Zoners: what was the issue here with Brian Waters?

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Galian Beast;4608773 said:
The guy like this that I would like to take a look at would be that nose tackle who played on the 49ers, but played in a 4-3 last year, I forget his name at the moment though.

Isaac Sopoaga

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Hoofbite;4608804 said:
Maybe because some people aren't so blind to miss the fact that the same people you have total faith in are the same people who created the OL issue in the first place.

Your FO rhetoric is totally ignorant to the fact that the FO of the Dallas Cowboys has made plenty of mistakes and skepticism is rightfully deserved.

Had you just stated that your position is one of blind support no matter the decision, it would have saved everyone a good amount of time discussing the issue.

Hoofbite;4608806 said:
If you think Costa beating out Gurode is the reason Gurode isn't around, you're delusional.

The Front Office repeatedly said Costa beat out Gurode. Whether they are delusional doesn't matter, it is what it is.

Cryin me a river doesn't help.

However, being able to see their point of view does.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SilverStarCowboy;4608878 said:
The Front Office repeatedly said Costa beat out Gurode. Whether they are delusional doesn't matter, it is what it is.

Cryin me a river doesn't help.

However, being able to see their point of view does.

And only their point of view.

Everything the Cowboys do is great because it's the Cowboys doing it.

Check yer brain at the door.

:blind:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;4608763 said:
What the team pays their staff is irrelevant.

Doesn't influence the cap at all. Jerry can spend until his hearts content in that area and nobody should have any problem with it.

They could have worked his contract in with little problem.

We just watched them do the same for all the players they signed this year.

As far as the team liking them, that's different from how they felt about the OL last year in what way?

If they work out, great. I hope they do but their process of taking a bunch of flyers either through the draft or FA isn't much different now than it was when they were failing to find adequate OL talent to develop a short while back.

By OC, I meant Center, not Offensive Coordinator. My bad.

This offseason's signings were very different from last offseason's. And I think--other than the Waters whiff- they made the right calls last year, too. Personnel-wise, 2011 was pretty much a lay-up season while the team positioned itself for this offseason. However you care to look at it, we've revamped our entire OL in very short order here, devoting resources to it in both FA and the draft. Just because we're finding players at value prices, it doesn't mean they're taking flyers, either. It's the right way to fill out your OL, you just have to do a better job selecting and developing the talent at those value positions than we've done recently.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
stasheroo;4608920 said:
And only their point of view.

Everything the Cowboys do is great because it's the Cowboys doing it.

Check yer brain at the door.

:blind:

Just trying to understand their view and their approach because I'm a Cowboys Fan.

When looking at successful lines around the NFL the Cowboys approach isn't very different, sign two bookend OTs (check), sign two starting Gaurds (check) find a young Center (about 3-5 to choose from currently on the roster) so much critism just because they decided to go young.

Yet they obviously had a change of philosophy, at least from the last group upfront, for the better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SilverStarCowboy;4609040 said:
Just trying to understand their view and their approach because I'm a Cowboys Fan.

When looking at successful lines around the NFL the Cowboys approach isn't very different, sign two bookend OTs (check), sign two starting Gaurds (check) find a young Center (about 3-5 to choose from currently on the roster) so much critism just because they decided to go young.

Yet they obviously had a change of philosophy, at least from the last group upfront, for the better.

I can see understanding it and understanding what they're trying to do.

It's the automatic assumption that it's the right thing that many of us don't agree with.

I'm hopeful that between Callahan and the players signed we'll see improvement, but I am not automatically assuming that to be the case.