Zoners: Thank you God for the Red Headed Genius

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
It may take another year, off season, draft and FA period to get us where we need to be.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
calico;4074507 said:
love some of the sunshine pumping in here...can't wait til the first game where the O-line self destructs and the secondary can't cover...the threads will be hilarious.

gonna sit back and wait.

:cool:

Unless Romo gets hurt by a career-ending sack, I'm not going to complain about the decision to dump Gurode.

What happened when we had him in there? Romo still got injured.

Whether Jason Garrett is the answer or not has yet to be determined. But I like what I see. What do I see?

1. A coach willing to make the players accountable for their production in practice and in games.

2. A coach who knows when to get rid of players and who doesn't get emotionally tied to players just because they've worn the star for so long.

3. A coach who will put his ego aside to hire a coordinator who may overshine him in personality.

4. A coach who understands what it takes to win in this league. Building the offensive line to protect your franchise quarterback. The Tyron Smith selection was HUGE to me because it signaled a change in philosophy (Jerry's philosophy) away from the glitz and glitter positions to the meat and potatoes position. You win by building the offensive line. Then the defensive line. I believe that's coming in the next draft, but selecting Ryan and selecting Smith are steps in the direction of putting a priority on your two most important units - defensive line and offensive line.
Consulting with great coaches also spoke volumes to me.

Yes, I was critical of Jason Garrett when he was an offensive coordinator. But he has shown that he's a different animal as a coach than he was as an offensive coordinator under Wade Phillips.

I like what I see so far. I don't think those things I've mentioned get voided if the Cowboys aren't as successful under Garrett as his start seems to suggest they'll be.

ChopBlock

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;4075077 said:
I figured as much. In other words someone disagreed with you in some way so you have assigned them that mentality.

I know it wasn't me though because I am the guy who has stripped Jerry of some of the mythical power everyone gives him. There is no way on this earth you can accuse me of saying he calls all the shots. He doesn't, and never has.

Well there have been times when Jerry stripped himself of some power and other times when he greatly increased his role. The fact is he hasn't stayed the same in the way he's managed or the amount of power he's given or taken from various coaches since he's been here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ChopBlock;4076756 said:
Well there have been times when Jerry stripped himself of some power and other times when he greatly increased his role. The fact is he hasn't stayed the same in the way he's managed or the amount of power he's given or taken from various coaches since he's been here.
I think that is a fair assessment and I will not argue with you on it. I think the same can be said of almost any owner or GM. So to disagree would be dishonest.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4074295 said:
Wow. Now that's some loafty expectations right there.

Yea.. this thread is doing nothing but fueling the hype machine.

Lets wait until he wins one game as the official head coach at least before we start praising the Lord for him.

Sheesh. Im fine with optimism, but this is a bit much.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;4076758 said:
Yea.. this thread is doing nothing but fueling the hype machine.

Lets wait until he wins one game as the official head coach at least before we start praising the Lord for him.

Sheesh. Im fine with optimism, but this is a bit much.

Dude...just shut up, OK?

(stupid cowboy fans)

:cool: