Zoners: Thank you God for the Red Headed Genius

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Cut some guys, put some blood in the water.

Maybe a youngster gets released from a team for Gurode.

Maybe a youngster or solid player, who could help us more than an old broken down, over-snapping center, can be found.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
zrinkill;4073875 said:
I think he will outlast Jerry .......and when he decides to retire as a coach he will be Stephens choice as GM.

Wow. Now that's some loafty expectations right there.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I figure if the line turns out fine, then Garrett will be a genius. If the line is bad, then Jerry will be a cheap tightwad who only cares about the bottom line and who hurt the team by cutting Gurode.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
CATCH17;4073823 said:
Who knows if it's a good move or not?

I'll save judgement for when it actually matters.

If we don't get results than there is no reason to applaud these moves.

this.

Ken

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4074338 said:
I figure if the line turns out fine, then Garrett will be a genius. If the line is bad, then Jerry will be a cheap tightwad who only cares about the bottom line and who hurt the team by cutting Gurode.
No, this!

:lmao2:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hagman;4073794 said:
I just love what Garrett is doing.

Now, it may not pay off with a playoff trip or Super Bowl this year, but he's building for the future. And I am convinced that his approach will bring this team back to greatness very soon. No more coddling or apologizing for players who are lazy and underperform.

:shades:The future's so bright, we gotta wear shades.

I can definitely get on board with your assessment. I of course am always a bit more optimistic than most. But I won't be killing myself if we don't make the playoffs for whatever reason this year, but I do know that we are going to be feared and loathed even moreso in the very near future. I see multiple Super Bowl appearances with at least a couple trophies to show for in this Jason Garrett era.

Yep! I just went there. At least 2 Lombardie's and multiple appearances.

This year has a certain feel to it, so don't be scared to gird up your loins or whatever you have, and jump on the wagon this year, we could be last year's darlings... Green Bay... this year!

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Cowboystar17;4073803 said:
I love it!!! I hope we have our coach for the next 15 years. I hope JJ doesn't get antsy and get rid of JG after 3 years. These 2 our building something good and making good decisions.

It IS exciting to see the team improving and making moves that make sense. Including a solid draft and free agency that was controlled and thoughtful.

I also love the fact that Gurode was treated fairly by simply releasing him to seek his own future once it became apparent that the two sides could not come to an agreement for him to remain, or a trade to be worked out. he wasn't trashed by the club, simply released.

I also agree with you that the team could be headed for a long term stretch of good things IF Garrett is allowed to have real input as to the players and team philosophy. I can see this being a great match for DECADES... if all involved allow it to happen.

Maybe I need to be talked down as well? :confused:

JoeCorrado

Reaction score
Cowboy4ever;4074219 said:
I think we will compete this year. But even if we don't, I bet these guys play all out for 60 minutes every game. And that is the first step to building championship teams.

:hammer:

Mansta54

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4073781 said:
Zoners,

Are you folks as EXCITED as I am with Coach Garrett calling the shots in Big D?:starspin

Gurode sent packing this morning.

He is instilling a aura of competition throughout the team which in-turn has the young guys playing hard in hopes of making the team.

Calm me down Zoners, but, are we headed for the playoffs with this young OL?:starspin I REALLY BELIEVE WE ARE GOING PLACES!

Well said, it's a beautiful thing...:bow:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4074338 said:
Holy crap are you ever right as rain on this.

calico

Reaction score
love some of the sunshine pumping in here...can't wait til the first game where the O-line self destructs and the secondary can't cover...the threads will be hilarious.

gonna sit back and wait.

:cool:

fortdick

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4073781 said:
Zoners,

Are you folks as EXCITED as I am with Coach Garrett calling the shots in Big D?:starspin

Gurode sent packing this morning.

He is instilling a aura of competition throughout the team which in-turn has the young guys playing hard in hopes of making the team.

Calm me down Zoners, but, are we headed for the playoffs with this young OL?:starspin I REALLY BELIEVE WE ARE GOING PLACES!

And thank God for Crazy Cowboy! I need him to keep my attitiude up with all the negativism on this board. If CC is excited, it's gonna be a good year!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
calico;4074507 said:
love some of the sunshine pumping in here...can't wait til the first game where the O-line self destructs and the secondary can't cover...the threads will be hilarious.

gonna sit back and wait.

Try not to enjoy yourself too much, Cowboy fan. The problem with being a pessismist is that you end up rooting against your own team in hopes of being right.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;4073875 said:
I think he will outlast Jerry .......and when he decides to retire as a coach he will be Stephens choice as GM.

now theres one of the best ideas I have read in long time

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
“Do you want to be safe and good, or do you want to take a chance and be great?”

Jimmy Johnson

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
calico;4074507 said:

gonna sit back and wait.

Blocked in 3... 2... 1... :D

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Hostile;4073811 said:
smile.jpg

are you also posting this in response to us now having 5 kickers?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If the o-line plays good, then Garrett will be considered a genius.

If the o-line gets destroyed and Romo gets hurt again, the fans and media will be calling for Garrett's head.

Bottom line is winning fellas. If Garrett doesnt win he will not be the HC forever like some of you guys are suggesting. Let Garrett have 3 consequtive non playoff seasons and fans will be calling for a public hanging. It may not be fair, but that is professional sports. The head coach is ultimately responsible for the wins and losses of the team, period.