2 def touchdowns.

Cowboys are the 4th best team at creating turnovers. 27 other teams create less than us. This is stupid.

only baltimore chicago and arizona have more.

And as for turnover differential we are 7th.

The only thing I agree with is sacks. We are low in that area. I dont know why. It seems like our defense is rankedi n the top 5 in most things just not sacks.

I dont see how that is a coordinator problem. We do create pressure on the QB just not sacks for some reason.