Zoners: What is your feeling on this guard?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
James Hannah isn't known for his blocking as a TE, so I have no idea why he would be moved to Guard and be expected to start his first year. At 252 pounds, he's gonna have to add about 50 pounds over the next few months. If we are considering him as a guard, then we are worse off than I initially thought.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
The article was about Ronald Leary, not our 6th round pick TE James Hannah.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
NeonDeion21;4544746 said:

I know... was just having a little fun at CrazyCowboy's expense.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
NeonDeion21;4544746 said:

Yes, I made a mistake....I tried to cut and paste but the site is not allowing me to paste it.....

Do you think Leary can start for us?

RS12

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4544753 said:
Yes, I made a mistake....I tried to cut and paste but the site is not allowing me to paste it.....

Coaching staff thinks he is player, question is his knee. Talent wise sounds like he is at least as good as the two scrubs they signed to replace the scrubs that were here.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
By his work on the field over the last few years, Leary was projected to be a 2nd or 3 rd rounder. At the combine they found he had the degenerate knee problem and his stock plummeted.*So to answer our question, I think a little of both.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;4544753 said:

I've actually been reading up on him quite a bit. The opinion that I ran into the most is that he can start right away and I expect him to be given every chance to earn that position in camp. The knee for the moment is good to go and has held up so far since he has been in Memphis. The problem is that he will more than likely require micro-fracture surgery somewhere down the road, so he will probably end up having a short career. The results of micro-fracture surgery have been sporadic at best with varied success. The success rate is determined on a variety of factors, and that rate decreases with added weight. So whereas the same surgery might not be as career threatening for a CB, there is a far greater chance of an unsuccessful recover for a man of Leary's size. I think the Cowboys hope he can give a few good starting quality years before the knee causes him to end his career.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Let's hope he lasts longer than Antonio Anderson, who looked pretty good as a rookie but played only two seasons because he had bad knees.